Lynn's Mountain Lodge/Special $150 Night/Awesome Views/Book Now 4 Fall & Winter(11 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
This manager doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Mountain Chalet, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths (Sleeps 8) Excellent Mountain Views
The home is entered from a front porch into a cozy yet spacious great room with cathedral ceilings (dining room/living room/ kitchen) that is well furnished with mountain décor and a large Oriental rug. The large wall-to-wall sliding glass doors and cathedral windows along the back side of the house offer panoramic views of the surrounding Appalachian mountains, including Grandfather Mountain. It almost serves to bring the outdoors indoors. During cold nights, guests can enjoy large the gas logs in the stone fireplace in the great room, watch movies, or play games together. On warm nights family and friends can congregate on the oversized deck, enjoy the view, and possibly grill out.
Also located on the main floor is the master bedroom, which is beautifully appointed with a queen size bed, a comfortable chaise lounge, and has a dressing area with a walk-in closet and the master bath. Sliding glass doors offer private access to the back deck which stretches for the length of the house. You can lie in bed and look out at Grandfather Mountain.
On the other side of the house are 2 additional bedrooms and another full bathroom. The front bedroom contains an antique double bed and has been dubbed 'the blue room' because of the cozy decor. The back bedroom is charmingly decorated with a full size antique bed and bedroom set and contains a sliding glass door that opens onto the back deck of the house and provides a breathtaking view of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Guests will not be disappointed with the overall charming feel of our home away from home.
Before making a payment, always call the manager at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Must be at least 24 years of age to sign the rental contract and house rules. Guest list is required with names and ages of all overnight visitors. No overnight guests without prior owner approval. The person who signs the rental contract must be present each night covered by the contract....moreless
- Children Welcome:
- Limited Accessibility:
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- The home has a wet bar located behind a set of folding doors in the dining area. Ceiling fans are located in the great room and in the master bedroom. There is a large book library, books on CD and cassette, a large collection of games suitable for all ages, and an assortment of puzzles. We also have a 'Welcome to Our Home' book which includes instructions for working all appliances, codes for the wifi, contact information and directions for dealing with emergencies, a list of favorite area restaurants, churches, and brochures for many of the area attractions. We live in the area are available to meet your needs if possible....moreless
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Gas Fireplace:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Ice Maker
Complete set of dishes, glassware, barware (home has a wet bar), pots and pans, bake ware, mixing bowls, Coffee maker, Can opener, Toaster, Hand Mixer, Crock pot, Immersion blender, Cuisinart ice cream/yogurt maker (with instructions and recipes, garbage disposal, small food chopper...moreless
- Pantry Items:
Deck / Patio:
Charming front porch. Back deck extends the entire length of the house and has fabulous views of Grandfather Mountain and the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains. Outdoor glass top table with seating for four. Additional seating for 2. Four sliding glass door open onto the back deck, two sets of sliding glass doors in the great room, one sliding glass door in the master bedroom and one sliding glass door in the second bedroom....moreless
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning fee $90 + tax
- Pet Fee $20 + tax
- Tax Rate 12.75%
12.75% NC State and Local Occupancy Tax.
$90.00 One time cleaning fee.
$20 per night per pet/limit 2/each under 20 lbs.)
$250 Security Deposit Hold on major credit card.
Different rates apply for holidays and Peak seasons. Please contact the owner for more details.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting manager when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The variety of activities from Blowing Rock to Boone to Seven Devils to Banner Elk ensures there's never a dull season in the High Country. From skiing to kayaking, shopping for art to cutting down Christmas trees, there is always something to see and do no matter what the season. The following is a list of some of what we believe are 'must see/experience' things to do in the area.
1. Grandfather Mountain - the highest peak in Blue Ridge and a nature preserve. It has the thrilling Mile High Swinging Bridge, a habitat zoo, a nature museum, restaurant, gift shop, picnic areas, and many kinking trails. It is also home to the Highland Games held each July.
2. The Blue Ridge Parkway - It was conceived as a work project during the Great Depression and is a linear national park that extends for 469 miles. From here we advise travelers to get on the Parkway just outside Blowing Rock and visit Moses Cone Memorial Park (MP 292) and the Flat Top Manor House then travel a little bit further down the parkway and picnic at Julian Price Park (MP 297) and enjoy the beautiful Price Lake. From there continue on and both drive on the Linn Cove Viaduct or view the Viaduct from the Linn Cove Viaduct Visitor Center (MP 304.3).
3.The Blowing Rock - enjoy stunning views of the Blue Ridge and see the Rock where air currents flow upwards.
4. Tweetsie RR - Children will enjoy this theme park centered around the actual Tweetsie train and Wild West adventure journey. There are amusement rides, live entertainment, good food, and fun for all.
5. Hawksnest zip line and snow tube park - Located on Seven Devils this zip line course is the largest on the East Coast with 19 cables and the Snow Tubing Park has 20 lanes of fun.
6. Area skiing includes Sugar Mountain, Beech Mountain, and Appalachian Ski Mountain.
7. Mast General Store - This is an old fashioned mercantile store in Valle Crucis which was established in 1883. There is an annex a 1/4 of a mile away that features the 'candy barrel' selling 'old timey candy' and clothing. There is also a branch of the store located in downtown Boone on King Street.
8. Cultural Events - Each summer Appalachian State University hosts an extensive and eclectic summer festival with programs of music, dance, theater, visual arts, film, and a performing arts series. Lees McRae College in Banner Elk has a worthwhile summer performing arts series, as do local events such as MerleFest in Wilkesboro, Ashe County's Christmas in July, Beech Mountain's Autumn at Oz, and many other local weekly concerts in area parks and downtown squares.
9. Antiquing - There are numerous antique malls and stores throughout the area. You can fill an entire afternoon by simply driving Highway 105 from Boone to the turnoff to Banner Elk and stop in antique store after antique store. My favorite is the antique Mall in Foscoe.
10. Gem Mining - Numerous gem mines are in the area.
11. Outdoor dramas (Summer only) - Horn in the West in Boone which is the nation's oldest Revolutionary War Drama.
12. Wineries - Banner Elk Winery, Grandfather Winery.
A list of other area activities (there's such so much to list it's hard to describe them all!!!): horseback riding, golfing, rafting, kayaking, water tubing, fly fishing, hiking, rock climbing, shopping, and dining.
Year Purchased: 1986
About: I am a retired educator. I taught high school and middle school English and Government 14 years and then became a college professor after earning my doctorate in Education from Baylor University in Waco, Texas (Sic 'Em Bears!!!) (Special shout out to RGIII and Brittany Griner as well!). I then taught students how to become teachers and then taught for the next 15 years at Texas Tech University, Lynchburg College in Virginia, Presbyterian College in South Carolina, and finally here at Appalachian State University. My husband grew up on Seven Devils and attended Appalachian State University and graduate school at NC State University. We live in the Valle Crucis area and are usually available to try to meet your needs.
Why Seven Devils, NC, USA:
This home was built by my mother-in-law and my husband lived in the home until he graduated from ASU. When his mother passed away we simply could not bear to part with the property (and all its special memories for us) and decided to turn it into a vacation rental property. By doing so, we can occasionally enjoy the home ourselves and share our love of the area and the fabulous views with others. There is no place quite like life in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The pace is slower, people are kinder, and the views, well, in my opinion they simply restore something gentle and wondrous in your soul. After years of living here I can honestly say that I find a quiet joy in simply enjoying the view as I drive to and from the grocery store.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Our second home is a true oasis that you and your family and/or friends will find homey and simply relaxing. It is close to all of the High Country's various activities...you can virtually get to any part of Boone, Banner Elk, Blowing Rock, Grandfather Mountain, the Blue Ridge Parkway within 20 minutes. One of the great perks about the location of the house is the fabulous view from the deck that extends across the entire back of the house. My husband and I have sat there many a late afternoon and evening and simply soaked in the view while enjoying each others company.
- Primary: 828-278-0231
- Secondary: + 828-773-4646 Cell Phone
Links to more information:
What a nice cozy living area with a flat screen tv and gas logs in the fireplace
Many happy times have been spent in front of this fireplace with gas logs.
View of living and dining area. Notice 2 areas of access to the back deck.
View of bar and kitchen.
The 'Welcome to our Home' book: Contains instructions, directions, & area info.
Master bedroom, dressing area, master bath. Notice the comfy chaise lounge.
Master bedroom opens into the great room.
Second bedroom, full size bed.
Bedroom #3, Full size bed.
Front view of the house.
View of Grandfather Mountain from the back deck.
Fall display by the Seven Devils Town Hall.
Dining table and living area with great view of the surrounding mountains.
View of great room, dining area, and kitchen. Notice the cathedral ceilings.
Our entertainment area. Plenty of games for all ages, puzzles, books, etc.
Kitchen. Many a fantastic meal has been prepared here.
Master bedroom, queen size bed.
Master bedroom with private access to the back deck. Great place to wake up!
Dressing area and bathroom in master bedroom.
Second bedroom. Also has private sliding glass door entry onto the back deck.
Bedroom #3. My childhood rocker with an assortment of children's books.
Awesome back deck. Plenty of room for visiting with family and mountain gazing!
Another view from the back deck.
View of front porch.
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the manager or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.