***If your stay will include any size gathering (people invited who aren't overnight guests), please use the option to "Ask Owner a Question". We need time to inform you of prices and policies that apply to these events, and that can't be handled in the limited time allowed if you "Request to Book" instead. Any typical rental that doesn't involve gatherings, large groups, or events can still use Request to Book if you'd like. Thank you for your cooperation with this request.***
Welcome to Sabor Mexicano! Enjoy a serene experience (or an exciting adventure) at this 130-acre Farm, Retreat and Event Center in Sonoma County. Nestled in a fertile valley near the Russian River, this historic Colonel Armstrong Home, was built in 1890 and has been completely renovated and recently opened to the public for the first time.
Lodging and full amenities for up to 12 adults and 3 children. If you would like to bring additional guests please contact us, as we can offer other options.
Located on Fife Creek, the farm is adjacent to the majestic Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve and close to many classic Californian attractions. Come up and enjoy the weekend – or even a week! We welcome your booking request for any time of year.
PERFECT FOR A VARIETY OF SPECIAL EVENTS: The property is a unique and idyllic retreat spot with gorgeous views and peaceful surroundings, making it the ultimate setting for garden parties, receptions, anniversaries, birthdays, reunions, and business, yoga and meditation retreats, or simply as your next incredible escape destination.
* 1 ½ hours from San Francisco
* 5 minute walk to Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve where you can
marvel at the majestic Redwoods
* 5 minute drive to the Russian River resort town of Guerneville
* 20 minute drive to Jenner by the Sea where the river meets the ocean
* 130 acres nestled in a fertile valley along Fife Creek
* Beautiful organic farm with: tomatoes, chili peppers, cucumbers, cilantro, purslane, spinach, corn, broccoli, watermelon, garlic, onion, cabbage and apples
* Supplies Cancun Restaurant in Berkeley and Tlaloc in San Francisco, and used to create Sabor Mexicano Homemade Chips and Salsa, found in many local stores
The Property features:
* Outstanding view of the surrounding hilltops
* Expansive lawn ideal for a wedding, garden party, or other special event
* Hiking trails winding through a forest of Redwood, Madrone and Douglas Fir
ACCOMMODATIONS: Enjoy plenty of space and modern amenities in this unique and historic setting. Decorated with an eclectic mix of Mexican art and local antiques, as well as with beds made of reclaimed wood from Colonel Armstrong's original home! Accommodations Include:
* 5 bedrooms, each sleeping 2 people
* Sleeping loft for children, off the master bedroom
* Lovely living room with murphy and trundle beds
* Spacious great room with fireplace, sofas & large wooden farm table, perfect for meetings and sharing large meals
* 6 1/2 bathrooms
* State-of-the-art kitchen with commercial stove & wine closet
* Brick back patio & 3-tiered front patio for lounging, eating, yoga and meetings
* 2 fireplaces, outdoor fire pit, large built-in grill and pizza oven
* High-speed Internet available throughout the house
TO DO ON THE PROPERTY:
* Have a picnic, potluck or special celebration, massage, yoga or meditation class
* Pick produce from the garden for your next farm-to-table meal
* Cook in the newly remodeled kitchen
* Lounge with a good book and glass of wine
* Enjoy the late afternoon sun from the porch overlooking the lush gardens
* Sit around the campfire and share stories about the day's exciting adventures!
RECREATION ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA: Sabor Mexicano is the perfect place to have an unforgettable adventure! Besides being a picturesque retreat, the farm is close to a plethora of exciting activities, including:
* award-winning restaurants, sustainable wineries, creameries, bakeries, breweries & farmers' markets
* antique shops, art galleries, movies, dancing, live music & theater
* canoeing, kayaking, rafting, tubing, paddle boating & boarding
* ocean boating, fishing, surfing, kiteboarding & scuba diving
* rock climbing, ziplines, sky bridges, ballooning & skydiving
* hiking, biking, mountain biking, ice skating & horseback riding
* swimming, basketball, tennis, golf, horseshoes, shuffleboard & miniature golf
* zen meditation center, yoga, massage, fitness centers & spas
* green tours, parks, gardens, scenic drives & historic Fort Ross
* whale watching, beachcombing, birdwatching, wildflower viewing, photography and more!
* Green Traveler Guides:
TESTIMONIALS: "Sabor Mexicano Farms is a magical and special hide-away. This enchanting place invites you to explore the beauty of nature while providing a warm, cozy and safe place to rest your head. Relax, unwind and embrace the power of living the good life!" Lynne Williams, Events Coordinator at Impact Hub Oakland. More testimonials are below, in the “Unique Benefits” section, and also please check out our stellar VRBO reviews!
AVAILABLE TOURS: To help you discover the rich surrounding area please consider booking a tour through Bay Area Green Tours. Their entertaining and educational offerings include:
* Organic Farms
* Artisan Cheese
* Wine & Cheese
* River, Ocean & Redwoods
* Nature Walk with a Renowned Local Naturalist
* Field to Forest
* Fibershed: Local Artisan Fibers & Dyes
* and more -- please inquire for details!
NON-PROFIT SUPPORT: A portion of your rental proceeds helps support Bay Area Green Tours (www.bayareagreentours.org) whose mission is to provide educational tours and events that demonstrate the sustainable economy in action, inspire support of local green businesses, and empower people to incorporate environmental responsibility and social justice into their personal and professional lives.