|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
$2500/Month - Already LEASED 2016-2017 Ski Season
Located on a quiet cul de sac at the end of the road, with National Forest on two sides. The setting is truly serene... the only sounds you'll hear are the birds singing and the wind in the tall pines. Imagine soaking in the hot tub staring up at the stars or at the lovely forest view. Ideal location for your family Tahoe holiday with hiking, mountain biking and snow play just out the door. Yet, very close to Hwy 267 for a short trip to Northstar and only a mile to one of the best white sand beaches at Kings Beach State Park.
This large 2400 sq. foot home has a two car garage and a nice open floor plan in the great room. Upstairs is the main living space with high ceilings, large windows to take in the forest view. There is plenty of seating, a brand new 40 inch plasma TV, and a big wood burning stove to keep you toasty. The large family kitchen is ideal for creating a feast for the whole gang, with a breakfast bar that seats three and tons of counter space.
There are two bedrooms on this main living level, both with queen beds, a guest bath and a large master bedroom with a new TV and a en suite bath with dual sinks and glass block shower.
Downstairs there are two more bedrooms, one with a king bed and one with two twins and a trundle bed. These bedrooms are connected with a jack and jill bath with tub/shower combo and two sinks.
Whether you seek fun in the summer sun and walking around downtown Kings Beach or a convenient location for skiing at Northstar California Resort, this home will offer a perfect setting for your Lake Tahoe adventure with family or friends. One of Tahoe's best white sand beaches, Kings Beach State Park is just minutes away. The perfect multiple family get-away. Plenty of room for everyone... even the family dog. One dog welcome with $100 pet fee
Wells and Bennett Realtors
Coming with young children, here's what I appreciated:
1) The lovely decor didn't include too many break-ables, YAY!
2) I was able to just sit and enjoy the view from the deck, looking out into the forest and walking trails because the house came with baby-gates so I could enjoy the scenery knowing my kids couldn't wander off the deck, another YAY!
3) There were books and games there, YAY again!
4) Good sound proofing between rooms so I didn't have to worry about my kid waking the whole family up when she started crying because she got her head stuck UNDER the bed somehow in the middle of the night, more YAY (Please note: no children were harmed during this incident.. In fact, she slept through the whole thing somehow... 3-year olds are kinda crazy that way)
5) Amazing walks right from the back porch. We didn't make it too far, but playing leap frog on all the stumps and had a blast. The walk over to the park is probably a better bike, or stroller, ride for young kids.
6) Space and lots of it. Space to play, space to read books, space to wrestle, carpeted stairs to (quietly) run up and slide down. Even when we didn't all go out, the kids were still able to get out their wiggles without driving everybody crazy.
7) Big dining room table with enough space for the kids and adults to sit together so the kids really got to be a part of the family sharing time as we shared highlights of the week and gratitude for our time together. (There is a separate table for the times that you'd like less sharing.)
8) In summary, probably one of the better places I've stayed for stress-free accommodation for families with younger children. You'll love it!
This place was so great!! Beautiful rustic decor, prime location, at the end of the road, with no traffic driving by, at the beginning of trails in the woods.
My family has rented many places for our annual family get-together, and this is by far the most thoughtfully set up space I've seen. Each space for sleeping or hanging out, or storage space or surface areas are just really well thought out and functional, as well as beautiful.
The extra fridge/freezers in the garage really helped our large family in the food department, and the grill was great. Parking multiple vehicles is super easy. The lake and shops are nearby.
Hot tub deck is super bonus, as is the dog allowance!
Also the place just feels good, you can tell people have put time and care into the space, in a way that really invites you to feel at home in it.
If the idea of a full week immersion with your in-laws in a cabin scares you, let me assure you, this is the cabin for you. When family becomes overwhelming, you can find space in this large house to get some "me time," take some breaths and carry on. I recommend the garage on a hot summer day. They'll never find you there. If your large family is literally inundating every room of this spacious cabin, you can walk out the back door and there you are, in a gorgeous wooded magical forest. Follow the miles of trails to peaceful tranquility. It is AMAZING!
All joking aside, our family had a wonderful time in this cabin. The large open living area and adjacent kitchen make it really easy to hang out without excluding those saints cooking in the kitchen. We were drooling all over the big beautiful fridge and modern appliances. All the bedrooms are roomy with a fun decor. 3 bathrooms are definitely a plus! Even with a big group, there's not much waiting around to use the loo.
Lastly, and most importantly is the pinball machine. Be warned, it is addicting and you will revert to your former teenager self as you reminisce of your days in the arcade. Super duper FUN!!
This was my first time using VRBO and I have to say it was such a simple and efficient process. The property managers were very friendly, helpful and quick to answer any questions I had. The house was perfect and very quiet! It was just what I was looking for in a vacation get away. All the rooms were large, very clean and had great bedding (may need some better pillows). The living room was large with lots of place to hangout. The hot tub was fantastic! I loved being outside in nature. Great walks and time playing in the snow. I would definitely recommend this rental and I will definitely be back very soon.
We have stayed at this cabin twice and love it! One year we made a huge snow cave in the snow left by the snow plow, and the other we stayed in the summer and slept out on the deck one night to watch the stars.
The beds are comfy and there are plenty of them. The deck is lovely and the view from the hot tub is peaceful. The living room windows look out into the forest and you can't see another house. Being at the end of the road really makes you feel like you are in an isolated cabin in the woods.
The kitchen is well equipped and comfortable, cooks talk easily with people sitting at the counter or the table. Large table for family dinners. Very comfy large window seat, and cozy couches to read or nap.
A short jaunt through the Forest and you end up on a trail that leads to a great park. It was a short walk on this trail to sledding! We also spent a lot of time playing in the back of the house and finding the treasures of nature.
We hope to return!