The home is part of a duplex located on Dale Street in the delightful historic neighborhood of South Park. It is an ideal location for a getaway due to the walkability, charm, and overall chic vibe of the South Park community. It is a one bedroom and one bathroom unit with a pull out couch in the living room to sleep four guests total. The front door is equipped with a hassle-free keyless deadbolt lock to prevent you from ever being locked out! Full-size in-unit washer and dryer.
There is a beautiful paved entry way that leads to your front step, as well as a cozy outdoor living area. The outdoor space is furnished with two chairs with pullout foot stools, a round table, and a patio umbrella facing the peaceful ambiance of a small water fountain. Looking out from your front step is a small, well-kept lawn.
The vacation home has new, quality furniture with a contemporary art-deco feel. Beautiful, original hardwood flooring complements the contemporary home for easy cleaning. Included in the living area are: a white leather pull out couch and ottoman, accent chairs and rug, end tables, convenient floor lamps, a chic entertainment center, a small work desk and chair, and a 32 inch Vizio high definition Smart-TV (HDTV). Basic cable package and high speed internet provided.
The dinette comes complete with a beautiful glass-topped table and matching chairs to seat four. Keep cool in the summertime with two eco-friendly ceiling fans and a powerful A/C system.
The kitchen area has tiled flooring and comes fully equipped with a microwave, toaster oven, gas stove and oven, full-sized fridge, Mr. Coffee coffee maker with Thermos, dishwasher, tea kettle, and Calphalon cookware, and cooking utensils. There are enough dishes and silverware for a six-person dinner party.
The bedroom has hardwood flooring, a queen-sized bed and frame with matching nightstands, a brand new 6-drawer dresser, a full-length door mirror, a ceiling fan, spacious closets, and adjustable blinds for light and airy mornings.
The bathroom is fully furnished with a new shower curtain, floor mats, bathroom organizer, new linens, and is stocked with standard toiletries.
The hallway provides even more storage space for your extra toiletries, linens, or cleaning supplies.
In the Neighborhood:
• 4 minute walk (0.2 miles) to South Park Fitness
• 4 minute walk (0.2 miles) to Grape Street Dog Park
• 5 minute walk (0.4 miles) to Ginseng Yoga
• 3 minute drive (0.9 miles) to Balboa Golf Course (Visit the popular “Tobey’s on the 19th”)
• 5 minute drive (1.5 miles) to Balboa Park
South Park is located just east of Balboa Park, Downtown, and the San Diego Bay, south of North Park and Hillcrest, and just north of the Golden Hill community.
Nearby attractions include:
• 7 minute drive (2.5 miles) to San Diego Zoo
• 10 minute drive (2.8 miles) to the historic Gaslamp Quarter in downtown San Diego
• 10 minute drive (2.8 miles) to the Beautiful and Brand-New San Diego Public Library
• 12 minute drive (3.5 miles) to the San Diego Convention Center
• 13 minute drive (8.8 miles) to Sea World
• 20 minute drive (16 miles) to the US-Mexico Border
More Awesome Local Eateries, Amenities, and Fun Time Destinations (1-mile radius from vacation home)
• Absolute Skin: Where you can lay back and get pampered
• Big Kitchen: Perfect for Breakfast/Brunch
• Buona Forchetta: Classico Fare Italiano, and hip-hot spot
• Captain Kirk’s Coffee: Walk-up Style, to-die-for coffee, smoothies, and tea
• Daily Scoop on Juniper: For delicious ice cream
• Eclipse Chocolate Bistro and Café: Amazing chocolately fare
• Goldline Salon: For a fresh new look
• Grants Marketplace: For organic groceries and flakey pastries
• Rose Wine Bar: Amazing wine and hors d’oeuvres in 100 steps from your door
• Mythology: Eco-boutique with funky-cool tchotchkes
• Sombrero’s Mexican Food: Burritos, tacos, carne asada fries, and more!
• South Bark Dog-Wash: Where you can take the pooch (or poochess) for a blueberry facial!
• South Park Abbey: For delicious American food
• Station Tavern: For burgers and beers. Outdoor seating available. Children and dogs welcomed.
• Stone Brewing Company Store: Where you can purchase merchandise and beer
• The Grove: Candles, waxes, soaps, and other apothecary that make FANTASTIC gifts!
For your convenience, South Park is also located in the Car2go service area. Whether you have a business meeting downtown or a trip to the zoo, Car2go provides an affordable, environmentally-friendly, and easy-access fleet service to get you going.
Another available option to get around is UberX, an alternative taxi service that allows you reserve pick up and drop off times through their mobile application or online.
Near the home is the MTS Bus Route #2 with stops along 30th street. This route takes you from North Park through South Park and to the downtown area.