This is not your standard rental with outdated design or IKEA furniture and misleading photos. The Turret House is a two story historic property located on a large corner lot in Portland's most beautiful Eastside neighborhood (Irvington) and surrounded by stunning homes and tree-canopied streets. 3 blocks away are some of Portland’s favorite restaurants, bars, coffee shops, bookstores, grocers, and cannabis dispensaries. Your private unit has been meticulously updated, while maintaining its Spanish Californian architecture and open, circular floor plan – see floor plan in photos. My partner and I are both designers and we’ve worked hard to blend tradition and modern simplicity so you have a unique travel experience.
Enter the two-story turret through an original 3-inch thick solid tongue & groove door with original wrought iron framing. The turret is brilliantly accented by a solid brass Moroccan Ceiling light that projects geometric light patterns on the walls at night. The custom etched, leaded glass windows of the turret also reflect a full spectrum of colors in the sun.
You walk up a spiral staircase with a classic wrought iron railing and enter your 2nd floor, 2,000 square-foot flat. The unit is HUGE and is surrounded by more than 30 original, single-paned window bays that offer tree house views of deciduous and evergreen from every room. Original oak floors throughout, original white hex tile in the bathroom, lath & plaster walls, tall ceilings, built-in cubbies, and arched doorways make the unit feel like you’re in Spain a century ago. Each room is extremely spacious and well-appointed with a combination of American Heritage and Mid-Century Modern furniture. The furniture, beautiful indoor plants, and architecture create a unique experience that blends current and timeless design.
- 1 giant master bedroom with new queen bed, flat screen TV with Apple TV, double closet, oversized reading chair & lamp, beautiful rugs, and a stunning walnut credenza.
- 1 spacious guest bedroom with new queen bed & solid wood heritage furniture
- 1 giant bathroom with full bath tub, built-in mirror/medicine closet, and original hex tile floor
- Huge living room with a large, stocked fireplace, very tall ceilings, new long chez lounge sofa, stereo, and work table + chairs
- Huge dining room and table for 8 – ideal for dinner parties
- Breakfast nook overlooking back yard
- Fully stocked kitchen with everything you need – range, hood, microwave, toaster, cooktop, large sink, dishwasher, and loads of pots, pans, knives, and basic condiments
- Laundry room with washer, dryer, and folding table/diaper change station
- Private rear stairwell to backyard
- Ample, safe parking immediately in front of property
The front yard and back yard are shared spaces (with other guests/residents). The jasmine-filled, covered patio in the back yard features a Weber gas BBQ and dining table for 6. Adirondack Chairs, an outdoor fire pit, and a double Hammock offer options for star gazing and sun-bathing.
OTHER UNIT FEATURES:
- Fully stocked fireplace
- Air Conditioning
- Beautiful art in every room
- Flatscreen TV with Apple TV
- Loads of daylight and tree views from each room
- Fully stocked kitchen with everything you need to throw a large dinner party
- Connected laundry room with washer & dryer
- Private stairwell to back yard
- Original 1920's hex tile in bathroom with full bathtub
- High ceilings with Spanish style arches and lath & plaster walls throughout
- Ample parking immediately in front of property
The space is a 18 min taxi from the airport. Its also 2 miles from downtown Portland and less than a mile from the Convention Center and Moda Center. Nike’s shared bike system is 5 short blocks away. MAX is 1 mile away. Busses are 3 blocks away. Most guests use Lyft or rent a car.
Irvington is one of the country's largest historic neighborhoods and is centrally located for Eastside Culture while offering quick access to downtown via Broadway Ave. Irving Park is a 10 min walk from the house.