** Please note that the property manager lives on site, in a completely separate unit **
Up to 6 guests will discover a little piece of heaven at 'Ann's Aerie', a private 2-bedroom, 1.5-bath vacation rental home in Stevenson. This property boasts 1,855-square-feet of space on 1.26 acres, located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. Enjoy views of the Columbia River, Cascade Mountains, and Bridge of the Gods!
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Full Size Futon Bed, Queen Mattress
Upon entering, you will instantly feel at home in the spacious and uniquely decorated interior that offers spectacular river views along the entire south side of the house. To add to its inviting ambiance, this home is handicap-accessible, so anyone can stay here!
The fully equipped eat-in kitchen has ceramic tile floors, and custom German cabinetry throughout and has everything you need to whip up a home-cooked meal, including a wide variety of pots, pans, dishes, and utensils for your every culinary need. Multiple staples and spices are available for the chef of the group to prepare culinary delights.
The spacious open, high-ceiling living and dining room areas have rich bamboo floors throughout and feature floor-to-ceiling windows with French doors that open onto the full-length private deck boasting incredible views. There is also a large gas fireplace and flat-screen TV equipped with DirecTV.
Mix up your favorite cocktail in the separate wet bar area that, in addition to a faucet, sink, and custom-made German cabinetry, comes complete with numerous stemware and cocktail glasses.
The spacious master bedroom features a grand queen bed, a wall-mounted plasma TV, and an armoire. French doors open onto the full-length deck so you can enjoy the incredible view. The beautiful master bath features a double handicapped-accessible walk-in shower and an inviting Jacuzzi to relax in after a full day of activities.
The 2nd bedroom has a full futon with a comfortable mattress and a CordaRoys Convertible “Beanbag Chair” that transforms into a 10-inch-thick queen-size foam bed. There is also an inflatable queen-sized, double-high (18”) air bed available, and the room includes a stand-up closet/dresser combo with a flat-screen TV.
The Columbia Gorge National Scenic Area includes hundreds of miles of both family-friendly and higher-intensity hikes in one of the world’s truly most unique and beautiful natural settings. The vast expanses of wildflowers, roaring waterfalls, hot springs, panoramic viewpoints, and mossy forest retreats combine to offer you singular hiking experiences. Comprehensive trail maps and guidebooks are available to our guests for a nominal fee upon request.
Rock Creek Park is 0.2 miles from the property and features numerous picnic tables surrounding the river and pond as well as a playground for you and the kids.
Summer is festival time in the Gorge, including Blues & Brews, GorgeGrass, and the Skamania County Fair - all of which are less than a 10-minute walk away.
Downtown Stevenson is only a half-mile away and offers restaurants, coffee houses, ice cream parlors, numerous quaint shops, a post office, and a full-service grocery store and deli.
Cascade Locks is 2 miles away across the Bridge of the Gods. Cascade Locks is also the home port of the sternwheeler Columbia Gorge, where from May through October guests can enjoy memorable 1 or 2-hour narrated sightseeing excursions, weekend champagne brunch cruises, dinner cruises, and a variety of special event and holiday cruises.
Sample one of the 12 breweries within a 20-mile radius, such as Walking Man Brewery and Jester & Judge Cider Company in Stevenson; Thunder Island Brewery in Cascade Locks; Backwoods Brewery in Carson (7 miles); and 8 others in Hood River.
Hood River, 20 miles away, is also known as the Windsurfing Capital of the World, and there you will find numerous restaurants, unique shops, nightly entertainment, and windsurfing lessons.
A world of wine is yours to explore within 40 miles! The Columbia River Gorge is home to America's "Most Unique Wine Region" - take a tour or visit on your own the more than 20 wineries (including Cathedral Ridge and Maryhill) in the region.
Head to the Carson Hot Springs for an authentic 1930s traditional bathhouse experience; play a round of golf at one of several courses in the area; zipline through the forest; or tour the Bonneville Dam and Fish Hatchery.
Fish at your leisure or go out on one of the local charter fishing boats to catch salmon, steelhead, and sturgeon.
For ultimate relaxation head to Skamania Lodge, a full-service spa just 1 mile from the home.
The Portland International Airport is 45 miles from the property.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped professional-grade kitchen, flat-screen cable TVs, gas fireplace, private decks, free WiFi, high-end food processor, gazebo and grape arbor, patio area with furniture, Jacuzzi, handicap accessibility, including a handicapped-accessible shower, and more!
- Shared laundry facilities are available on the premises
- Laundry, personal shopping, and additional housekeeping services are also offered at a nominal additional cost
- Fantastic Stevenson location! Easy access to parks, shopping, restaurants, breweries, festivals, Mt. Hood, hiking, golfing, zip lining, windsurfing, and so much more!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Portland International Airport - 7000 NE Airport Way, Portland, OR 97218 (~43 miles away)
- Smoking permitted: outdoors only
- Medical cannabis permitted, must comply with local laws
- Pets acceptable with prior homeowner approval. Pet fee is $100 per stay for the first pet. Additional pets may incur additional charges, depending upon numbers, breeds, and sizes. Please inquire with Evolve
- Please note that if the number of guests present at the property exceeds the number on the reservation, your party will be subject to an additional charge
- No parties or large gatherings - smaller events or gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Please note that the property manager lives on site, in a completely separate unit, with their dog and cat
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in