The Egret is a beautiful second floor cottage with approximately 700 square feet of room. Recently fully remodeled and redecorated with views of the Gulf from the Great Room. The kitchen boasts granite counter tops with all new stainless steel appliances. The eat-in counter seats 4. Also the Great Room has a dining table, card table, Futon,(sleeps 2), comfy chair for lounging and 40" Flat screen TV. Bedroom is light and airy with view of the gulf, and includes a queen size bed and 32" flat screen TV. The cottage sleeps 4. The bathroom has a travertine stand up shower. On the second floor there is a balcony and landing for private outside seating and at ground level a semi private patio area for grilling and dining. Private washer/dryer are located on the ground level. All linens, towels, kitchen appliances and utensils plus beach chairs and beach toys are available for your use. Off street parking for one car is also available.
Cottage 1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4
- Calendar last updated:
- Dec 7, 2018
About Jennifer Altobelli
I'm a pediatric dentist in Rochester, NY. My second career is designing, building and renovating homes.
Jennifer Altobelli purchased this Cottage in 2000
Why Jennifer Altobelli chose Clearwater Beach
The BEST BEACH in the world. We are away from the tourist hub, so we have a lot of privacy... but we are within a few moments walk to all the fun...great restaurants, fun bars & Pier 60.
What makes this Cottage unique
1920's Old Florida Cottage, with brand new amenities...what couldn't be better..
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Clean, modern and very cosy!
Great place to stay, ideal location and the cottage itself was beautiful. We would love to come back and stay again!
We had wonderful time in very clean and comfortable cottage. We had there everything what we needed and the best thing was the walking distance to the beach. We definitely recommend this place and we also back soon.
Perfect Weekend Getaway!
Me and some good girlfriends were looking for an easy Labor Day weekend getaway to get some sun and beach time. The egret was the perfect place! Chairs, beach towels, laundry - everything we needed. There is even a delicious pizza place right across the street. Jenn was very helpful for any questions we had. Clearwater is beautiful and the beach area right outside is quiet with beautiful walks in either direction. We will be back!
Perfect intro to Clearwater Beach
* Easy self check in & out process via lockbox
* Location: 5 minute walk to the beach at end of the street, which as others have pointed out, is at the quieter north-end of Clearwater Beach, but close enough to the pier (5 min drive, 15 min walk on the beach); mini-marts are 5 min away and Publix is 10 min away
* Convenient beach chairs, umbrella, inner tube, pails, etc., though some will need to be replaced soon
* Outdoor shower came in very handy; had no idea how much I'd love it (note - it's designated for the cottage but neighbors can still see you, so it's not exactly private)
* Outdoor grill in the semi-private courtyard, which I would have used if I was staying longer
* Kitchen windows open and have nice partial view of the coast (bedroom as well)
* Kitchen also VERY well stocked with cookware, dinnerware, utensils, even salt & pepper
* Lots of very nice little touches
-- bottled water in the fridge
-- starter pods for dish washing and laundry
-- notebook with restaurant and sight seeing recommendations
-- one of the electrical outlets in the kitchen has USB ports
-- the well-designed bathroom shower has its own lighting
-- Cottonelle moist wipes in the bathroom!
-- plenty of rows of hooks to hang as many things as you need
-- previous guests, including myself, left plenty of sunscreen
* Stairs -- there are really 2 sets -- one set to enter the cottage (pictured), and another once you're inside (not pictured). I got used to them, but it's just something to consider if you have joint problems.
* Parking -- this wasn't an issue for me since I was by myself, but there's only 1 dedicated parking space; so if you've got 2 vehicles, one has to park elsewhere
Perfect location! A slice of heaven.
My husband, son, and I just stayed at the Egret Cottage. I have nothing but good things to say about this lovely place. The cottage itself is just so clean and pretty. It was the perfect size for us. The ocean view from the kitchen and bedroom windows was perfect! The balcony was much appreciated! The beach equipment provided was great. The location could not be better! You are literally steps from the beach and within easy walking distance to great restaurants, bars, etc. It's so nice to be on the north end of Clearwater Beach away from the super busy south end....but close enough to get to that action if you want! The trolley stops literally steps from the cottage if you want easy transportation. Jenn was super easy to work with and so accommodating to anything we needed. She made check in and out smooth and even recommended a great service to get us to and from the airport. Her cleaning staff was so sweet and accommodating as well. I cannot say enough good things about our stay!!! We cannot wait to get back to Clearwater Beach!
The perfect beach cottage in a perfect location
Very comfortable cottage with great access to the beach. Super clean and had everything we needed for a great visit..