Oceanfront Romantic Cottage, an Anniversary Paradise with Hot Tub and Privacy(47 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
Private Seafront Cottage, 1 Bedroom holiday house in a garden on the ocean
The cottage has a separate bedroom with large closets, luxury linens and 6 down pillows, living room with fireplace, queen-sized pull-out sofa bed, 2 comfortable reading chairs, and French bistro table. Teak reading chairs overlook the 2-sided deck and spa. There is also a large outside table and gas BBQ for cooking. The separate kitchen has dishes, glasses, pans and other cooking necessities and specialty items, and is stocked with beer, wine, bottled water, jams, coffee, tea and condiments. A basket of 'goodies' is added for late night snacks. Music, videos, books, games, binoculars will enhance your entertainment options. Bathroom has a powerful shower and a deep soaking tub with views of the gardens. Extra large windows from both the bedroom and the living room look directly out onto the ocean through the gardens, and are adjoined by a large deck with your own hot tub and seating for viewing the water and nature. Private gardens with paths surround the property and reading benches are sprinkled throughout the acreage. Best of all, there are sunsets 365 days a year (excluding rainy days, of course!) and you can view them all!
Because of the proximity to the ocean, this property is not suitable for children under 14.
Keywords: Secluded oceanfront cottage, dramatic whitewater ocean views, private hot tub, large deck overlooking gardens and ocean, private headlands, flowering gardens and pathways, reading benches, stream and waterfall, smells and sounds of crashing ocean waves, romantic and private, pet friendly and completely fenced.
Member since: 2010
- 650 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Not Suitable For Children:
- Pets Considered:
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- Queen size Bed in traditional 'cottage plantation' style; luxury accessories in your private bedroom overlooking the ocean with luxury linens, goosedown pillows and comforter; spa robes, closet and dresser space, beautifully furnished with side tables and reading lamps. Also included are iron and ironing board, hair dryer, and picnic basket. Local artists are displayed throughout. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Deep soaking tub with bath salts and other organic amenities, such as shampoo, conditioner, and lotion - a trousseau of wonderful lavender accessories - 'thirsty' towels, hair dryer, and night light. All of this in a seaside cottage-style room with a lofty ceiling, light and airy room. Shower head has a hefty water spray and there are candles and scented French soaps....moreless
- Gardens with paths and reading benches; Deck chairs and benches overlooking ocean; Property lined all along the south by a quiet stream ending in a waterfall to the ocean; Blow Hole seen from the south side; Ocean Caves underneath and visible from the accessable 10 acres next door; Black sand beach seen during low tides; Arched Rock and small islands which bring the 'white water'; Sandy beach 2 miles North and 1 mile South, State Parks both North and South, 1 mile to Pt. Cabrillo Lighthouse, Hiking paths everywhere, Quiet and romantic, more like a home than a rental, very comfortable and exclusive...moreless
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 2 people
- Clothes Dryer:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street:
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
Cottage designed kitchen with Kitchenaid glass stove top, large Calphalon counter oven, Full rerigerator/freezer and Microwave, Braun coffeemaker, toaster, hand-mixer, Cuisanart pots and pans....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $100
- Tax Rate 11%
3 night minimum, except when calendar has 2 nights available between bookings.
Thanksgiving, Christmas 5 night minimum.
No return deposit within 30 days of visit.
Pet fee $100 per stay.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
State Parks, Lighthouse, Wineries, Redwoods, Rivers and Streams, Forests, Whalewatching, Sandy Beaches, Botanical Gardens, Sportsclub, Art Center, Coastal Headlands, Abalone Diving, Beach Glass Hunting, Nature Walks, Lapping Ocean Sounds, Sunsets Year Around. Film Festival early June, Music Festival in July, Mushroom and Crab Festivals in January
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: Jerry and Cathy Karabensh have lived in Mendocino for 16 years, are retired, and enjoying life so much in the area that they want to share their view of the world with others. They have 1dog, and invite you to bring yours along.
Why the Owner Chose Mendocino, CA, USA:
Sunset Cove is actually 2 coves with black sand beaches when the tide is out. The property is cliffside, so you can see white water crashing on the rocks below. Most of the year you can see the waterfall that spills out into Sunset Cove. The Cottage is set nestled in a banquet of bushes along the north, keeping your deck and hot tub wind-free from the northwest winds that are typical of the area.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Private, tranquil, and romantic, The Cottage is traditionally decorated in seaside colors, more like a home than a hotel. The Karabensh's have included memorabilia from their extensive travels as well as books, movies, and an array of helpful holiday treats. Your own private hot tub awaits your leisure usage at any time.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Path to Cottage along Gardens
Sitting Area looking toward Kitchen
Welcome Snacks and Wine at the Bistro Table
Fully Equipped Open Kitchen
View of your Wrap-around Deck from the Master Bedroom
Deep Tub with Open shower
Hot Tub and Deck Chairs facing Ocean on Private Area
Closer View of Sunset Cove from Luke's Bench
Entrance to The Cottage at Sunset Cove
Frequent Visitors to Sunset Cove at Luke's Bench
Black Sand Viewpoint, Low Tide, walking toward Doberman Point
View of Grand Room from Entry
Ocean's View from Sitting Room
Partial View to Deck from Bedroom
Bathroom with Garden Window
Outside Dining Table overlooking Ocean and Sunset Cove
Luke's Bench overlooking Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove with Blooming Rock Roses
Gate over Bubbling Brook to private Headlands and Doberman Point
Fabulous Sunset on Sunset Cove
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 04, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.