About the property
- Estate2500 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay1 - 3 nights
A private 20-acre Sonoma vineyard estate belonging to Roche Winery
The Roche Winery Vineyard Retreat is nestled among their 20-acre vineyard estate in the Carneros Appelation, just 5 miles from downtown Sonoma - a mere 10 minute drive. This 3-bedroom, 2 ½ bath, large ranch home boasts a view from every room. Whether it’s the Chardonnay or Pinot Noir vineyards, the lush vegetable garden and fruit trees, the landscaped grounds or the always inviting pool and hot tub, you’ll enjoy relaxing at this private escape.
Located near a major thoroughfare, the home is just minutes from historic Sonoma Plaza and more than 50 Sonoma, Carneros, and Napa wineries. You will also find dozens of restaurants, historic sites, hiking trails, bike paths, spas, galleries, shops and event facilities a short drive away. Plan to spend your day enjoying the fruits of the Sonoma Valley knowing you’ll return to a quiet and very private country retreat. You can start by relaxing near one of the two indoor fireplaces or maybe enjoy some stargazing at the outside fire pit; or take a dip in the large hot tub or solar-heated pool while watching a game on the outdoor television; maybe cook up a gourmet meal in the spacious kitchen or fire up the grill for a simple barbeque; then eat al fresco next to the pool or enjoy your meal in the enclosed outdoor dining area. Live it up ‘wine country style’ at our home.
The ranch home features an open floor plan combining the family room, casual dining area and well-equipped kitchen, in the main entry you will find a large formal dining and living room and down the hallway are two queen bedrooms and a master king suite.
The casual family room shares an open floor plan with the kitchen and a small dining area. A plush couch and love seat provide ample seating to watch the 55 inch television so you won’t miss a show or game. Or maybe the day or evening turned chilly which means it’s time to light up a fire and snuggle into the couch for some tv time. Perhaps you’d rather play some tunes on the sound system while you prepare the evening’s meal in the roomy kitchen just steps from the vegetable garden. The well equipped kitchen, with granite counter tops and large central island, provides plenty of space for family and friends to cook together or for a hired private chef to prepare your gourmet meal.
Maybe you’re more interested in a formal space to relax and dine? Then use the stately combined living room and formal dining area featuring a grand piano and wall-to-wall hardwood flooring. Light a fire in the living room to enjoy your pre-dinner wine or cocktails while lounging in the comfortable couches. Turn on the inset television to find a music channel to set the mood or maybe someone will play the piano for a little entertainment. Conclude the evening with a gourmet meal at the large dining table with enough seating for 10 people.
All of the bedrooms look onto the sizable back yard, grand redwood trees and vineyards. Two of the bedrooms house queen beds with soft linens and ample closets to store your traveling gear; they share a tiled bath. The master suite, with king bed and a private full bath, opens to the pool patio and front landscaped yard. The home comfortably sleeps 6 people, with a stow-away twin bed and hide-away twin bed in the family room ottoman for two extra sleeping spots.
• The Roche Family happily provides the freshest of seasonal fruits and vegetables to their guests. The property is home to a season vegetable garden and multiple fruit trees: fig, pear, apple, plum, peach and avocado.
• The front yard houses the pool and hot tub, outdoor gas fire pit, hammock under covered eave, outdoor dining area near the pool, pool chaise lounges, enclosed dining area, Weber charcoal bbq. The backyard deck with lounge and dining area overlooks the vineyards and vegetable garden.
• Bird watchers will be entertained by the many wild birds including California quail, mourning doves, Eurasian doves, humming birds, mocking birds, numerous finches and a variety of hawks.
• The house offers wifi and three (3) flat screen televisions, one (1) outdoor flat screen television near the hot tub and pool. A washer and dryer are available for use.
• History lovers should visit the historic Sonoma Plaza with California mission and state historic land marks and the nearby Depot Park Museum and General Vallejo’s Home for a touch of local history.
• For the shoppers in the group, visit all of the shops and boutiques on and surrounding the Plaza then take a break at one of the delis, restaurants or tasting rooms – including Roche Winery’s tasting room.
