Simply the Best- 1 BR Penthouse Romantic Beachfront
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Location, Location, Location: I can emphasize enough that Sunset Fisherman's location is the best in all of Playa del Carmen. We are located in an exclusive gated community just South of the town so it's quiet with NO VENDORS, NO LOUD CLUBS, NO ROCKS OR SEAWEED ON A STUNNING BEACH and LOW DENSITY number of people as this quiet neighborhood is just a 10 minute walk to the action of 5th Ave and the Ferry dock.
This is actually a 2 BR/2.5 BTH (see listing 306688 for more reviews) unit that we can lock-off the smaller bedroom/bath for ONE COUPLE ONLY. This will provide you 1000 sq feet with amazing views from the living room, balcony, master suite, kitchen and dining! This Million-dollar view penthouse is a one-of-a-kind a kind, 2-level 1 Bedroom penthouse on the beach, not far-far away like some resorts. It literally takes you less than a minute after stepping out of the condo to have your toes in the sand! We just started marketing the penthouse to couples, so you can see the reviews on VRBO listing 306688 for this unit.
The private balcony, living room, dining room, kitchen and master suite all have this wonderful pool and beachfront view. The King bed is new as of Sept 2016 and is a Sealy PillowTop so if you care about your night's sleep you will love it.
What makes Sunset Fisherman's Village a stand-out amongst the other condos and resorts? I would have to say it's because it's SMALL (there are just 50 units) and yet it's full service. There is no other condo complex in Playa del Carmen that offers as much as Sunset Fisherman's does right on site.
1) Free use of bikes, boogie boards, Hobie Cats, Paddle Boards and Kayaks
2) Full service- yes, bellman, concierge, front desk, maids, waitress service at the beach and restaurant, masseuse in the spa
3) Safe- yes Sunset Fisherman's is located in the gated community of Playacar Phase 1. Security 24-7
4) Location, Location, Location. The Playacar location is close to 5th Ave, but far enough away. Yes, there are resorts on the beach smack dab in the middle of 'the action' but do you want parties and clubs keeping you up at 2-3 am? Our resort is peaceful yet just a 3 min bike ride to the action or a 10 min beach stroll away.
5) WiFi for a small fee
6) Swim up pool bar
7) Optional meal and drink plan (call for more info)
8) Activities- yoga, water aerobics, tequila tasting, pottery painting, etc
9) Did I mention as much Rest and Relaxation that you can stand?
10) Did I mention romance? The staff at Fisherman's can set up a dinner for two experience right on the beach
I know you have the option to choose an all-inclusive resort, but don't and here is why. The AI resorts are over-crowded with over 300 rooms and it will take you 5-10 minutes to walk to the beach from your room. You end up eating at the 2-3 restaurants and having the same lousy buffet food day after day and you'll be lucky to have a peek-a-boo view of the ocean after leaning way over on your balcony! My penthouse is the actual unbelievable view you see in all the photos! Don't feel like standing in line for your meals? You can choose to eat at the restaurant on-site, make delicious meals in our beautiful kitchen or walk 10 minutes to 5th Avenue and have hundreds of restaurants to choose from. You might opt for another condo complex, but none offer you great amenities like Fisherman's Village. If the condo complex says it's 'in town' beware, that means you'll be next to loud discos and clubs pumping out techno music until 2-3 am. Our resort is very quiet as of about 10 pm each night, just in case sleep and rest and relaxation is important to you. If crazy party-action all night is your scene, then staying at a condo or resort 'in town' is the way to go for you!
I am a semi-retired travel agent specializing in Playa del Carmen and the Yucatan for more than 10 years....I will give you some great feedback even if my property isn't quite right for you.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
(303) 257-5550 (Colorado, USA)
Member since: 2010
- 2 story
- On floor 3
- 1000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Car Available
- Private Chef
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- What is unique about our master suite is that the same fabulous million-dollar views you see from the balcony, living and dining room are the same amazing pool and ocean views you have from the master suite. This is a 2-level design condo, so the entire upper level IS the master suite. Why is this unique? Most 1 BR units have the bedroom on the backside of the building with no views....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Sunset Fisherman's Village Resort is unique in that it is small with just 50 units total but with many 'full service' amenities. This is very unique because there are many condos or apartments that have a pool and a kitchen but no staff or services at all. Fisherman's has Front Desk, Bellmen, Concierge, Massage and other spa services, Maids, Maintenance, Waitresses and Bartenders. You can prepare your own meals in the beautiful kitchen in the penthouse, order a drink at the swim up bar, order a burger at the snack bar, have the optional meal plan one day and not the next or walk to 5th Ave each night and try one of the hundreds of restaurants in town. You can really customize your trip to fit your needs...and that is unique to Fisherman's Village! Call me for more details...moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Beach View:
- Ocean View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 27 - Dec 14, 2016
5 night min stay
Dec 15 - Dec 25, 2016
7 night min stay
New Year's Holiday
Dec 26 - Jan 4, 2017
7 night min stay
Jan 5 - Feb 4, 2017
5 night min stay
Feb 5 - Apr 22, 2017
5 night min stay
Late Spring 2017
Apr 23 - May 31, 2017
4 night min stay
Jun 1 - Aug 19, 2017
4 night min stay
Low Season 2017
Aug 20 - Nov 11, 2017
3 night min stay
Nov 12 - Nov 26, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Pet Fee $100
- Tax Rate 14%
These rates are for 2 guests only. The condo can sleep more guests, but you will be asked to rent the condo as a 2 BR/2.5 BTH unit if you have more than 2 guests. The only exception is a couple with an infant. (less than 18 months old) I prefer Sat to Sat stays as mid-week check-in/outs mean I might have empty nights in between weeks and most owners don't like open nights. :) If you have a pet, you need to make sure it's a quiet pet for other guests also know that dogs are not allowed on the beach in Playacar and not around the restaurant or pool area at our resort. Dogs must be leashed on the roads in the community at all times.
Cleaning fee of $20 per each cleaning for the unit as a 1 BR/1.5 BTH additional, paid in cash in Mexico at the beginning of your stay.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
This area has it all, Ancient Mayan ruins, beautiful beaches, great shopping, wonderful entertainment, fantastic dining and barhopping. Great people watching also
Year Purchased: 1997
About the owner: I'm a beach girl born and raised in Southern Calif. I moved to Colorado and felt land-locked so bought this gorgeous beachfront penthouse so I could always get my beach 'fix' when I needed it. I owned and ran a travel agency called Ocean Summit Travel for over a decade until a back injury forced me to sell my company last year. I specialized in Playa del Carmen, so I know all of the other complexes in Playa and things to do in the area. I don't mind giving advice, so feel free to write or call me.
Why the Owner Chose Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico:
I wanted to be able to get to my vacation home in a few hours of flight time from Denver. I'm not into the towering hotel scene like Miami Beach or Cancun. Playa del Carmen was the perfect blend of beautiful beaches, great shopping and restaurants and centrally located to see ruins, hop over to Cozumel on the ferry and great R & R above all. They limit the height of all the buildings to 3-4 stories so there are no high rises.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
This is the ONLY Beachfront 1 BR penthouse in Playa Del Carmen after doing an extensive search online. (feel free to search for yourself) It's actually a 2 BR penthouse, but we can lock down the smaller 2nd bedroom so couples can enjoy the full oceanview from the master suite and the rest of the condo. Most other 1 Bedroom units have no ocean view from the bedroom. You can read reviews of this unit as a 2 BR on VRBO listing 306688
- Primary: (303) 257-5550 (Colorado, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Would you like for this to be your view every day while on vacation?
Remodeled kitchen with stainless appliances, new cabinetry and granite
Million-dollar views of the pool and ocean from unit 351 penthouse
High Quality Sunbrella outdoor furniture on your private balcony
Enjoy a beachfront massage right at Sunset Fisherman's Resort
A restaurant and Grill on site, even room service if you so desire
Master suite with a king memory-foam top comfortable bed and ocean VIEWS
This is a 2-level penthouse. The top level is the master suite
Cocktail anyone? There is a cute lobby bar and a swim up bar
Two beautiful tennis courts walking distance away
Your private balcony to enjoy your cocktail, this is the actual view!
This small resort has just 50 units so there is no overcrowding here
Enjoy your workout with great views right on site
Fisherman's have 2-3 times the beach frontage of other resorts & just 50 units
Take it all in.... come enjoy Sunset Fisherman's Village
Cute decor...yes the details DO matter
Bathrooms have marble floors and countertops
The penthouse has marble floors throughout and comfortable/fun decor
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM