Our cozy apartment is one and a half blocks from the beach. There is a small front yard, a completely furnished deck with a barbecue grill, patio table, chairs and umbrella. Inside is tile and hardwood flooring.
We also have beach cruisers, board games and beach toys for the kids
Please keep in mind, the apartment is on the small side. Only 750 square feet. There is a pull-out couch in the living room and it will sleep 6, but it's better suited for 2-4 people
IMPORTANT NOTE: No more than 1 pet per rental please
IMPORTANT NOTE: More units are available on property - more info about those upon request.
Ocean beach is an authentic, ocean-front community with an eclectic, intimate character that is revered by travelers from around the world. It is a perfect destination for families, couples, singles, surfers, boaters, explorers - people with active lifestyles or people who just want to relax on the beach. Everything San Diego has to offer is virtually at your doorstep.
OR, spend the day at home. Read the morning paper on the deck with a cup of coffee, barbecue steaks at dinner time on the patio, or just lounge with a cold beer by the firepit after an invigorating day at the beach.
Amenities include indoor and outdoor furniture, fully-equipped kitchen, tv/dvd, stereo, wifi internet, bath towels, beach towels, hair dryer, linens, pillows, blankets - all the comforts of home.
We are a small, family-owned operation. Like you, we love to travel and we know what it means to provide quality customer service. For the duration of your stay, we will be available all hours for all your needs.
NOTE: We only have two off street parking spaces to share between several units. For this reason, we lowered the general price of the rental but charge $10.60 per day for a dedicated, off street parking space. Must be arranged in advance.
Attractions within walking distance
1) Pacific Ocean – forget the car! Just walk to the beach in 5 minutes.
2) SAN DIEGO RIVER TRAIL - Beginning at the Ocean, and only a block or so from the bungalow, The San Diego River trail is excellent for wildlife viewing; bird watchers from all over the county come to snap pictures, and get good sightings and light for an array of wildlife. Fish are always jumping, eagles and hawks are often flying with live catches in their talons or beaks, and the tides make sure the visit is never the same twice.
3) Robb Field – is a huge park and recreation complex with multiple tennis, basketball and handball court. It also has a fitness gym, lighted softball and multi-purpose fields, playground area for kids, and acres of wide open grass with picnic tables and shade trees.
5) Robb Skateboard Park – is a recently-built, 40 thousand square foot, state-of-the-art skate park.
6) Main Street Ocean Beach (Newport Avenue) – stroll along antique row or shop in any of the dozens of mom-n-pop retail stores. Roam the farmers market and street fair every Wednesday afternoon. Afterward have lunch, or an adult beverage, at one of the many restaurants, nightclubs and neighborhood bars.
7) Ocean Beach Pier – is the second longest pier in California. It’s an amazing, panoramic location from which to drop a fishing line (no license needed), take a romantic stroll, or grab a burger and a beer at the OB Pier Café.
8) The Tide Pools of Sunset Cliffs – stroll along the stunning, striated sunset cliffs of the pacific ocean. This is one of the most beautiful locations in the world, named after its amazing sunsets. Take a leisurely stroll down to sea level and explore the magic and the mystery of the tide pools at low tide.
9) Bird Watching at the Famosa Slough – birdwatchers come from around the world to see the many different, exotic birds that inhabit this 37-acre wetland, including, osprey, snowy egrets, pelicans, ducks, sandpipers in the estuary black-necked stilts, avocets, kingfisher, forster's tern, and great egret. Walk or bike on the path that circumnavigates the slough.
Attractions within driving distance
10 minutes – is all the driving time you need to visit Sea World, Seaport Village, historic Old Town, downtown San Diego and the historic Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Convention Center, Little Italy, maritime museums, Petco Park (SD Padres stadium), and San Diego’s main airport, Lindbergh field.
20 minutes – to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park and museums, Torrey Pines golf course, five outdoor shopping malls, Qualcomm Stadium (San Diego Chargers), Coronado Island and the Historic Hotel Del Coronado, Cabrillo National monument and lighthouse.
30 minutes - to Tijuana and the Mexico border, Del Mar Racetrack and Fairgrounds, several gaming casinos, Legoland, etc.
As you can see, there is so much to see and do within a close distance of our vacation units you probably won't be able to do it all in once visit. Which is why we want you to come back.
Ocean beach getaways