Colorado Mountain Paradise-Newly Constructed on 3 Sunny Acres
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
This gorgeous custom log home just completed construction as of January 1, 2013. The beautiful slate floors, high vaulted ceilings, large windows, and state-of-the-art kitchen are just some of the high quality features. The great room has two-story windows to gaze at the white-capped mountains, stars, and beautiful views. The open concept of the great room, kitchen, dining area, and breakfast counter with a big screen LCD TV/DVD player makes this an ideal area for entertaining. Keep your car inside the attached 2-car garage for easy access in and out of the cabin. The home is tastefully decorated with Southwest décor, log accents and a pellet stove for warmth after that long day of skiing. The cabin is situated on the sunny side of Glacier Ridge so that you have views from every window in the home. The large wrap-around deck affords views of Colorado’s well known Fourteeners Lincoln, Bross and Democrat amongst the beautiful aspen, pine and massive blue sky of San Isabel National Forest. The Master Bedroom has a private balcony, queen bed and dressers, luxurious bath with rain shower head and big screen TV. Attached is the master loft with full length windows, couch with queen bed, sitting chairs, tables, desk, and telescope to view the crystal clear starry nights and mountain range. The main floor bedroom has a queen bed, dresser, and windows admiring the views both west and east. The third bedroom located on the lower level has a bunk bed with a Full Size top & bottom mattress and is a great set-up for kids! All of the rooms are tastefully decorated with plenty of room and comfort for the entire family including the dog. The game room features a foos-ball table, bumper pool table and comfortable black leather sectional couch for an evening of fun. The roads are county maintained but 4-wheel drive is highly recommended due to the weather conditions in this area. If you enjoy ATVing or snowmobiling, rentals and information are available from Fairplay to Breckenridge. Interested in snow skiing or snowshoeing? You can be on the slopes of Breckenridge Resort within 20 minutes or for a full day of skiing into the night, head on over to Keystone Resort. Copper Mountain and Vail Resorts are also another option that is easily accessible. There are several world-class fishing areas including Antero Reservoir, Spinney Reservoir, Eleven Mile Reservoir, and the Platte River. Thanks to our central location, you can take advantage of Colorado’s great outdoor activities, year round.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 2200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 8 guests; add $12 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $79
- Cleaning Fee $140
- Pet Fee $50
- Refundable Damage Deposit $350
- Tax Rate 6.9%
RATES DISCOUNT ON 3RD NIGHT TO $250/NIGHT; 4th-6th Night $240; 7 Nights or Longer $225/DAY!!
Renter must be 25 years or older and email a copy of photo I.D prior to reserving the property
Cleaning Fee based on 4 hours cleaning (including laundry); anything over 4 hours will be deducted from Security Deposit.
**IF INTERESTED IN 2 DAYS ONLY, PLEASE CONTACT ME. MAY BE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Fairplay and Alma are the activity center of the Colorado Rocky Mountains and is often referred to as the Base Camp for all activities some of which include skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain climbing, snow-shoeing, horseback riding, ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, snow-mobiling, 4-wheeling, ATVing, mine exploring, canoeing, kayaking, and much, much more. If you can think of an outdoor activity, you're staying in the right place. Enjoy this newly constructed cabin during any season of the year. The access is easy and directly off of Hwy. 9 and 4-wheel drive is not a necessity but is recommended in the winter months. You can find all of these activities within minutes of our home:
* San Isabel & Pike National Forest...Montgomery Reservoir, Lincoln Falls, climb/hike 14ers (Lincoln, Bross, Democrat, Quandry are within 10 miles) ice climb, ski, snowboard, and some of the best snow-shoeing and 4-wheeling in Colorado
* Breckenridge ... ski, snowboard, snowmobile, fish, boat, golf, snow tube park, cross country ski - 19 miles N (Keystone, Copper Mountain, and Vail resorts just a little further - you pick and choose)
* Fishing/Hunting...Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing, 5 area lakes, South Platte River walking distance from our cabin, Colorado's Top Quality Hunting area for Elk, Deer, Bighorn Sheep, Water Fowl, and more
* Alma...The Highest Incorporated City in the USA - 2 miles N
* Fairplay...Fairplay Historic Mining Town, South Park Recreation Center - 4 miles SE
* Como Historic Railroad District - Built in 1879 - 10 miles NE
* Silverthorne...Factory Outlet Shops, sail, fish, ice fish, Lake Dillon - 32 miles N
* Buena Vista...Hot Springs, fish, raft the Arkansas River - 37.8 Miles SW
* Colorado Springs…Air Force Academy, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, World Arena Event Center - 87 miles SE
* Cripple Creek...Casinos, gambling, gold mining - 71 miles SE
* Salida ... fish, hike, jeep trails, raft – 57 Miles SW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusement parks - 90 miles NE
* Canon City...home of the Royal Gorge – 80 miles SE
* Manitou Springs...Cave of the Winds, Cliff Dwellings, Museum, Pikes Peak – 82 miles SE
* Woodland Park...The North Pole (home of Santa's Workshop & amusement rides), shops, Dinosaur Museum - 68 Miles SE
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Meet our family; 4 generations of outdoor enthusiasts that snow ski, snowboard, water ski, mountain climb (accomplishing all 54 Fourteeners), white water rafting, snow shoeing, snowmobiling, ATVing, 4-Wheeling, fishing, skating, biking, and the list goes on and on. As a family growing up in Colorado, the activities are as endless as the terrain and beauty. 365 days of family fun!
Why the Owner Chose Alma, CO, USA:
As a vacation property, there is no comparison. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall there is always something for everyone or just sit back and enjoy the tranquility of your beautiful surroundings.
- Primary: 719-592-0358
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Home Sweet Home!
Wrap around deck and 2 car garage
Great room, cozy and warm!
Kitchen, breakfast counter and backside is dining.
Main Floor bath.
Stairs leading from Great Room to upstairs Loft & Master Bed Room
Looking down into the Great Room.
Master Suite with door to private balcony with outdoor chairs & table
Afternoon sun on wrap around deck with gas grille & patio set.
Walk out game room with huge sectional leather couch, Foosball & Bumper Pool
Full Size Bunk Beds with step/storage top and bottom
Local elk, deer, fox, bears & more.
Wow, surrounded by beauty 360 degrees!
Great room with state of the art Wood Burning Pellet Stove
Great room with upstairs loft.
Kitchen with door to the main floor bathroom on left.
Main Floor Bedroom with Queen bed.
Upstairs loft with Queen Size Sofa Bed
Master Suite, Queen bed, dressers, big screen TV.
Master Bath with double sinks and rain head shower
Plenty of room for outdoor dining
Downstairs Bunk Beds (Full Size Top & Bottom). Great kids room!
Lower Level Bathroom.
Jefferson Lake in Fairplay.
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.