Wine Country Estate with Spectacular Views Near Healdsburg(18 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
House, 5 Bedrooms, 4 Baths, (Sleeps 10)
The Vineyard Perch is a tastefully decorated home that is at once both large and cozy. Strategically placed on a stunning perch overlooking the vineyards of the Alexander Valley and the hillsides of Sonoma, the home is reminiscent of a country estate and comes complete with all the amenities to make your vacation getaway special. With the seasonal creek that runs through the property and feeds into the Russian River, the 8-acre parcel and its surrounding area couldn't be more perfect. 90 miles north of San Francisco and just 10 miles from Healdsburg's square, the Perch is located in the best part of Sonoma County in a little town called Geyserville. Surrounded by beautiful, serene mountain views, you are able to enjoy an escape that includes all manner of nature, including bald eagles / hawks / osprey circling overhead, horses in neighboring pastures, and foxes and wild turkeys traversing the property.
And, there is plenty of space to get away.
If you ever decide to leave the comfort of the Perch, there is something for everyone to do.
- For the wine aficionado there are an unbelievable number of great wineries within 10-12 miles that touch on all aspects: great boutique wineries (Robert Young, Hawkes), fun wineries (Meeker, Francis Ford Coppola, Unti), Zin'o'philes (Rafanelli, Ridge, Pasalaqua, Bella), Cab fans (Silver Oak, Hanna, Lancaster), Pinot (Ferrari Carano, Dutcher Crossing, Michel Schlumber), and Chardonnay (Stonestreet, Ferrari Carano, Quivera).
- For the foodies, there are all types in the spectrum from the casual to the fine dining: Dry Creek Kitchen, John Ash on the formal side, to some of our local favorites including Catelli's and Diavola in town (Geyserville), and Rustic on campus at Francis Ford Coppola.
- For the active / outdoor members of your group, we are adjacent to miles of hiking, biking, horseback riding paths, and all types of boating at Lake Sonoma.
This special property is conveniently located off highway 101 and yet feels as though it is a world away.
TOT Certification Number: 981N
Quiet Hours (10pm - 7am) to be observed by all guests
Max number of guests: 10
Maximum vehicles allowed: 5
**Please email owner to check dates...Calendar is not updated
Keywords: Estate, chateau, Geyserville, near Healdsburg, Alexander Valley, Dry Creek Valley
When you're ready to book, here are some things to keep in mind
We recommend you complete your booking on VRBO or ask the owner to send you a payment request through VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2012
- 3 story
- Chateau / Country House
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only:
- Not Suitable For Children:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- King size beds (1) The upstairs master is complete with a California King tastefully highlighted in a sleigh bedframe., Queen size Beds (3) The master on the main level is a beautifully appointed room with a queen bed and private bath. Two of the upstairs rooms are oversized with queen beds and views galore. , Twin or Single Beds (3) The fourth upstairs bedroom includes 2 twin beds. A separate room off the master on the main level includes a twin bed. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Music Library:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
This property sits on a ridge strategically located to provide views from every room in the house, even the bathrooms. Out the front of the house, the rooms all have inspirational views of the classic Sonoma hillsides. The views out the back of the house are truly majestic as they provide sweeping vistas of the Mill Creek feeding into the Russian River through the vineyards of the Alexander Valley. The sunset over the ridge-lines of the Sonoma county hills is something you will never forget. ...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
The kitchen is fully equipped with all the finest cooking and baking tools, highlighted by a Wolf range, Sub Zero fridge, and a Viking double oven. All set with beautiful granite counters and a large ...moreless
- Deck / Patio:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 6 - Feb 28, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $300
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,500
- Tax Rate 9%
Peak Rates are from April to November
Off-Peak Rates are from December to March
Cleaning Fee is $300 for weekends and $400 for weekly rates
** Days around holidays incur a $100/day premium. (New Years, Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Xmas)
Please email owner for updated calendar.
TOT Cert # 981N
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: We are a family that love the outdoors. We love getting away to the Perch and hiking, bike riding or swimming We love to cook and entertain and to have friends / family join us on our getaways. Also, we enjoy exploring the local restaurants, which has yielded some new favorites like Catelli's (absolutely amazing Italian food) and Diavola (crazy good pizza and salumi).
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
Very close to the great restaurants in Geyserville and Healdsburg and the wineries in the Dry Creek and Alexander Valleys. Even though you are within a 15 minute drive to most restaurants/wineries you feel like you are a million miles away from the hustle bustle. A true relaxing time away.
- Primary: 415-203-4336
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of the front of the house
A beautiful home in the Alexander Valley
queen bedroom facing hills
bedroom sitting area
2 twin bed with views of pool area and vineyards
Striking granite kitchen with over sized island and all the tools you need!
master suite with private deck
Eat in Breakfast room with great views
Pool with beautiful vineyard views
The kitchen has amazing views of the surrounding valleys and vineyards
Beautifully decorated Dining Room leads out to deck overlooking Alexander Valley
guest suite on main level
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, January 16, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.