Sand Crab is an original small beach box raised to meet higher tides...The cottage is semi-oceanfront with views from the front deck and screened porch. Ideal for small families and couples. We are 75 footsteps from our north beach access and 100 footsteps from our south beach access-fabulous, open beaches with famous surf fishing and boarding opportunities!
Elite Amenities include:
* Linens provided: beds made on arrival
* Day use of oceanfront, exclusive pool at Koru Village (includes snack and tiki bars, lounge chairs and tables, changing areas, direct beach access)
* Unlimited use of famous Avon Pier for fishing and sightseeing
* Unlimited access to the fitness center/gym and yoga and wellness groups at Spa Koru (includes popular yoga on the beach and lawn)
* Unlimited WiFi
* "starter kit" of paper goods and cleaners
* Bikes for use (as available)
* 24 hour maintenance and emergency assistance available
The cottage offers two queen bedrooms (new mattresses in both), a full bathroom, and a combination living/kitchen and dining area. The kitchen provides upgraded appliances and all basic cooking needs. Our living area includes a large screen TV w/ cable, DVD, radio/CD player, and DVD and book libraries. Multiple board games in house.
The cottage boasts beautiful hardwood floors throughout, an upgraded kitchen, comfortable furnishings, and quality linens (provided).
The screened porch offers ocean view and bug-free lounging. Dining for four is included. Additional outdoor seating and lounging is available on the side deck (new deck furniture) and back yard patio--which includes a fishing cleaning station, charcoal grill, and chairs.
The ground level includes a large outdoor shower with hot and cold water and changing and sittings areas, laundry room with new appliances and storage, and under-home parking for two. Extras include beach gear: toys, umbrella, chairs, beach cart and boogie boards.
Located at the north end of Avon, Sand Crab is within walking/biking/driving distance to many local amenities and attractions. Avon also boasts an excellent biking trail along Route 12 to make 2-wheel adventures easy. Travelers with 4x4 vehicles can access beach roads at open ramps with purchase of park vehicle permits (at Bodie Island or Hatteras Lighthouse).
Note: Rental week is Saturday to Saturday. Check-in by 4PM. Guests are welcome to park and enjoy the beach while waiting for check-in. Check-out is 10AM.
For beach-lovers, swimmers, boarders, and shell-seekers: Enjoy a quick walk over the dune to the gorgeous Avon beach for miles of beach leisure and activities or lounge at the oceanfront pool at Koru Village.
For Fishers: The island offers a variety of world famous fishing options and we love them all! Owners are happy to provide guests with local tips, info about license needs and tours, and fishing updates on request. Whether you prefer surf fishing (across the dune from house), pier fishing (unlimited access to Avon Pier included w/ cottage), head boat or charter fishing ("Wicked Tuna" hails from Oregon Inlet), Hatteras Island offers it all. (See "Distances to Attractions below for access info) All rental seasons are great fishing seasons!
For the Adventure-Seeker: Guests love local opportunities to rent kayaks, paddleboards, surfboards, SUPs, and canoes; participate in guided nature and water tours; horse back through the woods to the beach; climb the Hatteras Lighthouse; parasail; and daytrip to Ocracoke, Nags Head, and Corova.
For the Family: Beyond the beach, take a ferry ride to Ocracoke; sail a kite or two; go mini-golfing (Avon or Frisco); eat ice-cream; run a go-kart (Frisco); craft at the local workshops; let kids play on our screened, lockable porch. Consider a memorable daytrip for any interests.
For the Romantics: Light a beach bonfire; take in a concert at Koru Village; savor a unique seafood dinner; relax with a massage; sit on our porch and watch the stars.
Distance to Attractions/Favorite Sites:
* Beach Access= 75 footsteps
* Dining/Restaurants= 1/8 mile (easy walk to ice cream shop, new muffin/bagel shop, restaurant/bar)
* Kayak/board rentals= 1/8 mile (easy walk)
* Wine shop and gift stores= 1/8 mile (easy walk)
* Oceanfront pool at Koru Village (included for guests)=1 mile
* Avon Pier (included use for guests)= 1 mile
* Spa Koru and fitness center (included gym/classes for guests)= 1 mile
* Grocery (full service Food Lion)=2 miles
* Off Road Driving (closet ramp north to Ramp 34)=1 mile
* Haulover (world class kiteboarding plus swimming and clamming on the soundside)= 4 miles
* Oregon Inlet Fishing Center (charter fishing, head boats, off-road access for fishing/swimming/clamming)=40 miles
* Infamous "the Point" fishing Buxton fishing area=10 miles
* Hatteras Ferry (to Ocracoke Island)= 20 miles
* Nags Head, NC (shopping, entertainment, restaurants)= 45 miles
* Manteo (NC Aquarium, Lost Colony, Elizabethan Gardens, pirate cruises, Island Farm)=50 miles
* OBX Winery/Outer Banks Brewery= one hour drive
* H2OBX (new waterpark)=one 1/2 hour drive
DEPOSIT/PAYMENT: A deposit of 50% of the rental rate is required at the time of booking (guests are welcome to pay in full at time of reservation). The remaining balance must be paid no less than 60 days prior to check-in. Guests that do not pay the remainder balance on time will have reservations canceled and will not be refunded initial deposit. For reservations within 60 days of booking, full payment is required at booking.
60 DAY CANCELLATION POLICY: Deposits are fully refundable up to 60 days before the start of your reservation. Within 60 days of the start of your reservation, you are responsible for the full cost of the reservation. While we understand that emergencies happen, the reason for the cancellation does not change or refund policy. There are NO weather related refunds, except for the case of mandatory evacuation. If you are concerned that you may not be able to keep your reservation, we recommend travel insurance. Please look online for the best travel insurance for you.
RATES: All listed rates are based on a maximum 4 person occupancy. Rental week is Saturday to Saturday.
DAMAGE PROTECTION: Applicable refunds are issued within 7 days of checkout.
AGE REQUIREMENTS: Guests of all ages are welcome at our cottage. However, the responsible party must be a minimum of 25 years of age. This person must be the one to assume responsibility for the property and staying at the property for the duration of the rental period.
FIREWORKS POLICY: While on vacation you may see or hear other visitors setting off fireworks; however, please note that ALL fireworks are illegal in our (Dare) county. If caught, you will receive a substantial county fine. This is an important law that protects us from home and brush fires that are occur easily during the dry months. Any use of fireworks on Sand Crab property will result in immediate eviction with No Refund.