About the property
- Condo600 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 7
This condo that sleeps up to 7 features:
A master bedroom with a king bed and an attached bathroom;
A second bedroom with 2 twin beds and neighboring bathroom;
A bunk bed with 2 twin beds.
one three fold foam bed.
Retractable walls that create a flexible indoor-outdoor living space;
Spectacular Ocean view;
Pool grounds complete with lounge chairs, umbrellas, and a large cabana area with refrigerators, bar space, tables and chairs;
Private access to the beach;
Gated community with 24-hour security and on-site management;
AC, dishwasher, WiFi, TV with main US and Canadian broadcasters such as NBC, CBS, ABC, washer/dryer, dishes and cooking utensils, linens and many other comforts.
Please don't hesitate to contact us with questions.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 13, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 12:00 PM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Convenient location and good value (but not a luxury accommodation)
This condo is very conveniently located across the street from the main road in Punta Mita so it is well situated for dining and shopping. There is "private access" to a beach but you probably won't want to use it since it's endpoint is a particularly rocky part of the beach. The pool area is lovely and was not very crowded while we were there. The condo is well stocked.
The condo and balcony have a nice view of the ocean. Here is some additional information I wish I had known before I booked. I share this in case you are also a very picky traveler -- not everyone is!
1. The owner was very difficult to reach. While I had thorough and timely correspondence with the owner via email at the time of booking, I did not have the same experience starting 10 days before arrival. I sent emails and tried her phone number to get additional information but did not hear back from her. I finally called VRBO at 5PM the night before we were scheduled to arrive because I still didn't have check-in instructions. They were able to reach her and we got our info.
2. We spent 30 minutes trying to check in. The security desk did not have our names for the unit and so we were delayed trying to get ahold of someone who could validate our arrival. The owner had sent an alternate phone number, but it had an extra digit so I was not able to reach her.
3. Beware of the beds. The beds are incredibly firm, the bedding is scratchy and there are no extra pillows to be found. Also, the kid-sized bunk beds are in closet/laundry room with A/C unit that vents outside, but comes unsealed from the window, which makes it loud and ineffective.
4. Maintenance during our stay. The owner had her couch recovered while we were staying there, and the crew took one of the cushions, leaving us without the corner piece in the couch for the remainder of our trip.
5. Air conditioning works but is very loud in the bedrooms. The wall units are great at cooling the condo but the unit in the twin-bed bedroom was incredibly loud and we couldn't seem to quiet it.
6. There are very vocal roosters outside. Yes, it's Mexico but just so you have been warned, there is a rough patch across the street and you will hear their animals starting at 2AM
7. There is no "owners manual" in the unit. No recommendations for local activities, no guidance on check-out. If you are a frequent VRBO user, you may be accustomed to this kind of information.
Hope this helps you better plan your vacation.
Great views and an awesome location.
Beautiful unit in a great location. The unit needs some minor TLC to make it five stars. Condo has an awesome location and is very secure. Walking distance to everything.
Nice Condominium , Nice view, Nice People.
Great property for 4 peoples and 2 Children's, nice small town, perfect for any vacations in Mexico. I'll sure will recommend this property to my people. More Plus than I was expected.
A great location with ocean view
We really enjoyed our stay. We were however surprised that the apartment was not looking over the pool (as pictured), which turned out to be actually nice (that it didn't) because the apartment had complete privacy and was quiet by just facing the ocean and a great surf spot.
Loved the comfort of the beds, couches, nice tables...and the VIEW! The pool is wonderful, warm, very clean and visited by only few people. The access to the beach is very easy and convenient.
Our life saver was Omar the guard at the front gate who gave us so many advices and answered our many questions. I would thus recommend for the owners of the condo to put together a binder + an email with a few basic informations so the new comers are not constantly harassing the guard on duty or Elia (who is very kind too). Some basic questions that should be covered are:
* Recommended transportation from the airport to Faro de Mita
* Directions to Faro de Mita
* Recommended transportation from Faro de Mita to Airport (we took the bus, we had small bags, which costs us $2 instead of $100 by taxi).
* Bus route to go to Sayulita
* Best restaurants in town (Rosa and Si Senor on the beach - expensive but exceptional, Tacos y Papas and Norma on the back street, cheap yet delicious traditional Mexican food)
* Where to go surfing and rent boards
* Where to get groceries
* There are no hair driers in the apartment
* There are hand soaps but no body soap nor shampoos provided
* Plenty of thick pool/beach towels are provided, as well as bathroom towels
Overall we really enjoyed our stay and loved our decision to stay in Punta de Mita instead of (busy, very touristic, beach crowded) Sayulita.
Lovely condo and perfect for our stay
The photos and description of the property matched our experience perfectly. We were very comfortable and the location was great. We spent a good deal of time at the pool, but were also walking distance from the beach, restaurants and stores. The owner was very responsive to my inquiries, and the onsite staff were very helpful and polite.
Fantastic family getaway
Unbeatable views, fantastic layout, fully stocked and well priced...this is the place! We stayed here with a baby and found everything to be very convenient for our family. Loved our time in Punta Mita...will definitely be back.