Avoid the massive crowds of Mission or Pacific Beach and relax in one of our charming cottages only a block from one of the most beautiful beaches in Southern California, our beloved Ocean Beach.
Ocean Beach is an authentic, ocean-front community with an eclectic, intimate character that is revered by travelers from around the world. It is a perfect destination for families, couples, singles, surfers, boaters, explorers - people with active lifestyles or people who just want to relax on the beach. Everything San Diego has to offer is virtually at your doorstep.
Our stand-alone beach Bungalows just couldn’t get any more charming with a private front yard, furnished deck, new granite kitchen counter, new tile flooring, tiled bathroom, fully-equipped kitchen, new windows and screens and new paint..
We have beach cruisers!
An air mattress is available but must be reserved in advance.
The cottage is a cozy 400 square feet but step through the sliding glass door and right out onto the furnished deck where you can read the morning paper over coffee, barbecue steaks at dinner time, or just lounge with a cold beer by the firepit after an invigorating day at the beach.
Amenities include indoor and outdoor furniture, fully-equipped kitchen, TV/DVD, stereo, DVD library, high speed, stable WiFi internet, bath towels, linens, pillows, blankets - all the comforts of home.
We have a full-sized bed (sleeps 2) in the bedroom and a comfortable air mattress for the living room (sleeps 2) however it takes up most of the living room area so we don't recommend for longer stays. It's more for if you want to have a guest while you visit.
IMPORTANT NOTE: No more than 1 pet per rental please
IMPORTANT NOTE: More units are available on property if traveling with group:
We are a small, family-owned operation. Like you, we love to travel and we know what it means to provide quality customer service. For the duration of your stay, we will be available all hours for all your needs.
NOTE: We only have two off street parking spaces to share between several units. For this reason, we lowered the general price of the rental but charge $10.60 per day for a dedicated, off street parking space. Must be arranged in advance.
ATTRACTIONS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE
1) PACIFIC OCEAN – Forget the car! Just walk to the beach in 5 minutes.
2) SAN DIEGO RIVER TRAIL - Beginning at the Ocean, and only a block or so from the bungalow, The San Diego River trail is excellent for wildlife viewing; bird watchers from all over the county come to snap pictures, and get good sightings and light for an array of wildlife. Fish are always jumping, eagles and hawks are often flying with live catches in their talons or beaks, and the tides make sure the visit is never the same twice.
For fun or exercise, this path links to well more than 20 miles of paths around the beaches and bay, which keeps you almost completely on a path and off traffic-clogged streets.
3) CRAFT BEER BREWERIES AND TASTING ROOMS - San Diego is known to be the craft brewery capital of the country with more craft breweries per capita than any other city. Here in OB we have several breweries and tasting rooms of some of the more acclaimed craft brands such as Pizza Port, Belching Beaver, Mike Hess Brewery, Culture Brewing, Helms Brewing and the Ocean Beach Brewing Company all within a 10-minute walk from your front door.
4) ROBB FIELD – is a huge park and recreation complex with multiple tennis, basketball and handball court. It also has a fitness gym, lighted softball and multi-purpose fields, playground area for kids, and acres of wide open grass with picnic tables and shade trees.
5) ROBB SKATEBOARD PARK – is a recently-built, 40 thousand square foot, state-of-the-art skate park.
6) MAIN STREET OCEAN BEACH (NEWPORT AVENUE) – Stroll along Antique Row or shop in any of the dozens of mom-n-pop retail stores. Roam the Farmers Market and Street Fair every Wednesday afternoon. Afterward have lunch, or an adult beverage, at one of the many restaurants, nightclubs and neighborhood bars.
7) OCEAN BEACH PIER – is the second longest pier in California. It’s an amazing, panoramic location from which to drop a fishing line (no license needed), take a romantic stroll, or grab a burger and a beer at the OB Pier Café.
8) THE TIDE POOLS OF SUNSET CLIFFS – Stroll along the stunning, striated Sunset Cliffs of the Pacific Ocean. This is one of the most beautiful locations in the world, named after its amazing sunsets. Take a leisurely stroll down to sea level and explore the magic and the mystery of the tide pools at low tide.
9) BIRD WATCHING AT THE FAMOSA SLOUGH – Birdwatchers come from around the world to see the many different, exotic birds that inhabit this 37-acre wetland, including, Osprey, Snowy Egrets, pelicans, ducks, sandpipers in the estuary Black-necked Stilts, Avocets, Kingfisher, Forster's Tern, and Great Egret. Walk or bike on the path that circumnavigates the slough.
ATTRACTIONS WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE
10 MINUTES – is all the driving time you need to visit Sea World, Seaport Village, Historic Old Town, Downtown San Diego and the historic Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Convention Center, Little Italy, Maritime Museums, Petco Park (Padres stadium), and San Diego’s main airport, Lindbergh field.
20 MINUTES – to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park and Museums, Torrey Pines Golf Course, five outdoor shopping malls, Qualcomm stadium (Chargers), Coronado Island and the historic Hotel Del Coronado, Cabrillo National Monument and Lighthouse.
30 MINUTES - to Tijuana and the Mexico border, Del Mar Racetrack and Fairgrounds, Several Indian gaming casinos, Legoland, etc.
As you can see, there is so much to see and do within a close distance of our cottages you probably won't be able to do it all in once visit. Which is why we want you to come back, again and again - till you see and do it all.
Keywords: Bungalow, cottage, cozy, charming, San Diego, Ocean Beach, beach bungalow, beach cottage, steps from beach, vacation, rentals, dog beach, affordable, inexpensive