Charming Beach Cottage-1 Block from Beach, Low Prices
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-4 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Avoid the massive crowds of Mission or Pacific Beach and relax in one of our charming cottages only a block from one of the most beautiful beaches in Southern California, our beloved Ocean Beach.
Ocean Beach is an authentic, ocean-front community with an eclectic, intimate character that is revered by travelers from around the world. It is a perfect destination for families, couples, singles, surfers, boaters, explorers - people with active lifestyles or people who just want to relax on the beach. Everything San Diego has to offer is virtually at your doorstep.
Our stand-alone beach Bungalows just couldn’t get any more charming with a private front yard, furnished deck, new granite kitchen counter, new tile flooring, tiled bathroom, fully-equipped kitchen, new windows and screens and new paint..
The cottage is a cozy 400 square feet but step through the sliding glass door and right out onto the furnished deck where you can read the morning paper over coffee, barbecue steaks at dinner time, or just lounge with a cold beer by the firepit after an invigorating day at the beach.
Amenities include indoor and outdoor furniture, fully-equipped kitchen, TV/DVD, stereo, DVD library, high speed, stable WiFi internet, bath towels, linens, pillows, blankets - all the comforts of home.
We have a full-sized bed (sleeps 2) in the bedroom and a comfortable, pull-out couch in the living room (sleeps 2).
IMPORTANT NOTE: 2-BEDROOM APARTMENT ALSO AVAILABLE: The apartment (sleeps 6) is right next door to the cottage, so if you're traveling with more people, it might be fun to rent them both for a discount!
We are a small, family-owned operation. Like you, we love to travel and we know what it means to provide quality customer service. For the duration of your stay, we will be available all hours for all your needs.
NOTE: We only have two off street parking spaces to share between several units. For this reason, we lowered the general price of the rental but charge $10.60 per day for a dedicated, off street parking space. Must be arranged in advance.
ATTRACTIONS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE
1) PACIFIC OCEAN – Forget the car! Just walk to the beach in 5 minutes.
2) SAN DIEGO RIVER TRAIL - Beginning at the Ocean, and only a block or so from the bungalow, The San Diego River trail is excellent for wildlife viewing; bird watchers from all over the county come to snap pictures, and get good sightings and light for an array of wildlife. Fish are always jumping, eagles and hawks are often flying with live catches in their talons or beaks, and the tides make sure the visit is never the same twice.
For fun or exercise, this path links to well more than 20 miles of paths around the beaches and bay, which keeps you almost completely on a path and off traffic-clogged streets.
3) CRAFT BEER BREWERIES AND TASTING ROOMS - San Diego is known to be the craft brewery capital of the country with more craft breweries per capita than any other city. Here in OB we have several breweries and tasting rooms of some of the more acclaimed craft brands such as Pizza Port, Belching Beaver, Mike Hess Brewery, Culture Brewing, Helms Brewing and the Ocean Beach Brewing Company all within a 10-minute walk from your front door.
4) ROBB FIELD – is a huge park and recreation complex with multiple tennis, basketball and handball court. It also has a fitness gym, lighted softball and multi-purpose fields, playground area for kids, and acres of wide open grass with picnic tables and shade trees.
5) ROBB SKATEBOARD PARK – is a recently-built, 40 thousand square foot, state-of-the-art skate park.
6) MAIN STREET OCEAN BEACH (NEWPORT AVENUE) – Stroll along Antique Row or shop in any of the dozens of mom-n-pop retail stores. Roam the Farmers Market and Street Fair every Wednesday afternoon. Afterward have lunch, or an adult beverage, at one of the many restaurants, nightclubs and neighborhood bars.
7) OCEAN BEACH PIER – is the second longest pier in California. It’s an amazing, panoramic location from which to drop a fishing line (no license needed), take a romantic stroll, or grab a burger and a beer at the OB Pier Café.
8) THE TIDE POOLS OF SUNSET CLIFFS – Stroll along the stunning, striated Sunset Cliffs of the Pacific Ocean. This is one of the most beautiful locations in the world, named after its amazing sunsets. Take a leisurely stroll down to sea level and explore the magic and the mystery of the tide pools at low tide.
9) BIRD WATCHING AT THE FAMOSA SLOUGH – Birdwatchers come from around the world to see the many different, exotic birds that inhabit this 37-acre wetland, including, Osprey, Snowy Egrets, pelicans, ducks, sandpipers in the estuary Black-necked Stilts, Avocets, Kingfisher, Forster's Tern, and Great Egret. Walk or bike on the path that circumnavigates the slough.
ATTRACTIONS WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE
10 MINUTES – is all the driving time you need to visit Sea World, Seaport Village, Historic Old Town, Downtown San Diego and the historic Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Convention Center, Little Italy, Maritime Museums, Petco Park (Padres stadium), and San Diego’s main airport, Lindbergh field.
20 MINUTES – to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park and Museums, Torrey Pines Golf Course, five outdoor shopping malls, Qualcomm stadium (Chargers), Coronado Island and the historic Hotel Del Coronado, Cabrillo National Monument and Lighthouse.
30 MINUTES - to Tijuana and the Mexico border, Del Mar Racetrack and Fairgrounds, Several Indian gaming casinos, Legoland, etc.
As you can see, there is so much to see and do within a close distance of our cottages you probably won't be able to do it all in once visit. Which is why we want you to come back, again and again - till you see and do it all.
Keywords: Bungalow, cottage, cozy, charming, San Diego, Ocean Beach, beach bungalow, beach cottage, steps from beach, vacation, rentals, dog beach, affordable, inexpensive
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- 400 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only:
Dogs only - with a $75 increase in cleaning fee Please hose down your dog and dry him with a towel when returning from the beach. Please do not let your pet jump or lie on the furniture. If the animal is predisposed to do this when you aren’t looking, keep the furniture covered with a protective blanket. Let your dog out in the front yard only, not the back yard. Please clean up after your dog, um, does his business on the yard...moreless
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- 1 bathroom
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 20 - Jan 1, 2017
4 night min stay
Jan 2 - Feb 28, 2017
4 night min stay
Mar 1 - May 31, 2017
4 night min stay
Jul 1 - Sep 1, 2017
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning fee $125 + tax
- Pet Fee $150 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 11.05%
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
There are lots of casinos in the area, about 30 minutes away
Year Purchased: 1994
About the owner: We are a family owned operation and, like you, lovers of travel and mingling with other travelers.
Why the Owner Chose Ocean Beach, San Diego, CA, USA:
Ocean Beach is a truly special beach community with a flair and character unlike anywhere I've been in the world.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Being so close to the beach and the smell of saltwater in the air.
- Primary: 619-261-5664
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
You will not believe the 360, panoramic view from the Cabrillo Monument
The world famous OB Pier - just a 5 minute walk
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 01, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.