Nicest 1 BR-2 Bath, 'G Bldg,' 360 Virtual Tour, Ocean View,Widened Lanai; $150+(51 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Condo, 1 Bedroom + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 1-4)
Instead, I want to provide information that I feel is relevant about MY unit, and why I feel that it is probably one of the finest units in the entire complex.
G-305, my unit, is a one bedroom and TWO BATH. Those familiar with the Maui Banyan know that the 'G' building is the most desirable as it is the closest to the beach without being on top of Kihei Rd. and the subsequent street noise. Some people who have 2 bedroom, 2 bath units do rent out a one bedroom part of their condo; however, when they split their unit and rent it out as a one bedroom you LOSE the second bath! I don't know about you; however, my wife loves it when she can have the master bath all to herself. For those of you who have children, it is a luxury to be able to enjoy the convenience and privacy of your own bathroom. Now, why my one bedroom two bathroom is so unique. Within the past year I have spent over $70,000 upgrading my unit. The final enhancement was the expansion of the lanai.
Unfortunately, the original size of the lanais of ALL the other one bedroom units at the Banyans were vastly undersized! So much so, that it was virtually impossible to have meals outside, as the width of the lanai was a mere 3 feet. The lanai's total function was to provide only standing room enjoyment. With my current lanai EXPANSION, 4 can now comfortably sit around a 36' diameter table, have a candlelight dinner while watching the sun set over your ocean view. NOW THAT IS SIGNIFICANT if you want to truly experience the utmost in ambiance.
The second improvement is the elimination of a common wall that separated the living room from the bedroom area. Instead of this wall, four beautiful Japanese sliding Shoji screens now provide privacy between these two areas. HOWEVER, when desired they all slide on their own individual tracks to make any combination of closures. Therefore, you now can make one big open area that joins the bedroom to the living room, and eliminate that boxy feel that was the original configuration, but still have all the privacy in your bedroom area as before. I am the original owner, and I wanted my 'home away from home' to be as comfortable as my home in Los Angeles. Therefore, there is not one piece of furniture that was originally provided by the builder that is still in my unit!
Unfortunately, this attitude is not shared by most of the other units that are available for rent. I am not trying to downgrade other units, however, there are differences, and the following list will inform you as to the amenities that are provided by my unit that were NOT the standard issue when these units were originally sold.
1. LOCATED IN THE G BUILDING (shortest walk to beach ...30 seconds, without being on top of Kihei Rd and its subsequent noise.
2. Located on the south side of the building giving a VIEW of the pool area, as well as a lovely OCEAN VIEW.
3. ALL NEW KITCHEN...including granite counters, new sink and fixtures, all new raised panel cabinetry, all new appliances, dimable under cabinet and recessed ceiling lighting.
4. ALL NEW FURNITURE, including an entertainment center that houses a Panasonic 42' plasma TV and DVD player. The new queen sofa bed has an upgraded $400 mattress that eliminates that annoying feel of the center bar. Just ask my 24 yr old 6'4', 215 lb. son how comfortable it is, as that is the bed he uses when he visits.
5. ALL NEW DINING ROOM FURNITURE, and a tropical ceiling fan in this area if you do not wish to use the air conditioner.
6. A desk for you to use if you brought with you some work from home, and a wonderful spot to set up your laptop, and enjoy the provided FREE WiFi connection.
7. Elimination in the bedroom of the original double bed which was replaced with a Simmons top of the line KING SIZE box spring and mattress.
8. Addition of a 26 ' CEILING MOUNTED TV IN THE BEDROOM for night time enjoyment as well as to give others the chance to view a different program from that of the plasma TV in the living room.
9. GRANITE COUNTER TOPS, new sinks and fixtures, and new raised panel cabinetry in both baths.
10. Addition of a SECOND AIR CONDITIONER AND CEILING FAN for the bedroom area.
11. EXPANSION OF THE LANAI off of the bedroom that has a 36' round table, seating for 4, as well as a reclining chaise lounge chair.
12. Extensive wall art and table pieces that make my unit feel as if you are in a beautiful island home, and NOT a boring stock hotel unit.
All of the above is true, and I can back it up by sending you a wonderful 3 minute e-mail attachment of a slide show that I made that will give you a complete idea of what I have accomplished to make your vacation as enjoyable as possible. People who have stayed in other units at the Banyan, and then have stayed in mine, repeatedly comment on the difference. That is why I rent my unit at a higher rental rate than some of the others. This may not be for everyone; however, for those of you who feel that the quality of your accommodations goes a long way towards making your Hawaiian vacation an EXCELLENT one instead of just a good one, then you will appreciate the phrase 'you get what you pay for.'
