This beautifully restored two story Victorian home is located within the heart of downtown, steps from excellent restaurants, unique shops, the historic train station, the Hot Springs Pool, the Rio Grande Bike Trail and numerous other biking and hiking trails. This gem will steal your heart with the well appointed interior, gourmet kitchen, special touches, unique character and unbeatable location!
This historical home, built in 1908, features 4 bedrooms plus a loft and 2.5 bathrooms and can accommodate up to 10 people. The main level is newly renovated and features high ceilings, beautiful woodwork and light fixtures and a gas fireplace, ideal for evenings spent playing games or relaxing after an adventurous day of exploring our quaint town! The gourmet kitchen is well equipped with anything you may need and there is seating for 9 in the dining room and breakfast bar area. In warmer months, enjoy relaxing or dining on the deck, within the nicely landscaped fenced in yard, perfect for your furry family member.
This home does not have air conditioning, however, the two upstairs bedrooms have AC window units.
On the lower level, the master bedroom, or the Sunflower Suite, is bright with beautiful stained glass windows, colorful artwork, vaulted ceilings and a queen bed and an en suite bathroom. French doors open onto a private patio. The second bedroom on the lower level is a delightful room with a crystal chandelier and a single bed. The stairwell leading to the upper level opens up to the Honey Pot Loft, a winnie the pooh themed room with a low double bed, rocking chair and toys. There is no door on this loft room. This cozy space is great for kids! There are also two comfortably furnished bedrooms, both featuring European antiques, one with a small en suite bathroom.
As the ideal home base, you are walking distance to:
• Downtown Glenwood Springs (2 blocks)
• Glenwood Hot Springs, Iron Mountain Hot Springs Pools
• Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park
• Glenwood Vaudeville Review
• Gold Medal Flyfishing in the Roaring Fork and Colorado Rivers
• Rio Grande Trail (42 miles of bike trail from Glenwood Springs to Aspen)
• Dog Park (along the Rio Grande Trail)
• Hiking, biking and snowshoeing trails
• Shuttle stop for Sunlight Mountain Resort
And a short drive to:
• World class skiing at Aspen, Snowmass and Vail
• Local ski favorite, Sunlight Mountain Resort
• Cross country skiing
• Snowmobile tours
• Fly fishing (miles of Gold Medal rivers)
• White water rafting
• Kayaking, paddle boarding, canoeing
• Golfing (excellent courses nearby)
• Horseback riding
Conveniently located within the heart of downtown Glenwood Springs and near so many outdoor activities within the amazing Roaring Fork Valley, this charming Victorian home is the perfect mountain getaway with family friends!
Fully licensed with the City of Glenwood Springs. License # 18-004