|Minimum Stay||2 - 30 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
AVAILABLE FOR WINTER SKI LEASE JANUARY 2017 THROUGH APRIL. MONTHLY RENT $2000 INCLUDES TV, INTERNET, WATER/SEWER AND REGULAR TRASH; DOES NOT INCLUDE GAS, ELECTRIC, FIREWOOD OR SNOW REMOVAL. CALL 855-90-TAHOE FOR SHOWINGS!
Cozy, well-maintained, neat home with a 600 sq. ft. wrap-around deck in a woodsy setting. Great location and a unique Tahoe experience! Oversized fully equipped kitchen with sun tube skylights, Pergo flooring and dining table for 8 or more. Upgraded from charcoal to propane grill, summer 2014!
Marble brown low shag carpeting throughout living area with wall of windows that bring the outside in, peek of the lake, couch, 3 recliners, window seat and wood-stove. There is a TV/DVD/VHS, full stereo system, WI FI internet, and 2nd TV in master bedroom.
This home was built in 1978 and is all on one level, approximately 1500 sq. ft. The master bedroom has a queen bed, a recliner for some quiet reading or watching TV and a remodeled private bath (May 2013) with shower and double sinks. The middle bedroom has a queen bed with bunk beds and rocker chair, the third bedroom has a queen and twin bed. Laundry and remodeled full bath with double sinks (May 2013) in the hall as well.
Roomy driveway can easily accommodate 4 cars, but 4 wheel / all wheel drive vehicles are recommended during snowy conditions. Just 2 blocks from a Tahoe National Forest trail head with miles of trails for hiking, cross-country skiing, snow shoeing and single track mountain biking for all skill levels with approximately 40 miles of single track accessible just blocks away (leave your car at the house!). Close to a small public beach with access at Lardin and North Lake Blvd; just back down the hill a few blocks, and walk able from the house. Only 20 minutes from Northstar, Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, and close to Diamond Peak, Mt. Rose, and Homewood ski areas!
Wireless internet also available (but not guaranteed!)<p></p>
When I booked this reservation through the property manager they were pleasant and helpful. We arrived late as planned and picked up our key. We had difficulty entering the home as the lock was very stiff and the latch was coming off the door. Then we found the unclean and unsanitary conditions, even though the property was supposed to have been cleaned a few hours earlier. The list as follows:
1. Pillows stink like aftershave and liniment.
2. Big blood stain on one pillow.
3. Both sinks in master bath drain slowly.
4. Stopper arm on sink not attached, lying underneath cabinet.
5. Cobwebs hanging in every door corner and of lights and skylights in hallway.
6. Dining table in kitchen dirty, not wiped off.
7. Kitchen counters greasy, not cleaned.
8. Silverware, silverware tray, dishes, pots and pans ALL put away dirty - had to run them all through the dishwasher before we could make breakfast.
9. Carpet so dirty we were afraid to walking on it with bare feet. So dirty it turned my grey socks brown.
10. Barbecue grill all covered with grease, even the handle and the propane tank.
11. Dirt and hair on bottom front of walk in shower door.
12. Dirt and hair on backsplash of master bath countertop - countertop also dirty.
13. Arm covers on living room recliners dirty, chairs smell bad - had to put a beach towel over one to sit down.
14. TV remote covered with gunk - had to sanitize it.
15. Wall in master bath had unknown gunk on it.
16. Walls in kitchen had unknown gunk stuck to them.
17. NO GFCI OUTLETS IN KITCHEN OR EITHER BATHROOM.
When we dropped the key off at the property manager at checkout they said they would refund our cleaning fee and they did. I thanked the agent for being so nice to us and she thanked me for being so nice about the dirty rental home.
When we got home we got 2 rude emails saying that we violated our contract by not calling immediately about the cleaning issues, but that they were refunding our cleaning fee.????!!
They said they hoped our visit was not ruined by a "couple of cleaning issues". ?????!!!!!!!!!
The bottom line is this place has been a mess for months and some of the furniture is not the same as the listing pictures and they have known about it. They told me the property manager's husband is an electrician and is going to install the GFCI plugs in the kitchen and baths. HOPEFULLY SOME KID DOES NOT DROP A CURLING IRON IN THE SINK AND GET KILLED IN THE MEANTIME!.
Do not book!
Great location, close to beautiful beaches, restaurants, casinos, and skiing in the winter!