Piece of Paradise - Great Location & Rates - Newly Remodeled --5 Star Reviews!!!(31 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Condo, 1 Bedroom + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath
A full remodel was completed in September 2015. Among the many enhancements are high grade kitchen cabinets, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, recessed LED lighting, porcelain tile flooring, new ceiling fans and a new air conditioning unit.
Our first floor location allows you to avoid elevators and have the benefit of your lanai extending out to a broad, landscaped lawn area. Your lanai area is the perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee, your happy hour or to catch up on your reading. You can also just relax and enjoy the tropical plants and song birds.
Inside, we strive to provide you with the comforts of home. All first floor units have a substantially larger living room area than the upper floor condos. The washer/dryer is a real bonus that is not offered in many Maui condos. The bath was recently updated to provide a large tiled shower with a separate sink and granite top vanity area for added privacy. We offer gas cooking.
Free high speed wireless internet and unlimited free long distance calls to the US, Canada and many other countries allow you to stay in contact with family, friends and business associates.
Your comfort is assured by an air conditioner, two ceiling fans, a portable pedestal fan and gentle cross breezes. A security screen door allows you to enjoy fresh air circulating through the unit while not having to be concerned about your privacy.
Condo entry is via an electronic lock and an in unit safe is provided for the protection of your valuables. There is a large bedroom closet. Beach chairs, umbrellas, and a cooler are provided to enhance your beach adventures.
Kihei Akahi offers two pools and a tennis court that is very close to our unit. There are gas barbecues at each pool area. Parking is convenient to our unit.
KAM II is a guarded beach that offers excellent swimming, boogey boarding, body surfing, and snorkeling. Restrooms, a shower and a picnic area are provided. KAM III directly south of KAM II offers a playground. At dusk, KAM II is a magnet for visitors and locals alike to enjoy the beauty of the sunset. During whale season (November to April), you can enjoy the humpback whales performing for your delight.
Kihei Akahi is a quiet oasis, yet it is also very close to a wide variety of shopping and casual and fine dining venues.
TOP TEN REASONS TO STAY AT KIHEI AKAHI C-105
1. Location, Location, Location – OK, we know that is three reasons, but seriously, Kihei is Maui’s cradle of sunshine. When it may be raining elsewhere on the island, chances are the sun is shining in Kihei. With Kihei Akahi situated right in the middle of the three top rated Kamaole beaches, the sun, sand, surf and snorkeling are only steps away from your door. C-105 is closer to the beach than most of the Kihei Akahi condos, yet far enough away from South Kihei Road to afford you a quiet stay. Kihei Akahi is also close to numerous restaurants along with shopping opportunities like the Shoppes at Wailea. While in Wailea, enjoy a walk on the promenade between the five star hotels along the beach and poke your head into the hotels to see what $600 per night or more can buy you.
2. Size – All of the first floor one bedroom units in Kihei Akahi have a larger floor plan. This added square footage is in your main living area where you will spend most of your time when your eyes are open.
3. Amenities – Kihei Akahi offer not just one, but two pools plus a tennis court. These amenities are a perfect complement to all of the recreational offerings throughout the island.
4. Beaches – Maui has more miles of sandy beaches than any of the other Hawaiian islands. The jewel beaches in Kihei are the KAMS (Kamaole I, II and III). Walk down Akahi’s entry drive and you are in the middle of KAM II. The KAM’s offer guarded beaches, rest room facilities, open stretches of sand, picnic areas, and snorkeling opportunities. If you continue south into Wailea and Makena, there are a treasure trove of beaches, each with their own personality and charm.
5. Ground Level – C-105’s first floor location affords you an opportunity to spill out into the garden area when on the lanai as opposed to being constrained to a lanai with a railing. There is no waiting for an elevator, and C-105 is distanced from the elevator area and trash disposal area that can be a source of noise and unwanted light at night.
6. Price – We have adopted a pricing philosophy that we would rather see others enjoying our home away from home than allowing it to sit vacant in the search for guests willing to pay top dollar. This philosophy has resulted in our being able to host many wonderful singles and couples who have treated our Kihei home like it was their own.
7. Recreation Equipment – We have attempted to provide all of our guests with the basics for an enjoyable stay in this tropical paradise. You will find beach chairs, umbrellas, snorkel gear, a cooler, etc. to allow you to begin enjoying all Maui has to offer without having to purchase or rent gear before hitting the beach. Many guests prefer to rent their own snorkel gear, so just up the street is Snorkel Bob’s where they rent top quality snorkel gear. Get the 2 for 1 coupon online.