• To fill your table with fresh produce head over to the Sonoma Farmer’s Market that operates seasonally from May to September, each Tuesday evening beginning at 4:30 pm in Sonoma Plaza, and year round at Depot Park every Friday morning, from 9 am to 12:30 pm.
• For art lovers, visit the Sonoma Valley Museum of Art in downtown Sonoma or head out to the Di Rosa Preserve – just across Hwy 12 from Domaine Carneros – with their outstanding collection of California contemporary art.
• Any nature lover will enjoy visiting one of the numerous hiking trails and nature preserves around the Sonoma Valley in the Sonoma Regional Park or Sugarloaf Ridge State Park. Or maybe walk through some local nature preserves at the Overlook Trail and Montini Preserve.
• For wine touring and tasting you can hop on a bike rented from a local shop or work with a tour or limousine company for the hassle free option of hiring a designated driver.
Sonoma County TOT Certificate #1374N
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
About Carrie Roche
We are a small production family-owned and operated winery in Sonoma. Founders, Joseph and Genevieve, settled in Sonoma over 40 years ago and have been in the wine industry for 35 years. Today the second generation is operating the winery and property.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
The perfect vacation home!
I stayed at Carrie's home for a girls weekend in September and we absolutely loved this home. It was so cozy and the outdoor area was perfect for us. The house is well stocked and Carrie even supplied travel toiletries for us in all the bathrooms. Our only complaint was the home had no air conditioning. It was very, very warm our last night there, so none of us slept comfortable that night. Worth including that Carrie made sure each room had a fan though. Other than that, the house was perfect!! Would definitely stay here again.
Peaceful weekend in the wine country
Had a wonderful weekend at Roche winery vrbo. Got to celebrate a birthday with friends. We all enjoyed a quiet relaxing stay, swimming in the pool, reading a book and enjoying a glass of wine together. House is very well stocked especially the kitchen. Lots of places to enjoy a meal wether inside or outdoors. Enjoyed sitting around the fire pit in the evenings. Look forward to coming back!
Perfect weekend in Wine Country
We (3 couples) enjoy coming to Sonoma every year and this was our first time staying at the beautiful Roche Estate.
The property is beautiful. We love how the grounds are so well manicured and maintained. The pool is warm and relaxing. The fire pit, barbecue and screened outdoor seating area are perfect for enjoying the wonderful weather.
The house is comfortable and inviting. Carrie was there to greet us and show us around. The kitchen cabinets are well labeled and organized so home cooking is fun and convenient. We had a restful stay!
To top it off, we enjoyed the Roche tasting room right in Sonoma Square! We definitely recommend stopping by!
We would love to come back again next year!
The perfect retreat to reunion with friends
My husband and I stayed at this home with a few friends over Memorial weekend. It was a beautiful setting to relax and enjoy time out in the garden and by the pool. The kitchen is set up nicely to hang out around the island and it is situated on the opposite end of the house from the bedrooms, so those sleeping in don't hear a thing. We truly enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this home. It's a quick Uber or car ride into Sonoma as well.
Totally amazing stay, beautiful house, well accommodated - fantastic
The property is amazing, great experience!
Comfortable home and beautiful property
We stayed in this home with 8 women for a girls weekend and had a wonderful time. The home was comfortable with large living areas and bedrooms. The owner was very hospitable and everything we needed was supplied and labeled -- including toiletries and kitchen items. The grounds of the home were beautiful -- gorgeous pool, gardens, and vineyards surround the home. The location was also great -- close to downtown Sonoma and an easy drive to other areas. Highly recommend!
Book a complimentary tasting at your host's Sonoma winery! The Roche family is pleased to offer a complimentary tasting for all of their guests at their Roche Estate Vineyard Retreat. Join us at our popular downtown Sonoma Tasting Room, where we we offer tasting of 14 different varieties of wines at our indoor or outdoor tasting bars overlooking the Sonoma Square.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
HOLIDAYS: 4 night minimum, Inquire about pricing 50% IS DUE TO BOOK DATES 50% IS DUE 60 PRIOR TO START OF RENTAL PERIOD $325 CLEANING FEE, NO EXCEPTIONS. WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS.