Charming, Bright and Spacious Historic Home in Downtown Dunedin(6 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Bungalow
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
3+ Bedroom, 3 Bath Superb Location- Well-equipped Bungalow With Screened Porch
Some detailed house rules to ensure that we can offer an amazing experience for all our guests.
1. NO SMOKING. Smoking is not permitted inside or on the porches. If you smoke outside, please dispose of your butts in the outside trash.
2. PETS. No pets, please.
3. Please be kind to the floors: Please remove hard-heeled, stiletto or grit-covered shoes when in the house to protect the hundred year old heart pine floors.
4. CONSERVE ELECTRICITY. We want to be as low-impact as possible, please conserve energy by not cooling the house below 70 degrees or heating above 74 while you are staying.
5. HOUSEKEEPING. Fresh linens and bath towels are included in the home. We have beach towels, and some grubbier towels if you want to wash your shoes or wipe down the bikes, etc.
6. RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change without notice.
7. LIABILITY. House is privately owned. Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur while on premises. Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guests.
8. NO PARTIES. Self explanatory – no parties, please ☺.
9. SAFETY EQUIPMENT. For your safety, please do not tamper with the CO2 and smoke detectors.
10. CANDLES. No candles or anything that needs to be lit with a lighter are allowed inside the home.
11. No swinging from the chandeliers since they are very old :). Also, the fireplace is also not available for use.
Thank you for respecting our rules.
If problems arise during your stay please notify us immediately so that we can address issues ASAP. We are super responsive and want to make sure you have a wonderful stay.
Member since: 2015
- 2200 sq. ft.
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- 3 baths- one with walk-in shower, two with tubs and shower
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
room for one or two cars in driveway, or in empty lot across the street.. No parking on the street in front of the house- this is reserved for residents with parking passes tied to license plates....moreless
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
full pantry for starting out- kitchen garbage and ziplock bags, aluminum foil, plastic wrap, spices, vinegar, olive oil, coffee and filters, paper towels, dish soap, sponges, detergent, laundry soap...moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 1 - Nov 20, 2017
3 night min stay
Nov 21 - Dec 31, 2017
3 night min stay
High Season 2018
Jan 1 - Apr 14, 2018
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Cleaning fee $170 + tax
- Tax Rate 13%
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1923
About the owner: I grew up in Richmond, Virginia but have worked for the last 20+ years in international public health in Africa, Asia and Latin America. I have always enjoyed staying at VRBO properties and am delighted to share our Old Florida home with you!
Why the Owner Chose Dunedin, FL, USA:
My great-grandfather built the house in 1923. My mother grew up there and was married in the church across the street in 1952. More than 60 years later, my parents still live here part time. I used to love driving down from Virginia to visit and smelling the jasmine and orange blossoms when we arrived in quaint Dunedin. Our wonderful property manager lives nearby.
The Unique Benefits at this Bungalow:
It's such a pretty neighborhood and just two blocks to Dunedin's Main Street, with the farmers' market, shops, restaurants, festivals, etc. Downtown Dunedin is such a cute little Old Florida small town tucked away behind the strip malls. This home has most everything you need. The kitchen is fully stocked with dishes and dry goods (spices, salt and pepper, plastic wrap, paper towels etc.) We have fresh new linens including beach towels, vases for the jasmine and hibiscus growing around the house, some lovely china and elegant but comfortable furnishings from family travels all over the world. There are two adult-sized bikes and helmets, a bike pump, beach chairs and a cooler.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front view of the home with screened porch, second-floor porch, & sun porch.
Living room with original light fixtures and cypress woodwork, lots of seating.
A beautiful blend of antique and modern furnishings makes for a relaxing space.
Kitchen overlooking nook area. Crisp white pairs perfectly with green contrast.
Master ensuite bathroom upstairs - has a walk-in shower and toilet to the left.
Asia bedroom opening into office with bed, desk and printer.
Nan's room: (king size bed, one full, one twin) opens to upstairs sun porch
Upstairs hall bathroom.
Side view- it looks like a cute bungalow from the street but is quite spacious.
view out to front sunporch and street
Front screened porch leads into dining room- great for afternoon tea.
Welcome to Dickinson House!
Front porch around 4 in the afternoon.
Original silver-plated light fixtures have been restored to their former shine.
East-facing kitchen with lots of light and space, well equipped for lovely meals
Upstairs master bedroom opens to bath, a sleeping porch before the advent of A/C
Downstairs Asia bedroom with queen bed opens to office with a twin bed.
Downstairs bath next to Asia bedroom with newer tub and shower, original sink.
Full and twin beds in Nan's room, door to upstairs sun porch
Dining room between kitchen and screened porch. Plenty of linens and dishes.
Light kitchen with crisp white subway tiles contrasting perfectly with the green
Original doorknobs add to the historic charm.
Original sink in the back screened in porch (where the washer & dryer are).
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Friday, April 21, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.