Your North Woods experience starts when you drive down our private road, surrounded by forest, to a picturesque view of the largest lake in the area (house faces west for breath taking year long sunsets and lake views three miles long).
Located on beautiful Big St. Germain Lake, this nicely furnished 1,800 sq. ft. private home with the rare find of level lake front access and screened in porch is perfect for family fun. The rental includes its own large pier for all your water toys (i.e., pontoon boats, ski boats, etc), outdoor shower to rinse off after lake activity, and priceless views of our resident Eagle. The quiet serene surroundings offer a perfect getaway in the heart of the North Woods - and conveniently located 20 minutes from Eagle River or Minocqua, we are in the center of it all.
Aerie Lake is a fully furnished vacation home. Whether you plan on staying for a few days or a few weeks, the rental and surrounding grounds have everything you need to feel right at home. Listed below are some of the many amenities available to our guests:
*Rare find of level frontage with sand bottom & shallow access to the lake for great swimming.
* Lakeside log-built, 3 person swing for enjoying breathtaking sunsets from the privacy of your own shoreline.
* 200 feet of private lake frontage.
* Secluded lake home with 7+ acres of property.
* Professionally built campfire pit.
* Large pier with bench, with many bumpers for your valuable boat.
* Outdoor shower to rinse off after lake activity.
* Enjoy breathtaking sunsets all year long.
* Screened-in porch with hammock.
* 42' High-Definition, LCD flat screen T.V. and Blueray/DVD player.
* Wi-Fi (18 MB download, which is the highest available from Frontier)
* Gourmet double oven for family eat in dinners. You won't want to leave to go out, you might miss a spectacular sunset.
* Eat in on our huge screened in porch (no bugs), or dining room for a family sit down dinner.
* 2 showers, 2 full baths.
* New bathroom with marble tile and granite sink.
* Family room furniture and carpet, very comfy.
* Handbook of our favorite places will be there when you arrive.
* Large family size stainless steel fridge and cooking utensils and pots, perfect for the gourmet cook.
* Large microwave oven and toaster oven. Great for quick meals before an outing.
* Instantaneous hot water heater - great for not running out of hot water.
* Big St. Germain Lake was voted one of the top ten muskie lakes in Wisconsin.
* Big St. Germain Lake provides 1600 acres of water pleasure - enjoy swimming, boating, skiing, tubing or water crafting.
* Local nature trails out our back door.
* Bald Eagles will cruise shoreline in the Spring, Summer and Fall.
* Boat and snowmobile rentals in town.
* Aeries Lake is on the East side of the lake and gets a breeze pretty much every day. This keeps you cooler in the summer and prevents bugs. You will be amazed at the difference this makes!
* Connected to largest network of snowmobile trails in the U.S.A.
* Mountain bike trail systems and single track riding.
* Blue Ribbon trout fishing minutes away from your door.
* Take a ride in your boat over to a restaurant on the lake.
* Fuel service on the lake (Premium and Pre-mix).
* Cross-country ski out our back door, or go to local 'secret spots' under owners picks.
* Wildlife all around you.
* Big St. Germain provides access to Lake Content, Fawn Lake & Lost Creek.
* All summer & winter activities are accessible from your door.
Why stay at our house?
* It’s our family’s vacation home and we’re proud of it. Limited to 8 rental weeks per year, our vacation home is well maintained and in excellent condition. It’s not an over-used, broken-down investment property which is part of an over populated area.
* In addition to 200 feet of lake frontage, our property includes 6 acres of forest for hiking and nature watching.
* Go green and $ave. We’re green and pass the savings to our clients’. High-efficiency furnace with HEPA filter, instantaneous hot water heater, energy efficient refrigerator, and a Chemical free lawn!
* Our home is hypoallergenic. One of our family members is allergic to pets and under no circumstance are pets allowed.
* Since it’s our favorite vacation destination, we continue to make improvements to complement the North Woods experience.
*2019: Project underway to add a 4th bedroom that will be ready for 2019 season!
*2018: New shoremaster pier with large loading area (20' x 4') and seating.
*2017: New furnace with natural gas, central air-conditioning, and germicidal whole-home air purification system (Model: Carrier Infinity Air Purifier). It uses Captures and Kills technology to trap up to 95% of pathogens down to .30 micron in size, then uses an electrical charge to kill or inactive them.
*2018: A few new windows, some new paint, etc.
*2017: Shoremaster pier that is 120' long with a 8' x 20' loading area, bench and ladder.
*2017: New bunkbeds with railings on both sides.
*2016: New exhaust fans in both bathrooms.
*2016: New lighting in screened in porch
*2015: Updated kitchen and laundry room lighting.
*2014: Master bathroom remodel.
*2013: Double oven, campfire pit with large rocks, internet (wifi), house painted.
*2012: High-definition, 42” LCD flat screen TV, Blue Ray Player, stainless steel microwave, dual-oven, new carpet, new roof.
(in other words, we continue to make improvements...)
* Town of St. Germain is only 5 minutes away. Our local grocery store is brand new and has everything you need and more.
* The St. Germain area features year round recreation with excellent fishing, cross country skiing, hunting, hiking, camping, and more! St. Germain offers a variety of restaurants, recreational opportunities, and fun.
* The premier northern Wisconsin vacation destination, St. Germain is in the heart of Wisconsin's Northwoods surrounded by 1,300 lakes, Chequamegon National Forest, Nicolet National Forest, and more.
Thanks in advance for taking care of it! Your “TLC” is very much appreciated.