About the property
- House2000 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 4 nights
House, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 8)
Sleeps 8...hot tub...fireplace...two decks...spectacular views...beach access...high-speed wireless internet...and more...
Fitch Mountain Lookout is a fantastic 2000 square foot vacation home perched on the south side (the sunny side!) of Fitch Mountain in Healdsburg. We have a full kitchen, three bedrooms, two full bathrooms, a double-sized living room, a dining room, an office area, and two decks. Enjoy outdoor dining on the main deck beside the kitchen, or relax in the hot tub on the second deck. All rooms have spectacular views over the Russian River valley.
We are 2 miles (5 minute drive) from the Healdsburg town square. We are a few minutes walk to the river and a semi-private beach for swimming. We are located in a beautiful rural neighborhood and frequently see deer, eagles, and osprey from the decks.
The double-sized living room features a 12-foot picture window that provides a spectacular view of the valley. The living room has cathedral ceilings, a gas fireplace, and ample room for relaxing and entertaining. We provide a widescreen TV with basic cable, a home theater surround sound system, and a DVD/MP3/CD player. You can connect your MP3 player or laptop player directly to the home theater system for great sounding music. Warm by the fire on one of the two leather LA-Z-BOY recliners or enjoy the view from the sofa in front of the large picture window.
• Double-sized living room with cathedral ceilings
• Huge picture window
• Gas fireplace
• Cable TV
• Surround sound system
• DVD/CD/MP3 player
• Books, board games
• Ceiling fan
The fully-equipped kitchen and dining room adjoin the living room to create a wonderfully bright and open space for entertaining. French doors lead from the kitchen onto the upper deck which has a large gas BBQ and dining furniture for 8 guests.
• Gas stove/oven
• Plumbed water filter
• French press Bodems, automatic coffee maker (with filters), blender, toaster
• Sharp gourmet kitchen knives
• Cookware and utensils
• French doors to upper deck with BBQ and patio table
• Sleeps 8
• Main bedroom - queen bed
• Green room - double bed
• Leaf room - queen bed
• Living room - double futon
MAIN BEDROOM: The large, bright main bedroom is perched above the living room. It has a pillow-top queen bed, cathedral ceilings, and a stunning valley-view bay window. It also has two comfortable armchairs for reading, a writing desk, and speakers for for use with MP3 player or Laptop. Window air conditioner. Ceiling fan.
GREEN ROOM: This comfortable room has a double bed with a pillow-top mattress. Wake up to the valley view and step through the patio doors onto the lower deck with the hot tub and bistro table. Also equipped with speakers for for use with MP3 player or Laptop. Ceiling fan.
LEAF ROOM: This inviting suite has a charming platform queen bed. Relax with a book on the sofa or step through the patio doors onto the lower deck with the hot tub and bistro table. Also equipped with speakers for for use with MP3 player or Laptop. Ceiling fan.
• Green bathroom - shower
• Yellow bathroom - shower/tub combination (with a view if you are over 5'7').
• High-speed WiFi Internet accessible throughout house
• Large, functional desk
• Guest library
• Clothes washer and dryer
• Upper deck: large gas BBQ, patio tables and chairs, seats 8. Access the upper deck from both the kitchen and the living room.
• Lower Deck: Hot tub, breakfast table, and views of the valley. Deer regularly walk right past this deck. The deck is directly accessible from the lower bedrooms.
• Window air conditioner in main bedroom
• Ceiling fans in all bedrooms and living room
• Portable fans
• Child play pen with bassinet
• Ironing board, iron
• Hair dryer
• Local telephone
• Parking for four small cars or three large cars
• 5 min drive to plaza
• 3 min drive to Healdsburg golf course
• 5 min walk to beach: The beach that you can see from the house is a few minutes walk away. A second beach is a 10-15 minute walk upstream. The current runs from the far beach back to the beach at the house - perfect for floating back to the house in an inner tube!
POLICIES (In compliance with Sonoma County Regulations)
• The maximum number of overnight guests (excluding children under 3) is 8.
