Bodhana means Awareness or Awakening, and our unique mountain vacation rental is perfect for surrounding yourself with nature to awaken your senses, to rejuvenate your relationships, and to ‘touch the earth’. This one-of-a-kind gem sits on 20-acres with two constantly-flowing creeks and a fresh-water lake. With abundant wildlife and with impressive views of the mountain, this private and cozy alpine retreat is conveniently located minutes from town, the golf and ski resorts, and Lake Siskiyou and the wilderness beyond (Pacific Crest Trail and the Mt. Shasta backcountry)!
Our guests enjoy gathering in groups for special events—a birthday, an anniversary, a reunion, a life celebration, an off-site meeting. They welcome the opportunity to be with each other and to have shared experiences. Others relish spending quiet and meditative time in a peaceful setting, where the privacy and where nature are conducive for retreats, sabbaticals, and overall personal wellness.
Northern California is a year-round playground, and Bodhana is a perfect gateway from which to explore and to adventure around this amazing area.
In winter, enjoy Nordic skiing, alpine skiing/boarding, snowshoeing or snowmobiling (back-side of Shasta has many miles of trails!). The ski park is 20 minutes away. Prefer the warmth of a cozy home? Snuggle-up by the fire and read a book or watch a movie and stare at the mountain as the light changes throughout the day.
We have optimized with additional information for the surrounding area, as well as, added links to other websites for Siskiyou County and some articles of interest regarding Mt. Shasta.
Mt. Shasta is home to many special events throughout the year, which includes the historic 4th of July celebration, Mt. Shasta Summit Bike Race, the Shasta Taiko Festival, the Cool Nights Blackberry Music Festival. Mt. Shasta City is also a good launching point for near-by points of interest, like Pluto's Cave and Medicine Lake, or even the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, OR! Every December, Santa and his elves are seen taking the sleigh around town…again, please check our website for local happenings!
In addition, fly-fish on the world famous Upper Sacramento and McCloud rivers or swim/boat in the pristine alpine lakes. There are three public golf courses nearby and plenty of outdoor exploring can be done in the three national forests that surround Mt. Shasta. The backcountry offers many trails to bike and hike! Castle Crags State Park is close by, as well as, access to the Pacific Crest Trail.
Here are a few highlights and amenities Bodhana has to offer:
• HUGE breathtaking views of Mt. Shasta
• Incredible STAR GAZING (we have a telescope)
• Private Lake, with a sand beach and a zip-line
• A nature trail along Wagon Creek--located on the property
• Amazing pine forest and open grassy meadows
• Manicured lawn with an in-ground trampoline (seasonal)
• Cozy house, wood-burning stove, comfortable beds
• Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Adjacent to the Shasta National Forest and Lake Siskiyou
• Privacy, serenity, peace
• Nature…it’s all around
The ‘MAIN HOUSE’ is rustic luxury with a warm knotty pine interior and cathedral ceilings in the living room. Comfortable beds and linens in all three bedrooms coupled with the sounds of Wagon Creek, makes for a restful stay. Other amenities include:
• Well stocked kitchen with double ovens and a large, expandable kitchen table
• Flat-screen TV w/ satellite & DVR in living room
• Outdoor gas grill and deck with additional seating
• Upstairs master suite with king bed, full bath, skylight, and private balcony
• Upstairs loft with queen Sleeper sofa and TV/VCR/DVD
• Two downstairs guest rooms: one with Queen bed and bunk beds, and the second room has 2 twin beds (or 1 king). Both downstairs bedrooms share a bathroom with bath/tub/shower
Our 'WEST WING' is a one story detached building and has:
• A private guest suite with a queen bed, bunk beds, a crib, and a bath with shower
• A separate ‘Bonus Room’ can be used for socializing or as an extra bedroom. Equipped with a queen sleeper sofa, TV/DVD/VCR, maps, books, games, puzzles, cards and family friendly movies
• The ‘tailgate lounge’/garage-game area has air-hockey, Ping-Pong, darts and foosball
• There is also some outdoor equipment like bats, balls, racquets, croquet, and floating devices for the responsible and careful users.
Are you ready for Unrehearsed Living? Come explore BODHANA and awaken to a more Balanced Life.
Bodhana is accessible via train, plane or automobile! Amtrak stops in Dunsmuir, the historic railroad town 15 minutes away, Flights to Redding (1hr), Medford (1.5 hrs.) and Sacramento (3 hrs.) are daily. Drive from the San Francisco Bay Area is (4 hrs.) or Portland (5 hrs.), Seattle or LA (9 hrs.). Private planes can land at Mott (10 minutes) or Weed regional airports (20 minutes).
Come explore BODHANA this summer and fall!
Keywords: Mt. Shasta vacation rental, retreat, rustic, family reunions, all-seasons activities, outdoor adventures, fun, private, fireplace, wood-stove, skiing, lake, fly fishing, hike, vacation rental by owner, mountain, spiritual journey, friends gathering, Mount Shasta, vortex, peaceful, nature, foodie, shared meals, celebrate, trees, Northern California, hip mountain town, getaway, portal, beautiful space, care-givers retreat.