Keywords: See 'VIRTUAL TOUR' link below by clicking 'Rate Details' on the top of this page, and then scrolling down to 'LINK TO MORE INFORMATION.' The virtual tour is highlighted in blue, so click there.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- On floor 3
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Limited Accessibility
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Professionally decorated 2008, with all new furniture, king bed, granite kitchen and baths, new cabinetry, enlarged lanai that seats 4 (only 3 other 1/BR units in entire Banyans have this). Moveable 4 shoji screens that allow for bedroom and living room to form one great room, but can be completely closed to provide complete privacy between bedroom and living areas. 42'plasma in living room and 26'TV in bedroom. Cabinets, sinks, fixtures, air and ceiling fans in bedroom and living room. 30 sec walk to Kamaole 2 Beach, Tennis, Spa, great ocean view, located in G building overlooking pool and ocean. SLIDE SHOW OF UNIT CAN BE E-MAILED by request....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Once you close the door to the condo it is literally a 30 second walk until your toes are on the sand of Kamaole 2 Beach. The view from the lanai is fantastic...have even seen whales the last time I was there. You definitely will not be disappointed...Ask for my video of the unit and I will email it to you. Seeing is believing!!...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Covered Parking:
- Free Long Distance:
- Linens Provided:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Ice Maker
All New Appliances (Stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, cook top). All new raised panel cabinetry, new granite counters with new sink and fixtures. Added dimmable under counter lighting and recessed ceiling lighting...moreless
Lanai / Gazebo:
All of the 1 bedroom 2 bath units at the Maui Banyan have a grossly UNDERSIZED lanai that makes it almost impossible to sit on chairs unless they are placed in a line like a train. We have just increased the size of our lanai to make it possible for 4 chairs to be comfortably placed around a 36' diameter table (This improvement cost over $8,000.) There is also a reclining chaise lounge on the lanai that has an ocean view. Great views of the pool, Haleakala, and the ocean to make outdoor meals, or just sipping a glass of wine or pina colada a wonderful experience...moreless
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 16 - Dec 13, 2017
4 night min stay
Dec 14 - Apr 15, 2018
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $125
- Refundable Key Deposit $50
- Tax Rate 13.4%
1. Rates are subject to change by owner at any time.
2. The Standard Rate applies to bookings made within 10 days of arrival or short fill in between two existing bookings.
3. Departure Cleaning Fee of $100.00
4. Rates are for 2 guests; $15.00/night per each additional guest (up to total of 2 additional guests) per night
5. Cancellation: 100% refund if made greater than 90 days prior to arrival date. If less, then a charge for any
un rented nights of the stay applied against deposit.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 90 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Maui Banyans is located in the southern most part of Kihei, just adjacent to Wailea, and about 25 minutes from the airport. The beach is a 30 second walk from my front door, and excellent shopping and restaurants are within an easy 5 minute walk. Unbelievable golf courses are a 10 minute drive away and the beautiful shops of Wailea are within a 5 minute drive. If you want a description of the area, visit the other ads in this section, but if you want to know why my unit stands out continue reading the rest of my ad.
Year Purchased: 1990
About the owner: I am a retired dentist in Los Angeles, and my wife, Michele was also a dental hygienist. We have been coming to Maui for over thirty years and bought our 'home away from home' in 1990. During the past 25 years we have continuously upgraded our unit to the point that I have now run out of possibilities for improvement. Those who have stayed in other units at the Banyans, and then stayed in our unit always make our unit their choice for their future Maui vacations.
Why the Owner Chose Kihei, HI, USA:
Fortunately, South Maui has not been adversely affected by the transformation of growth in Maui. The laid-back style that one enjoys in Kihei blends in beautifully with some of the most beautiful beaches to be found in all of Hawaii. The Maui Banyans is beautifully centrally located in Kihei...walking distance to many fine restaurants and shops as well as being a 30 sec. walk from Kamaole Beach II. Get away from the traffic and craziness of Kaanapali and relax in Kihei. Once you do you will always make it a point to return.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Hopefully you will wade through the description of my condo in full. It is truly unique from all of the other one bedroom units at the Banyans. First of all it is in the best building (G) that has the advantage of being the closest to the beach without having the road noise of Kihei Rd. My unit is on the South side of the building overlooking the pool, and having a great ocean view (unfortunately some of the pics from other units have enhanced their description of an 'ocean view' by using the benefits of digital photography.) The enlargement of the lanai is a huge benefit if you enjoy eating outside (my unit is only one two that have had this done), and the breaking through of the common wall between the bedroom and living rooms really opened up the place. Of course we provided privacy by installing beautiful sliding shoji screens. Other features like granite throughout, all new furniture and appliances, and a remodeled kitchen can and should be appreciated by seeing our Slide Show that can be emailed to you by request. Once seen, I believe you will agree that this unit is one of, in not the best one bedroom in all of the Maui Banyans
- Primary: 818 992-7718 Calif. USA Located in Los Angeles 9AM to 11PM PST
- Secondary: 818 512-2994 Calif. USA Michele's cell phone
- Tertiary: +1 8185122994
Links to more information:
Entrance to G 305
Sliding Shoji Screens Separate Bedroom from Living Room
Beautiful Whales Inlaid in Travertine Floor
Beautiful Dining Area
Beautiful bronze Whales
Brand New King Simmonds Beauty Rest Bed...New bedroom set
Desk with Free Wi Fi and complete privacy with Shoji screens closed
Pool with Jacuzzi and Quartzite Decking
View of Pool From My Lanai Which Has Been Expanded To Allow Dining for 4
Sunset on the lanai...what a way to end a day with a meal or glass of wine
Sunset from Lanai
All New Furniture...Queen Sofa Sleeper, Swivel Recliner
Complete privacy when closed
Full length of condo taken from lanai
Complete Kitchen with everything you need
Lanai Entries from the bedroom and living room
Travertine shower with beautiful Art Work on the Wall
45 Sec Walk From My Front Door To Beach (Kamaole II)
View from Lanai... Can See Whales in Season
Expanded Lanai Seating For 4 Plus A Chaise Lounge
Beautiful Kamaole II Beach great for boogie boarding,snorkeling, swimming
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Sunday, April 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.