• Parking for 4 small cars or 3 large cars.
• Quiet hours are 10pm to 7am.
• The hot tub and decks may not be used between 10pm and 7am.
• No outdoor amplified sound (radio, music etc) at any time.
• No one other than registered guests may be on the property without prior written approval.
• Non-overnight guests may not be on the property during quiet hours.
• No smoking anywhere on the property, indoors or outdoors.
• No open flames or candles anywhere on the property, indoors or outdoors.
• The person renting this home must be a responsible adult of at least 25 yrs of age, and must be one of the overnight guests for the entire rental period.
• Transient Occupancy Tax number 551N
• Vacation Rental Permit Number ZPE11-0207
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Comfortable and fun for a girls weekend
We enjoyed our stay At Fitch Mountain Lookout. We arrived after dark which was a little challenging to find the property. (Follow the property owner's directions and not google maps!) Once we arrived, we found the home to be clean and very accommodating to our needs. The beds were comfortable and it had everything we needed. The hot tub was fantastic and the commute into town was quick. We also enjoyed lounging in the comfortable furniture in front of the picture window. The lay out of the home is different than what some may expect. There is a loft with a bed which is comfortable and cozy but it is 2 levels above the bathrooms both of which are downstairs. This may be a consideration for those with mobility issues. For us, it was not a problem. We had some issues with the heater which were resolved and would recommend updating the stove. Also, we were disappointed that we didn't have a better view of the Creek and that it was not easy to access. That was a bit deceiving from the pictures. All in all, it was a very nice, clean home and we enjoyed our stay. We also enjoyed the town of Healdsburg and would return.
Stephen was great and Victoria was a gracious and responsful host. I would highly recommend the property. The view was breathtaking and proximity to town was convenient.
We loved the view!
Upon entering the home was very clean, but in need of update. All furnishing were outdated and well used. We enjoyed the patio view very much as well as the jacuzzi. Whoever stays on the top floor will need to walk down two flights of steep narrow stairs to get to the restroom. Owner was very kind and accommodating. We enjoyed our visit.
Great location, home in need of TLC
The house is in a perfect location for those looking to stay close to Healdsburg and wonderful wineries. Unfortunately the accommodations were not up to standard. The first night we arrived the heat was broken and once repaired took an entire night for the house to heat up. Kitchenware, grill, washer and carpet were broken/dirty. Accommodations felt worn. Maintenance crew was helpful, but I spent a good part of the first two days troubleshooting via text message instead of enjoying time with family that I rarely get to see.
Scenic and comfortable for three couples!
The views are spectacular and we enjoyed the hot tub. This was a great house for three couples enjoying Healdsburg and the surrounding wine country and felt extremely private despite neighbors on either side. Be aware one couple must be comfortable in a full bed and another okay with going down two stair flights to the bathroom. But the place was spacious, comfortable, and well stocked. Location is easy to find and Uber accessible. I would stay here again!
Wonderful, well-managed vacation home
Fitch Mountain Lookout (FML) was a great vacation home for our family of 5. The house was immaculately cleaned prior to our arrival (which we appreciated). We've rented many vacation homes and FML, by far, was the most well-stocked, fully-functional home we have ever rented. The location is also great being just on the edge of the town of Healdsburg.
We will definitely be back.
Wine Tasting, tubing, cycling, swimming, fishing, golfing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking .... You name it.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Minimum Stay: 3-night minimum from May - Oct. 2-night minimum at all other times. Security/Damage Deposit: $500 refundable security/damage deposit check required. Cancellation Policy: Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of the stay will receive a 100% refund. Bookings canceled at least 30 days before the start of the stay will receive a 50% refund. Bookings canceled within 30 days of the start of the stay will not receive a refund. $150 cancellation fee for cancellations at any time. There are no refunds for late arrivals or early departure for any reason. If you are concerned about needing to cancel your trip or the possibility of something happening that will cause you to arrive late or depart early, please purchase appropriate insurance prior to your visit.