8. Entertainment – After you have taken in a full day of relaxation on the beach or at the pool area, shopping, touring, dining and/or nightlife; you are able to come back to the peace and tranquility of C-105 where you will find a flat screen TV, DVD Player, CD player, books, DVD's, games and playing cards. There is also a bedroom TV. An added bonus is the free unlimited calling to the US and Canada.
9. Comfort – We have made every effort to make all of our guests as comfortable as is reasonably possible. The pictures tell the story of the queen sized bed, the sofa bed and comfortable living room chairs, the dining area as well as the stools at the kitchen counter to keep the chef company. Outside you will be able to enjoy your morning coffee or a meal al fresco with the lanai furnishings.
10. Fully Equipped – In the kitchen, we have tried to think of everything to enable you to practice your culinary skills. You will find a rice cooker, a blender, coffee maker, mixer, toaster, microwave, and all of the utensils needed for your cooking pleasure. An unusual feature in Hawaii, we provide gas cooking. Last, but certainly not least, there is no need to go to a complex laundromat since you will find a washer and dryer right in your unit.
Hawaii Tax ID #W51900626-01
Keywords: Popular KAM II location, 1st floor, close to restaurants and shopping, tennis, pools, beach
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- On floor 1
- 700 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 2
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The shower and toilet are separated by a door from the vanity.
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Free Long Distance:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
Pool / Spa
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Spring Shoulder Season
Apr 2 - Apr 29, 2017
3 night min stay
Fall Shoulder Season
Nov 4 - Dec 15, 2017
3 night min stay
Dec 16 - Jan 1, 2018
3 night min stay
Jan 2 - Apr 1, 2018
3 night min stay
Spring Shoulder Season
Apr 2 - Apr 29, 2018
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Registration $15 + tax
- Cleaning $100 + tax
- Tax Rate 13.42%
Additional $10 per night for each guest over two persons.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We are early retirees who have been enjoying the beauty of Hawaii for over 20 years. After having visited all of the major Hawaiian Islands, we realized that there is no other place that offers what Maui offers. Living on the East Coast, it is a long flight, but it is well worth the time to reach paradise.
Why the Owner Chose Kihei, HI, USA:
In our Maui travels, we explored north, east, south and west and stayed in each of these locations. There was no question that Kihei offered us the best weather, variety of beaches, and access to great restaurants, shopping and golf. We limited our search for a condo to the KAM I, II and III area and were fortunate enough to find our ideal location. We are an active couple. The South Kihei location affords us the ability to explore a wide variety of beaches each with their own personality. Our daily walks originate from our condo, and our more aggressive hiking locations are equally convenient. When we want to explore beyond the Kihei/Wailea/Makena area, other areas of Maui are very accessible.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
The basics of a one bedroom, one bath condo in Maui are very similar from property to property. What makes our condo at Kihei Akahi different from many others are an in unit washer/dryer, gas cooking, the flat screen TV in the living room and cable TV in the bedroom. The first floor location eliminates the need to wait for an elevator or climb stairs, and it also allows you to extend your outdoor living from the lanai onto the spacious and beautifully landscaped lawn area. In addition to the location benefits highlighted above, the very short walk to a premiere, guarded beach is a real plus.
- Primary: +001 480-459-7881 4804597881
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
New sofa bed added January 2014
Plenty of seating in the living room plus drawer space under TV.
Stainless steel appliances including a low noise Bosch dishwasher. Gas cooking.
Remodeled vanity area. Granite countertop coming soon.
A door separates this area from the vanity area
Bedroom offers queen bed, TV and plenty of dresser space.
We are in Building C (pictured), 3rd ground floor lanai from the left
One of the two pools - Each with barbecue grills. Closest pool has WiFi.
Path to KAM II beach that is opposite the entry drive to Kihei Akahi
Whale watching is a thrilling activity from shore or by boat November - April
How is this for a spectacular sunset?
Flat screen TV with DVD for your viewing pleasure
New high end kitchen remodel in September 2015 with granite counter tops
Dining area provides a comfortable meal setting
Spacious remodelled shower
Washer and gas dryer. This stack unit is closed off from view by door.
This expansive closet also is home to a room safe & the beach gear.
Garden view from lanai
Well maintained condominium complex
Assortment may change, but there will be a full inventory of things to enjoy!
KAM II's long expanse of beach with early morning walkers
Sunsets are breathtaking
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, April 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.