The View gives you just that, the minute you walk out on the private deck. This remarkable cabin is perched on the highest point in the resort giving guests an awesome experience of a life time. Many speak of the peace and tranquility they feel as they gaze out over the splendor of the Great Smoky Mountains. This very spacious 3 story cabin is definitely of luxury status, offering top of the line furnishings to make your family feel very comfortable and right at home with a touch of elegance.There are 2 king size bedrooms on the upper level along with the game room. Both bedrooms have a full bath and the master has a jacuzzi tub. The game room features an air hockey table, a game table, a computer arcade game and a dart board. There is also a 60 inch flat screen TV with surround sound for a movie theatre experience. A sleeper sofa in the game room allows for extra sleeping room if needed. The lower level has 2 king suites with full baths that open to the lower deck where the hot tub is located. One of these bedrooms also has a fireplace. All rooms have flat screen TVs and dvd players. Everyone is sure to find the perfect room. The main level has the kitchen, living room, dining room and a full bath. The kitchen is fully equipped to prepare a big family meal after trekking through the Great Smoky Mountains and plenty of seating for the entire family.There is also a gas barbecue for outdoor cooking. The living room also has a sleeper sofa if needed for extra sleeping space. If you are looking for a great retreat where you can sit back and capture the essence of the Smokies, look no further. Your search for the ultimate luxury cabin in Pigeon Forge is over-this is the one you have been waiting for. Be sure and make your reservations for the Wahoo Zip Line, located in the resort. You get half price tickets if staying at the resort. Book now while there are open dates. This one will fill up fast.
Cabin, 4 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 5 Baths, (Sleeps 8-12)
- Calendar last updated:
- Dec 12, 2018
About Lloyd Peterson
My wife and I are both Attorneys and live in Lake City, Fl. We have 3 Teenage Sons. We are very involved with our Church and it's Youth Ministry.
Lloyd Peterson purchased this Cabin in 2012
Why Lloyd Peterson chose Sevierville
We have been making trips to Pigeon Forge and the Smoky Mountains for years. You just can't top it for a combination of Family Friendly Fun and Outdoor Activities. We have another 2 bedroom cabin in the same development, THE VIEW TOO(802910). We needed a 4 Bedroom cabin when the whole family is together.
What makes this Cabin unique
We searched for 2 years for a cabin that had everything we wanted. A great full view of the Smoky Mountains was a must. No winding or steep Roads. Easy In and Easy out no matter the weather. We also wanted 4 Bedrooms so that one day when the boys are grown and married, everyone would have their own Bedroom. This Cabin was exactly what we were looking for. The first time we saw the cabin we felt like we were Home. We also like being in a smaller development because it is more laid back and not as touristy.
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Spent time with the family in this cabin. We all loved it. Very comfortable and clean. The only thing was that there were no hair blo dryers in the bathrooms. Other than that it was great.
My family went up for a week after a long year of learning to be parents to a little boy we welcomed into the world in January. We needed a big enough cabin to accommodate my father and my husbands mom, dad and sister. This cabin was a perfect fit. You couldnt beat this view or easy entry if you tried. No winding long road and just far enough away to not hear traffic etc. Very peaceful. It was a much needed retreat from the real world. Kitchen was fully stocked, and everything in the house worked just fine! No bats even though we have been many times to cabins in the smokers and know wild life is a possibility!
Your home is beautiful. We had so much fun. We hope to come for another visit in the near future .
The home was very clean. We
Only had to buy paper towel . It has a great view. It was closet to every thing
BEAUTIFUL SETTING AND ACCOMODATIONS
It was a great place to stay. It was roomy and open. The bedrooms and bath combos were wonderful. We enjoyed our stay very much
VERY STRESSFUL AND WILL NOT RENT AGAIN!
The cabin on the inside and the outside looked pretty good; however, there were some minor and MAJOR issues.
1. On the first night we noticed that it was very hot and muggy downstairs. Upon further review the next morning, we discovered that all the vents downstairs were closed. When we opened them, the smell of mold and mildew hit us right in the face and never really went away. We ended up closing the vent in the 2nd bedroom downstairs (that's were the smell was the worst), bought a box fan and used the ceiling fans to keep cool. Both my boys ended up sleeping with us in the master bedroom to get away from the smell. Also, the footboard to the master bedroom bed was broken. I reported this first thing.
2. The washing machine broke while we were there as well. After many calls to the owner, maintenance man, as well as a "service call", we were told by the owner to break the door off to get out our wet clothes that were being held hostage. Thank God the dryer still worked.
3. There is a horrible bat infestation in this house. I reached out to the owner on the first morning to report what I thought was a huge amount of rat droppings. He emailed back to let me know that it was not rats but bats. He said he was aware of the problem and that the house was being treated in-between guest. We still had to sweep the front steps before leaving the house and upon returning to the house so we didn't track bat poop into the house. Very inconvenient and gross to say the least.
4. My friend and her family stayed upstairs in the cabin. She said that the smell of "whatever" was over powering at times and she could hear the bats all night long. She also said that there was bat poop stains coming down the walls in the bathroom.
5. The kitchen wasn't well stocked. There was no baking bans or anything to use in the oven.
6. The cleaning people did not leave enough towels. There were only 6 washcloths in the entire house. There were 7 of us staying there. After asking twice, I was finally able to have the cleaners bring us some more towels to get us through the rest of the week since of course the washing machine didn't work.
Because of all these issues, I spend a lot of my "relaxing" vacation on the phone or emailing trying to get in touch with the maintenance man (who only called me back once) and the owner. I think the owner was understanding of my frustration; however, nothing was done to compensate our horrible issues with his cabin.
Normally if I respond to a review I thank the guest for their comments. Sometimes a guest will bring things to our attention that needs to be addressed. We certainly regret that your stay was less than perfect. However, your review is unfair, misleading and inaccurate. I will address each of your concerns.
1. Apparently the prior guests thought it was too cold downstairs and shut the floor vents instead of adjusting the thermostat. It is regrettable you did not think to open them up on your first night. If you would have called I would of helped you walk through the obvious solutions. As to alleged smells, you never once mentioned this in our several conversations during your stay so I do not find it credible. 2. The washing machine did malfunction during your stay. However, the repairman reports this was because you grossly overloaded the machine. The unbalanced load shook so bad it cut the wires to the lid which caused it to stay locked. I had a repairman come out immediately on a Saturday and fix it. You then promptly overloaded it again and severed the wires again. Unfortunately, this time we could not get another repairman to come out since all shops were closed until Monday. You were frustrated with the machine ( and at this time we didn't know you were the cause of the problem). The only solution I had was to give you permission to break open the machine. I then thinking I had a faulty machine ordered a new combo washer dryer which cost close to $2000. 3. There is not a horrible bat problem. We did however have some bats at both of our side by side cabins. The bats were lodging on the outside of the cabins in the eaves and around some of the window frames. At no time were there bats in the attic, walls, or interior of the cabin. You did see bat droppings every morning on the steps but have grossly overstated the problem. The bats have now been you removed at the cost of $3000. 4.There were no bat smells if there were you would have mentioned it in our conversations. Housekeeping did not report anything dripping on the wall and if there were it could not be bat related since the bats were always outside. 5.The kitchen is fully stocked but I am having housekeeping recheck. 6. There are always at least 15 sets of towels and washcloths. You ran short because most of them were stuck in the overloaded washer.
TO OUR FUTURE GUESTS, WE DO ALL WE CAN TO MAKE SURE YOUR STAY IS ENJOYABLE AND ASK THAT THEY CONSIDER ALL OF OUR REVIEWS AS A WHOLE.
Cozy and relaxing!
Our 3 families enjoyed every minute of this large, accommodating cabin. It was clean and cozy. It had more than enough bathrooms for 10 people! We will be back :)
Additional information about rental rates
Guests may chose to pay initial $200 upon booking, 50% 60 days before arrival and remaining balance 30 days before arrival.