Refurbished Brick, Waterfront Home on Cushing's Island.(8 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 5 Bedrooms + Bunk Area, 4 Baths, (Sleeps 10-13)
Cushing's Island is a privately-owned island in Casco Bay where roughly 45 families live seasonally. It is one of Maine's most beautiful islands with extensive walking trails that access it's stunning landscape. Walking, birding, swimming, sunbathing, tennis, fishing, kayaking, collecting sea glass, picking berries, exploring, or just relaxing on the porch are how most people fill their days. A year-round caretaker drives the only vehicle on the island. There are no shops, restaurants or stores on Cushing's. Ferry service leaves from Portland Harbor and runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Cushing's Island provides the perfect setting for a quiet, secluded family vacation only minutes from downtown Portland (where, if desired, one can find great restaurants, shopping, and museums).
Keywords: Large Island home, waterfront, brick, ocean view
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- Max. occupancy 13
- Children Welcome
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13, Beds for 10-13
- Additional Beds - 3 singles (actual WWI jail cells!)
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Dining Area
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Low Season (Spring)
May 1 - Jun 19, 2017
7 night min stay
Jun 20 - Sep 3, 2017
7 night min stay
Low Season (Fall)
Sep 4 - Nov 4, 2017
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $250
- Tax Rate 9%
60% deposit at time of booking, remaining 40% due two weeks before arrival.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: This is a family-owned property.
Why the Owner Chose Portland, ME, USA:
Our family has spent summers on Cushings Island for over 60 years.
- Secondary: 2076715566
Steps leading up to the deck that overlooks Spring Cove
Your spacious front deck.
View from the kitchen looking towards the front deck.
Additional view of kitchen.
Dining area within living room.
Single jail cell....popular with the kids!
Bedroom #2 with twin beds.
Hallway with three bedrooms to the right.
Upstairs master suite galley kitchen.
Your view from the deck. This is Spring Cove with Whitehead Passage beyond.
The upstairs master bedroom suite spans the entire footprint of the main house.
Three jail cells.
Bedroom #1 with twin beds.
Bedroom #3 with queen bed.
Upstairs master suite living room.
Upstairs master suite bathroom.
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Friday, March 17, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.