Private Luxury Log Cabin at the Gateway to the Grand Canyon Secluded 11 Acres!!(7 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
5 Bdrm, 4 Bath, 5000 Sq. Ft Log Cabin On 11 Secluded Acres With Amazing Views!!
PLEASE BE AWARE: A four wheel drive vehicle is required from October 1 to March 1 unless otherwise specified. The roads are great and plowed but there is a steep hill that requires a four wheel drive due to winter weather conditions.
**CALL FOR AVAILABILITY AND CUSTOM HOA RENTAL RESTRICTIONS**.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 5000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 14
- Master bedroom with gorgeous views of Ponderosa's and mountain tops and the snow covered peaks in Flagstaff (in the winter). Beautiful breezes off the private deck on this master suite and blackout drapes are a wonderful haven winter or summer. The entire first floor of the cabin is 2500 square feet of living space for a 'master suite living space' including it's own washer /dryer in a huge walk-in closet and massive travertine shower. There is a 40' flat screen in master with views of the 60' tall ponderosas and, sounds of the bugling elk just outside the door! The over sized 2nd master suite is downstairs and still on ground level (thanks to the walkout basement level) with a huge walk in closet and, of course, travertine and granite in it's own bathroom.. .. The 'Black and White' room is the 3rd bedroom with a huge walk-in closet and awesome views. This bedroom shares a full bathroom with the 'Red' room . ...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Master suite has a custom 7' X 5' walk-in double shower with adjustable shower heads and gorgeous tile in-lay... One of a kind 'palomino' slab granite countertops with imported square under mount sinks. Bathroom is adjacent to a huge walk-in closet with it's own washer and dryer.. no need to put laundry away... you are already there!...moreless
- DVD Player:
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 15 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
Huge kitchen with 'zone specific' stereo speakers in the gourmet kitchen that allows the chef to cook meals and listen to music while the family watches TV/listens to music in a separate zone....moreless
- Pantry Items:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 24 - Nov 27, 2017
3 night min stay
Dec 22 - Jan 2, 2018
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
- Cleaning $200
- Tax Rate 6.737%
Fully Refundable Security Deposit of $1,000.00 for up to 7 days occupancy, 8 days and more of occupancy requires a Fully Refundable Security Deposit of $2,000.00. Please see our contract for specific terms to protect our beautiful log home.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Hideout is just 4 miles south of Williams, so it's easy to get to Starbucks in the am, but yet secluded in a gated subdivision on the top of 11 private acres with views of the San Francisco Peaks and the Sitgreave mountains. You cannot even see the neighbors in this quiet location with 60' Ponderosas that cover the property! Wiliiams is the last town on the old Route 66 and has a well preserved 'cowboy feel' with a shootout on Main street every evening. There are great restaurants and Ice skating and a Christmas tree lighting ceremony and of course, The Polar Express(in the winter). Kids of all ages get to wear their PJ's in town for dinner or hot chocolate before they board the railway to go see Santa!! In the spring/summer check out the zip line or local Farmer's Market . The Hideout is only 40 minutes from the Grand Canyon! It is a great base camp to hit the trails at the Grand Canyon or the many many miles of Forest Preserve that back up to the property.
This is an Outdoorsman's dream come true with fishing just down the road at Dogtown Lake, White Horse, Kaibab or at the Sante Fe Reservoir, but still backs up to the forest, which is the ultimate hunting location ...'Unit 8'!!!
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: My name is Karen and this is my husband Pete. Otherwise known as KB and PB :) We met in '05 and married the next year (the first time for both of us and the only reason we waited was because Pete's dad got 'drawn for moose'.. and I thought what??) We had a beautiful wedding in January, which is apparently, not during hunting season :) The next spring I wanted to get out of the heat and build my dream cabin and since we live in Carefree/Cave Creek, we knew that driving to Pine or the White Mountains was out of the question due to the 4 hour commute. We landed in Williams which is only 2 hours and 15 minutes door to door and with 7300' elevation, the 30 degree temperature difference was amazing! Pete is an outdoorsman from Montana and I grew up here is Scottsdale although we both were born in Michigan. Pete's family has been building custom log homes for 45 years in Montana and we were so proud to have them build this amazing masterpiece!!
Why the Owner Chose Williams, AZ, USA:
The Hideout was exactly what I wanted. It was a cozy place for Pete and myself but also had space/separate living space for both families to accommodate. It is a great place for PB to go hunting and is a quick trip for me to get away from work early on a friday afternoon and escape the 110 degree temps when I leave Scottsdale and land a couple hours later with a 30+ degree temp difference!!!
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Pete and I own a true custom log home. This is apparently very unique here in the desert. Although most folks say they have a 'cabin', I have learned that 'log siding' or pine trees in the yard or anything above 3000 ft elev. do not actually make a cabin. I have been corrected by the utmost authority ... apparently! :)
- Secondary: +1 4803266521 Pete Baldwin's cell
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.