We invite you to stay in this quaint 1-BR apartment with separate entry on the basement floor of our Victorian house within close proximity to New York City and the Newark International Airport. Enjoy verdant tranquility with convenient access to the city!
- In Victorian house.
- Separate, basement apartment with private entry.
- Approx. 800 sq. ft.
- 1 bedrooms - featuring a full-size bed, with a futon in the living room.
- Free wireless internet.
- Cable TV
- Spacious apartment with fully equipped kitchen, including range and refrigerator, toaster, microwave oven, french press coffee maker.
- Hair dryer, iron and ironing board are provided.
- Plenty of storage space.
- One car driveway parking.
- Shady porch & yard with ample trees/plants.
- Quiet, residential, cherry blossom park area.
- Fresh market, liquor store, and tennis courts are within short walking distance, a couple of blocks away.
- Easy commute to NYC
- Convenient to Newark Liberty International Airport (15-20 min. drive).
- We are very flexible about check ins and check outs, however if this occurs on the same day (which sometimes happens) we ask that:
the check out takes place on or before 10:00 am and the check in
in its turn takes place around 5:00 pm, so that we have enough time
to prepare the apartment for the upcoming guest.
Guests have access to the nice, shady porch, shady and green yard with the swings for adults and children alike, and to the driveway to park their car.
Interaction with guests:
We will meet guests upon arrival to show them around and answer any questions. Should our guests have any further questions or issues during their stay, we are located on the first floor of the house and will be happy to help. You may reach us by telephone, email, or come ring our doorbell.
This is a historic neighborhood, with the tree-lined streets and mansions of the old days. The famous Cherry Blossom Park (with the most cherry trees in the US), designed by Frederick Law Olmsted (who also designed NYC's Central Park), is a short walking distance away. It is equally beautiful at any season of the year.
The NJ Performing Art Center (NJPAC), with such events as Poetry Festivals and musical concerts for all tastes, and the Newark Public Library are a short ride away by the Light Rail.
Within a few minutes walk is a new supermarket, a liquor store, and a busy hub station offering bus and light rail transportation to different parts of NJ and NYC.
We are also very close to Newark Penn Station (about a 10-min. ride by light rail), which includes Amtrak and NJ Transit trains, and PATH trains to NYC.
We are about a 20-min. car ride to Newark Liberty International Airport.