For weddings, please see the conditions at the bottom of this page.
Set in the heart of the magical Chianti region, this magnificent 9 BD - 9 BA Villa dates back to the XVII century and is part of the Nozzole wine-estate, where some of Tuscany’s most representative wines are produced.
Being just 4 miles away from the picturesque village of Greve in Chianti and about 13 miles away from the city of Florence, the villa is ideally located to experience Tuscany at its very best!
*** The property video (made in July 2016) can be viewed directly on this page or at this link: https://youtu.be/wdffi5NaDY8 ***
About the property.
Since 1971 the estate has been the property of the Folonari family, a renowned name in the Italian wine panorama and one of Tuscany’s most respected and successful wine making families.
After a first complete restoration in 1992, where all of the original charm and architectural features were strictly maintained, the villa’s interiors have recently been meticulously renovated to the highest standards. Each living space has been elegantly appointed, combining traditional and contemporary elements. All of the artwork has been selected from the owner’s private collection, including some ancient masterpieces and some contemporary art pieces.
The villa is surrounded by 90 hectares (220 Acres) of vineyards, 15 hectares (37 acres) of olive groves and overlooks an extensive forest of century-old maritime pines. The garden is on different levels, and boasts a beautiful terracotta terrace overlooking the vineyards, a shaded area perfect for relaxing during the hot summer days, a private heated pool with beautiful views, an olive grove and a large lawn, ideal for outdoor summer banquets. The whole property extends over a total of 385 hectares (950 acres) of land.
The staff is caring and professional, looking after guests’ every need. The villa’s Hospitality Manager has daily contact with guests and is fully committed to help organize the holiday of a lifetime. As an introduction to the Family’s winemaking activity, all guests are offered a free wine tasting and visit of the main aging cellar on the Nozzole estate.
Spreading over a surface of more than 18,000 square feet, the villa offers its guests a unique blend of indoor and outdoor living, providing the perfect setting for either a family reunion, a group of friends travelling together, or an anniversary party… With its 9 wonderfully decorated bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms and air conditioning, the villa offers the ultimate accommodation for your dream luxury holiday in Tuscany!
The villa is located just 4 miles (10 minutes) away from the lively village of Greve, which represents the “entrance gate” to the Chianti Classico area, at the very heart of the Chianti region. Its pretty main square, Piazza Matteotti, is the focal point of the village. Several excellent restaurants & cafes, a local market as well as many other typical grocery stores & craft shops can be found here.
The beginning of the historic district of Florence is about 13 miles away, approx. a 30 minutes drive by car. The Florence Airport is about 19.5 miles away.
Siena is about 40 miles away (approx. one hour by car).
Walking distance (2 km – 1.2 mi) from the villa there is a bus stop with connections to Florence and other nearby towns such as Greve, Panzano, Radda in Chianti, etc..
The heated pool.
The villa’s private heated pool is cleaned daily and features a full set of comfortable sun loungers with parasol, a gazebo and a shower. Being exposed to the sun practically all day, the pool water reaches ideally warm temperatures (often up to 30-31 Celsius/86-88 Fahrenheit). The pool is 11 meters long x 5 meters wide (36 x 16 ft).
The main building spreads over 3 floors and is more than 1,700 square meters (18,000 s.f.) in size. There are a total of 9 double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms, several spacious living spaces and 2 professional kitchens. The villa can comfortably welcome up to 18 guests.
- Large light-flooded Entrance Hall, with access to the rear garden as well as to the west facing lawn in front of the villa.
- Pool Room (Billiard Room).
- Large Wine Tasting Room.
- Comfortable Cloakroom and other service areas (laundry).
- Professional State-of-the-art kitchen.
First Floor (all rooms are air-conditioned except the kitchen)
Access to the first floor is gained from the entrance hall either by the stairs, elevator or directly from the garden. All common living spaces are found on this floor, as follows:
- The grand Dining Room has a fireplace and a large antique table that can seat up to 22 people, dominated by a magnificent Murano glass chandelier. Three large French windows open onto a balcony on the villa façade (north side), overlooking the beautiful typical landscape.
- The villa’s fully equipped kitchen is directly connected to the main Dining Room and features an open fireplace with Tuscan barbeque. It is also perfect for holding cooking classes and has a dining area with a table for up to 6 people.
- Two living rooms:
The main living room (of about 60 sq.m. - 650 sq.ft.) features new comfortable sofas, lounges and wonderful views on the valley. There are two 3-seater and two 4-seater sofas, two armchairs and four extra chairs. From this room it is possible to access one of the master Bedrooms (Baia al Vento).
The second living room boasts a large office desk, a 50” TV (with sky satellite channels & surround sound-system) and a large 7-seater sofa plus 3 armchairs, allowing for large families to relax comfortably as though in their own home. This room is also directly connected to the garden.
- There are a total of 7 bedrooms on this floor, all with en-suite bathrooms:
2 Master deluxe suites, each with super-king sized bed and bathroom with tub and separate shower. They are located next to the main living room and look onto the garden.
3 King Bedrooms each with king-sized bed and en-suite bathroom with shower.
2 Twin Bedrooms each with 2 twin beds and en-suite bathroom with shower.
Second Floor (all rooms are air-conditioned)
- Accessible via stairs and elevator.
- A smaller corridor leads the way to the two double bedrooms each with a king bed and en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Air conditioning: The 9 bedrooms as well as the living areas on the first floor are all air-conditioned (kitchen excluded)
- Built in cupboards in every Bedroom
- Private (heated) swimming pool overlooking the property’s beautiful landscape
- Internet Wi-Fi
- 50” Tv with Sky satellite channels, surround sound system and Blu-ray player
- Private garden and spacious private parking
- Hospitality Manager (available on a daily basis)
- Free Wine-tasting and tour of the main aging cellar of the Nozzole estate
- Rich Continental Breakfast (served daily)
- Pool Room (Billiard Room)
- Daily Housekeeping
- Midweek change of bed linen & two weekly changes of bath towels
- Hi-fi system
- Two fully equipped Kitchens (one with open fireplace)
On demand services.
- Cooking classes and catered meals directly at the villa (lunch or dinner)
- Yoga or Pilates instructor for private lessons
- Private chauffeur (Personal driver) & private tours
- Baby Sitter
- Special customized wine and oil tasting at Villa Nozzole
- Purchase of wine from the winery shop (delivery at the villa or worldwide)
- Special Green fee arrangements at the nearby Ugolino Golf club
- Truffle hunting with special Truffle based Meal and Truffle “talk”
**“City Tax” of € 1.50 per person per night applicable for a maximum of 7 nights during the period of March 1st to October 31st, is to be paid upon arrival as per the city's regulatory rules (kids under 14 are exempt).**
**Conditions to hold weddings at the property**
- The minimum chargeable rate during the high season (Early May-Mid October) would be for 7 nights. The usual minimum stay is 7 nights Saturday to Saturday, exceptions can be made to allow a shorter stay, but the rate normally remains the one of a 7 night stay.
- The hiring of the villa’s preferred wedding planner is mandatory.
- A wedding/event fee, for the permission to hold the wedding at the property with non-villa residents attending, would apply extra (the amount varies according to the final number of guests).