The View gives you just that, the minute you walk out on the private deck. This remarkable cabin is perched on the highest point in the resort giving guests an awesome experience of a life time. Many speak of the peace and tranquility they feel as they gaze out over the splendor of the Great Smoky Mountains. This very spacious 3 story cabin is definitely of luxury status, offering top of the line furnishings to make your family feel very comfortable and right at home with a touch of elegance.There are 2 king size bedrooms on the upper level along with the game room. Both bedrooms have a full bath and the master has a jacuzzi tub. The game room features an air hockey table, a game table, a computer arcade game and a dart board. There is also a 60 inch flat screen TV with surround sound for a movie theatre experience. A sleeper sofa in the game room allows for extra sleeping room if needed. The lower level has 2 king suites with full baths that open to the lower deck where the hot tub is located. One of these bedrooms also has a fireplace. All rooms have flat screen TVs and dvd players. Everyone is sure to find the perfect room. The main level has the kitchen, living room, dining room and a full bath. The kitchen is fully equipped to prepare a big family meal after trekking through the Great Smoky Mountains and plenty of seating for the entire family.There is also a gas barbecue for outdoor cooking. The living room also has a sleeper sofa if needed for extra sleeping space. If you are looking for a great retreat where you can sit back and capture the essence of the Smokies, look no further. Your search for the ultimate luxury cabin in Pigeon Forge is over-this is the one you have been waiting for. Be sure and make your reservations for the Wahoo Zip Line, located in the resort. You get half price tickets if staying at the resort. Book now while there are open dates. This one will fill up fast.
- Cabin2850 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay1 - 3 nights
Cabin, 4 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 5 Baths, (Sleeps 8-12)
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 17, 2018
About Lloyd Peterson
My wife and I are both Attorneys and live in Lake City, Fl. We have 3 Teenage Sons. We are very involved with our Church and it's Youth Ministry.
Lloyd Peterson purchased this Cabin in 2012
Why Lloyd Peterson chose Sevierville
We have been making trips to Pigeon Forge and the Smoky Mountains for years. You just can't top it for a combination of Family Friendly Fun and Outdoor Activities. We have another 2 bedroom cabin in the same development, THE VIEW TOO(802910). We needed a 4 Bedroom cabin when the whole family is together.
What makes this Cabin unique
We searched for 2 years for a cabin that had everything we wanted. A great full view of the Smoky Mountains was a must. No winding or steep Roads. Easy In and Easy out no matter the weather. We also wanted 4 Bedrooms so that one day when the boys are grown and married, everyone would have their own Bedroom. This Cabin was exactly what we were looking for. The first time we saw the cabin we felt like we were Home. We also like being in a smaller development because it is more laid back and not as touristy.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
VERY STRESSFUL AND WILL NOT RENT AGAIN!
The cabin on the inside and the outside looked pretty good; however, there were some minor and MAJOR issues.
1. On the first night we noticed that it was very hot and muggy downstairs. Upon further review the next morning, we discovered that all the vents downstairs were closed. When we opened them, the smell of mold and mildew hit us right in the face and never really went away. We ended up closing the vent in the 2nd bedroom downstairs (that's were the smell was the worst), bought a box fan and used the ceiling fans to keep cool. Both my boys ended up sleeping with us in the master bedroom to get away from the smell. Also, the footboard to the master bedroom bed was broken. I reported this first thing.
2. The washing machine broke while we were there as well. After many calls to the owner, maintenance man, as well as a "service call", we were told by the owner to break the door off to get out our wet clothes that were being held hostage. Thank God the dryer still worked.
3. There is a horrible bat infestation in this house. I reached out to the owner on the first morning to report what I thought was a huge amount of rat droppings. He emailed back to let me know that it was not rats but bats. He said he was aware of the problem and that the house was being treated in-between guest. We still had to sweep the front steps before leaving the house and upon returning to the house so we didn't track bat poop into the house. Very inconvenient and gross to say the least.
4. My friend and her family stayed upstairs in the cabin. She said that the smell of "whatever" was over powering at times and she could hear the bats all night long. She also said that there was bat poop stains coming down the walls in the bathroom.
5. The kitchen wasn't well stocked. There was no baking bans or anything to use in the oven.
6. The cleaning people did not leave enough towels. There were only 6 washcloths in the entire house. There were 7 of us staying there. After asking twice, I was finally able to have the cleaners bring us some more towels to get us through the rest of the week since of course the washing machine didn't work.
Because of all these issues, I spend a lot of my "relaxing" vacation on the phone or emailing trying to get in touch with the maintenance man (who only called me back once) and the owner. I think the owner was understanding of my frustration; however, nothing was done to compensate our horrible issues with his cabin.
Normally if I respond to a review I thank the guest for their comments. Sometimes a guest will bring things to our attention that needs to be addressed. We certainly regret that your stay was less than perfect. However, your review is unfair, misleading and inaccurate. I will address each of your concerns.
1. Apparently the prior guests thought it was too cold downstairs and shut the floor vents instead of adjusting the thermostat. It is regrettable you did not think to open them up on your first night. If you would have called I would of helped you walk through the obvious solutions. As to alleged smells, you never once mentioned this in our several conversations during your stay so I do not find it credible. 2. The washing machine did malfunction during your stay. However, the repairman reports this was because you grossly overloaded the machine. The unbalanced load shook so bad it cut the wires to the lid which caused it to stay locked. I had a repairman come out on a Saturday and fix it. You then promptly overloaded it again and severed the wires again. Unfortunately, this time we could not get another repairman to come out since all shops were closed until Monday. You were frustrated with the machine ( and at this time we didn't know you were the cause of the problem). The only solution I had was to give you permission to break open the machine. I then thinking I had a faulty machine ordered a new combo washer dryer which cost close to $2000. 3. There is not a horrible bat problem. We did however have some bats at both of our side by side cabins. The bats were lodging on the outside of the cabins in the eaves and around some of the window frames. At no time were there bats in the attic, walls, or interior of the cabin. You did see bat droppings every morning on the steps but have grossly overstated the problem. The bats have now been you removed at the cost of $3000. 4.There were no bat smells if there were you would have mentioned it in our conversations. Housekeeping did not report anything dripping on the wall and if there were it could not be bat related since the bats were always outside. 5.The kitchen is fully stocked but I am having housekeeping recheck. 6. There are always at least 15 sets of towels and washcloths. You ran short because most of them were stuck in the overloaded washer.
TO OUR FUTURE GUESTS, WE DO ALL WE CAN TO MAKE SURE YOUR STAY IS ENJOYABLE AND ASK THAT THEY CONSIDER ALL OF OUR REVIEWS AS A WHOLE.
Cozy and relaxing!
Our 3 families enjoyed every minute of this large, accommodating cabin. It was clean and cozy. It had more than enough bathrooms for 10 people! We will be back :)
Beautiful view from the deck! Our first trip to the Smoky Mountains was an incredible one. The cabin is very nice, and we would definitely stay here again! There was an issue with the hot tub, but we called maintenance, and it was fixed the next morning. I would’ve given 5 stars, but there were a few minor things that are easily correctable once pointed out to the owner. One of the chairs on upper deck was missing wood and ruined a pair of my husbands shorts when he stood up, they got caught and tore, the blue chairs on the lower deck have peeling paint and when we sat down the paint stuck all over us. The cabin was clean for the most part, except the dead bugs in the light fixtures in the downstairs bathroom and bedroom. As soon as we arrived, I had a dishwasher full of dishes to put away, which I feel housekeeping should’ve done. What I disliked most was the dirty microwave that had a dark substance splashed throughout. Again, not the owners fault, as the cleaning people should’ve cleaned it. There is a cleaning fee charged, so I feel it should’ve been done properly. These housekeeping issues can easily be corrected. Even though there were no darts, we had a great time playing arcade games and air hockey. As I said earlier, we had a wonderful time and will go back, as I am sure the minor issues will be addressed by the owner. My kids loved the zip lining at the resort, which was 50% off.
NOT VERY CLEAN
CABIN WAS NOT VERY CLEAN
ICE MAKER IN REFRIGERATOR WAS INADEQUATE - MADE ABOUT 10 CUBES A DAY
DIRTY BAKING PANS IN THE CABINET
Thanks you for the review. I'm sorry to hear your stay was less than perfect. However, It would have been far more productive if you would have brought these matters to my attention during your 7 day stay. Then I could have addressed them to your satisfaction. Having said that, I have immediately and appropriately addressed the concerns you raised which will certainly benefit our future guests. Hopefully, we can accommodate you on your next visit .
This cabin is perfect and we had a party of 10 adults and a 3 year old. Worked well for everyone. It is 3 stories and with 2 bedrooms up and 2 bedrooms down, bathrooms for all, plus. Just perfect.
We really enjoyed our stay at the cabin! The view was awesome from both balconies! The cabin itself was large, clean and very accommodating. We had two families totaling 9 people and had plenty of space. Wahoo zip lining is right down the hill and was one of our favorite things we did while on vacation. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are close by and taking back roads got you there fairly quick. You can see the Ferris wheel at the island and the fireworks from Dollywood from the balcony of the cabin! Thank you for a nice place to come back and rest before the adventure of the next day! We would definitely stay here again!
Guests may chose to pay initial $200 upon booking, 50% 60 days before arrival and remaining balance 30 days before arrival.