Vashon Island Loft & Beach
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-3 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
680 sq. ft., 2-story separate structure on waterfront property, with sweeping Puget Sound and Mt. Rainier views. Beach access (down stairs/trail). The Loft has a queen bed plus a narrower (25' wide) daybed for child or small adult upstairs. Kitchenette, wood stove with wood provided. Barbecue, beach fire pit. Cozy, rural, quiet and comfortable!
The bathroom, eating space, kitchenette and wood stove are on the main floor and the sleeping area is upstairs in the loft. There is space to sleep at the beach in a tent in the summer. You can bring your own blow up mattress to put on the main floor if more sleeping space is desired ($25/person, including children, additional per night after two people). There are stairs to the south facing, Mt. Rainier view beach. Orcas sometimes visit, seals and otter pass by, and there are eagles perched in the trees most the time. The property is fairly remote, quiet and private, and the beach is lovely for walking.
The kitchenette consists of toaster oven, microwave, hot plate, crock pot and small refrigerator. Melita Creek Restaurant at the Vashon Island Golf & Country Club is 6 minutes away. Thai, Chinese, Mexican, French & American restaurants in the town of Vashon, 15 minutes away. Minglement (at the corner of Cemetery Rd. and Vashon Hwy), the Burton Coffee Stand (written up in the NY Times!), and Cafe Luna (1/2 block west of the 4 way stop in town) have espresso, muffins, etc. The Vashon Tea Shop is a delight for tea drinkers and it is located on the east side of Vashon Highway near the Heron's Nest (a venue for local artists).
Firewood provided for the wood stove and there is electric heat as well.
Laundry service available at $10/load. There is currently no laundromat on the island.
There is a barbecue outside and a fire pit at the beach, should the weather permit.
We will be here to greet you or have the door code available for you if we aren't. We have a friendly dog and free range chickens and ducks peck around in the garden and our fluffy, lazy cat lies about the yard surveying his territory.
Rural, peaceful with a spectacular view of Mt.Rainier. Other than our house, there are no visible neighboring houses. We have horses that pasture next door, Point Robinson lighthouse park and a marine park for beautiful hikes and picnics. The hammock is up in the summer and there is a fire pit at the beach.
Vashon is a great place to explore on your bike. The nearest bus is about 3 miles away. The 119 Metro Bus (to Dockton) serves that stop. If you need a ride to/from the bus, let us know in advance and we will likely be able to pick you up there, or bring your bike on the bus and ride another 3 miles or so to the Loft.
THINGS TO DO:
Visit the Vashon Chamber of Commerce website for a listing of things to do on the island. There are art , garden, solar, farm tours, Strawberry Festival, wineries, a distillery, bike trails, equestrian events, fishing, hiking trails, beach combing, picturesque Point Robinson Lighthouse tours, Island Center Forest or Dockton Park Trails for mountain biking, horseback riding, hiking or jogging. Kyaks can be rented at Burton Beach, and the water there and at Dockton Park gets warm and is very swimmable in the summer. Horses can be boarded nearby, riding lessons or trail rides can be arranged and riding on the beach is wonderful. If you have your own kyaks that are light weight and easily carried, they can be launched at the beach, although it is quite a distance down to the beach.
Art Lessons (painting, photography, drawing, ceramics), trail rides, massage, facials and day spa services can be arranged - fees vary. There is on site tutoring available for children and science, art and other activities can be arranged for with advance notice.
*Bring a pair of cozy slippers so you can leave your shoes just inside the door.
*There is a small duck pond in the yard and a very large one next door. CHILDREN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY PARENTS AT ALL TIMES when they are outside, especially those that don't yet swim.
*Smoking outside only.
*Septic system is fragile and VERY difficult to repair, so please don't flush anything that isn't designed to go in the septic tank. No plastic, paper, hair, tampons, pads, diapers, etc. PLEASE. (Damage deposit will be charged in the event a repair is required as a result of something in it that shouldn't be.)
*Pets with $20/day additional charge. The upstairs floors are unfinished plank so they are not good with pet accidents... Dogs can be free at the beach, but need to be leashed for the sake of the ducks, cat, etc. in the yard. Dogs may not be left unattended in the Loft unless crated.
