A "Unicorn" in Corona del Mar? YES!
This beautiful guest cottage sits in the center of a RARE double-lot, which offers exceptional privacy in this otherwise densely populated beach community - Surrounded by tranquil gardens – Not the usual neighbors’ windows!
Centrally located in the heart of CDM village, within easy walking distance to prime restaurants, cafes, shops, beaches and everything else that makes Corona del Mar so desirable: 2.5 blocks to Coast Highway, 8 blocks to Big Corona State Beach. A tree-lined park is just up the block, leading to public tennis and basketball courts. If you enjoy trail-running or hiking, Buck Gully Nature Reserve is just a few blocks away. Sherman Gardens and Port Theater are also within easy walking distance. A mile or less to explore Fashion Island’s luxury shops, restaurants and movie theaters, and Pelican Hill's World-Class Golf Resort.
This original cottage was recently renovated and fully furnished with style and comfort in mind. Extensive attention to detail went into all elements of this redesign, preserving the original cottage charm while enhancing it with modern luxuries.
This is one of VERY FEW original beach cottages that remain in CDM Village! Spacious ground-level open floor-plan in living/dining/kitchen area, with bright natural light from tons of French windows, upper transoms and classic Dutch door. New kitchen cabinets with 'Galaxy' granite countertops. High beamed ceiling with classic transom windows provide even more light and the sea-breeze when desired. Views include your private garden courtyard entrance facing the kitchen & dining area, a Zen oasis with 35 foot Koi pond + stream off the livingroom, and then ANOTHER totally private garden patio (with outdoor seating) through the spacious bedroom’s French doors.
Full bath (tub/shower) with marble mosaic floor and subway tile.
From booking through check-out, Our goal is to provide you with the best quality, value and service that exists within CDM’s 1 bedroom category. If you have any special requests, just ask.. We will do everything we can to make your stay perfect!
• High quality bedding, fresh towels and paper-goods provided
• Ultra-comfortable, dust mite-proof queen bed with top quality sheets and linens
• New and/or freshly laundered dust mite-proof pillows (choice of goose down and/or shredded latex
• Secured WIFI - 100+ MBS
• High Def TV with Samsung soundbar/subwoofer system in Living area
• Ultra-High Def Smart-TV in bedroom
• DirecTv, Netflix & Amazon Movies, (Plus access to most other popular apps with existing acct)
• Pay-Per-View available, at cost
• HD blue-ray DVD/ CD player.
• Full bathroom (Tub/Shower) with white tile and marble mosaic floor
• Blow-dryer, soap, shampoo, Iron & ironing board provided
• Coffee & espresso/cappuccino maker
• Full Serving sets for 8 people, incl. Crystal wine glasses (both red & white)
• Full kitchen with Cooking utensils, pots & pans, food processor, blender, etc.
• Original stone floors enhanced with sisal area rugs in Living & Bedroom.
• Private entrance, Parking
• Laundry available
• Gardens on three sides, between you and the neighbors
• Reverse osmosis drinking water provided (5-stage filter)
• Whole-home chlorine water filter (including Shower/Bath)
IMPORTANT NOTE: This property is not easily accessible by wheelchair. Because this is an original 1940s property that has not been altered structurally, some aspects of the layout could present mobility issues. (Specifically, most of the original doors are under 28” wide, and the garden entrance has uneven natural stepping stones and ground-cover leading to the cottage.)
If you have any special needs or requests, please inquire before booking to insure that our property can safely and comfortably accommodate you. Thank you!