This is an all season spacious vacation log home near the water's edge of crystal clear Newfound Lake in Hebron NH. Newfound Lake has been referred to as New Hampshire's best kept secret and is known for excellent trout and bass fishing. This is an excellent location for swimming, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking and winter skiing, ice fishing and snowmobiling.
Seven spacious rooms with 2200 sq feet of Log home living space and two car garage . Full glass front overlooking a large deck with open concept Kitchen, Living Room and Dining Room with full length stone fireplace wall. Large outdoor deck with partial view of lake and trees and beach area. Two Queen bedrooms and bath on first level. One King bedroom and one bunk room and bath on second level. Loft with TV and board games with balcony overlooking living room. There is full glass front and cathedral ceiling with large walk out screen doors and deck from living room and dining. Perfect for sharing with two families or with grandma and grandpa. .
This is an all year, four season vacation rental. Great for all year family vacations - summer, fall, winter and spring swimming, hiking snowmobiling and skiing. This large spacious log home is ten years old with semi-private beach access to 110' foot of shore front on Newfound Lake. The view from the glass front and deck is partial through the trees but the treed shore and beach area is steps away and water's edge is 75 yards from front deck. This tree shaded and open beach area is shared with only one other home.
This log home is located on the West shore of Newfound Lake in the town of Hebron, NH. It is situated down a private dirt road in a protected cove. The view from the beach is looking at the widest part of the lake in a very peaceful and quiet part of the lake. This glacial lake is a beauty in the middle of New Hampshire and is 2.5 miles wide and 7 miles long, reaching depths of up to 180 feet, with 22 miles of shoreline. The water, fed by eight springs, is considered the most pristine in the state. The Lakes Region of New Hampshire is such a wonderful vacation spot for so many people year after year. Newfound Lake had many camps. The greatest impact on Hebron from the establishment of these camps, especially the ones that survive to this day, was unintentional. Large areas of shoreline and many acres of surrounding land have been kept in natural condition because of these camps. Further, in several cases, the land is now locked away in perpetual trusts that insures that these many acres remain forever wild. Between 1925 and 1945 tourism was a full blown industry at Hebron. The great camps that owned so much of the lakeshore on the north end kept the tourism activities and population density in Hebron much lower than that on the south end. This is still true today. Whereas, cottages and bungalows dotted the southern half, the northern half of the lake was limited to campgrounds, inns and private camp complexes. We are blessed to be in this special part of Newfound Lake!
Newfound Lake has been referred to as New Hampshire's best kept secret and is known for excellent trout and bass fishing.
There are two Wilderness System sea kayaks, one Old Town canoe, paddles, adult and children life vests plus tubes and floats and Inflatable boat with paddles. Also basketball hoop on paved driveway, corn hole, bocci ball, badmitton, and campfire pit for outdoor fun and lots of board games and WIFI.
RATES: Rates vary by midweek, weekend, off season, peak season and holiday. The base rate is for up to 6 people and $25 per person per night for additional guests. The maximum accepted is 12. . Pets are welcome at a $50 per pet per stay.
All rentals are taxed at 9 % NEW HAMPSHIRE MEALS & ROOM TAX . License # 062247
SHORT TERM RENTAL CONTRACT: You must supply contact information after an accepted booking. Signed contracts are required by everyone. Large groups will require additional contract signatures and contact information and may require additional security deposit and damage protection insurance.
• This is a private family cabin. There is no housekeeping and no cleaning fee BUT you must leave the house as you found it.
• The Check in and check out can be flexible. In general Check In time is after 4 Pm and Check Out time is 10 AM.
• BEACH – The log home has beach rights to 110 feet of shoreline. There is a seasonal swim raft anchored in deep water for your use. You are not to use or go on the boat dock on shore. There are sand chairs, toys, and life vests for adults and children. This beach area is used with one other home so please be very respectful of the neighbors. There are racks of boats and a small and large utility shed on beach that are NOT for your use. Do not take things from these sheds. You have beach rights to this semi-private beach area, please be respectful and do not dominate, pick a spot leaving room for the other home. NO glass and only use plastic cups outside as many are barefoot. No fishing off the shoreline as lures get caught in the rocks. NO fireworks anywhere anytime.
• There may be food items in kitchen and refrigerator. You are welcome to use the food items such as spices, flour, sugar, and condiments.
•You must have a cell phone for emergency purposes as there is no phone.
• BOATS There are inflatable tubes and boats, one canoe and two good quality sea kayaks with gear in the log home. You are welcome to use but you are responsible for any damage or loss. IMPORTANT: Do not use any boats or chairs stored at beach as they do not belong to log home!
• Personal Boats of any size and off road vehicles, snowmobiles, ATVs and motorcycles are only allowed with prior approval and a signed addendum listing every boat or vehicle. This is for the purpose of explaining Newfound Lake Association rules, rights of way, storage and protection of landscaping, property lines and driveways of neighbors and the beach. You are NOT allowed to bring without approval. At this time we do not have a mooring for any storage of boats. There is a dock on the beach area which is not owned by the log home. It is not to be used and not available for boat storage or any use by log home renters.
• There is a catamaran sailboat. Do not use it or allow children to play on it.
• LINENS: Clean sheets are left folded on top of each bed. You must make up each bed you use. You must bring your own beach towels. Limited bath towels and bedding will be available. If you use a lot of towels and pillows, you should bring your own.
• HOUSEKEEPING: there is NO housekeeping service and I am not charging cleaning fees. Please leave the log home as you found it. Please leave used sheets and towels in bins and wet items on rack at bottom of basement stairs. Quilts should be left neatly made up on beds. Blankets should be folded on beds or on shelves.
• PETS that are friendly and well behaved are welcome with prior approval. Some breeds are not accepted for insurance purposes. Pets are NOT allowed upstairs and there is a $50 fee per pet per stay.
• WINTER USE: This is a country setting with road and driveway conditions totally dependent on weather and it is not possible to predict or provide snow and ice free access. Four wheel drive is highly recommended if snow is predicted or there has been recent storms. There is at least a quarter mile of private dirt road access to the driveway. Although they are plowed by the town AFTER all town roads are done it is a dirt road without continual cleanup and four wheel drive vehicles are almost necessary. Snow shovels are provided and YOU are responsible for maintaining safe walkway access to home as we will not be there to shovel for you. Sand and Snow melt is provided for you to use.
•HEAT and THERMOSTAT USE: The heat thermostat is on the wall by downstairs bathroom. You can control the heat but temperature cannot be set any higher than 72 degrees. If you need thermostat setting to be higher than 72 degrees, we can negotiate a maximum for a fee. Please turn the heat down at night and when you are away.
• Only guests listed on reservation are allowed on property without prior approval. Please be honest on the amount of ALL people and pets that will be on property either overnight or day guests. Security deposits will not be returned if more people or pets are on property then stated without prior approval. NO large gatherings or parties will be allowed.
• There are security cameras on outside of property.
Interaction with Guests
I will provide a very detailed home 'manual' with directions before arrival including a link to things in the area. I might be there to greet on your arrival or I might give you the code to get the key from a lock box. We are always a quick email or phone call away for any questions or problems.
I have two homes on Newfound Lake that are separated by trees but are adjacent properties. This log home is adjacent to my ' Vintage Cottage on Newfound Lake'. The cottage is a 1920s seasonal cottage rustic and vintage with a private sandy beach while the log home is spacious with all the modern amenities and is a year round vacation rental with shared beach rights with only one other home (not cottage). Two very different lakeside experiences side by side waterfronts.