*There is a barbeque available for outdoor cooking if the weather is good, and picnic tables and a fire pit at the beach. Please check with us before having a fire at the beach.
* Our house is 40 feet away, so someone is around most of the time. We are happy to do whatever we can to make your stay comfortable and memorable.
* Check to see if there is a burn ban prior to lighting the wood stove or beach fire. If there is no wind for a few days, a burn ban is sometimes in effect. The fine is $1,000 for violating Puget Sound's Air Quality authority! Yikes!
* By booking your stay with us, you assume all liability, risk and responsibility for any accidents or injuries to yourself or others in your party, regardless of cause, that may occur while you are on our property. You are a guest on the property completely at your own risk and agree to hold property owners harmless for all injuries and accidents that may occur at any time you are on the property. Unmarked hazards, including but not limited to slippery or uneven footing, rugged terrain, primitive stairs, unfenced ponds, water, a tall bulkhead, swings, trampoline, unpredictable animals (horses, dogs, chickens, ducks, etc.), exist. You, upon entering our property, must accept all liability, risk and responsibility for any accidents or injuries that occur to you or others in your party during the entirety of your stay. You agree to hold property owners harmless in the event of an/all injuries or accidents, regardless of cause or 'fault' during your stay.
Member since: 2014
- 860 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Considered:
- Smoking Allowed:
- Wheelchair Inaccessible:
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- There is a queen bed, a full size (but a little shorter than a normal bed!) hide-a-bed on the main floor, a 16' wide 'daybed' that sleeps a small adult or child, and an old fashioned metal youth bed that sleeps a small child, up to 2 yr. or so. The loft works well for up to 3 adults or 2 children and two adults. Tents can be pitched at the beach or in the yard in the summer, and it is possible to bring your own blow up mattress to put in the downstairs main area to accommodate two more sleepers, but it would need to be moved out of the way when the room is used for other purposes as it takes up most of the floor space....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Sink, toilet, shower.
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
In town is a 15 minute drive away, are Farm to Table, Vegetarian/Organic,Sushi, Burger, Thai, Pizza and other restaurants. The closest, Melita Creek Rest., is at the Vashon Golf & Country Club, 5 min...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 3 people
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
9/21 - 11/22
Sep 21 - Nov 21, 2016
1 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $20 per night, per additional guest
Dec 23 - Dec 27, 2016
3 night min stay
Dec 29 - Dec 30, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $50 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Pet Fee $40 + tax
- Tax Rate 9.6%
Rates are subject to change until a reservation is confirmed. Our refund policy is: 90% refund if cancelled 90 or more days prior to check in; 50% refund if cancelled between 31 & 89 days prior to check in, and no refund if cancelled less than 30 days prior to check in.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Vashon Chamber of Commerce website and the Blue Heron Center for the Arts list music and arts events on the island, as well as various attractions, activities, and parks.
Year Purchased: 1990
About the owner: Ceramics Artist, Human Resources Professional, Teacher, Francophile, Traveller, Equestrian...
Why the Owner Chose Vashon Island, WA, USA:
Location, location, location for rural peace and quiet, chickens, ducks, horses, VIEW, BEACH...
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
A great beach for walking. Mountain biking trails nearby and kyak rentals available at Burton Beach Park. If you have a horse to bring along, we will escort you on rides through island center forest and will find a place for it to stay on the island while you are here.
- Primary: 2064984359 206.498.4359
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Southern exposure of the loft, toward the water.
Private entry. A separate structure from the house.
Kitchen: small fridge, microwv, hot plate, small toaster oven, all utensils
Hide-a-bed and seating area on main floor.
The stairs up to the loft second floor
Mt. Rainier from the beach.
Beach fire at sunset.
Pic-nic area at the beach.
Fire pit at the beach.
The view from the main floor: firepit, hammock, beach stairs beyond.
Hammock on the bluff.
On the beach looking west.
Stairs to the beach!
The property from the water.
Sink and table at the beach. (Trash cans are storage bins, not for trash!)
Looking out the north loft window.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 27, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM