"My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at this River property. We stayed Oct 10th - 16th, 2016.
The location is beautiful! This is the last house on the road and there are a couple neighbors on one side, but no interruptions. We barely saw any one else all week. The leaves had just started to change and the colors were beautiful! The screened in balcony is bug free enjoyment of the river and its sounds. There is much peace listening to the river run.
The river is right there and as gorgeous as the pictures show it!
A couple of the friendly local dogs will greet you a morning or two, but are no trouble. Extremely loving.
About the property: Brantz and his wife have everything you need for an enjoyable stay. Anything you would have in your house is there. You only need to bring your clothes and food. We felt comfortable and at home.
The nice features about this property are:
1) Very well kept up property and a bargain compared to many other rentals in this area.
2) Location is very peaceful and the river is right here.
3) All the nice amenities, cable TV and Wi-Fi. I had to work for a little while one day and the Wi-Fi is solid.
4) Stocked kitchen accessories. Most kitchen appliances you would have at your home (all matching, not a bunch of garage sale stuff like we experienced at other rentals), paper towels, dish washing liquid, coffee filters, etc.
5) Bathroom upstairs and downstairs. Two full baths. Real soft and big bath towels. Toilet paper included.
6) Iron and ironing board,
7) Nice laundry area downstairs.
8) Fireplace with stocked firewood, ready to use.
9) Huge walk in closet in the Master.
10) Separate entrance for ground level bedrooms.
Hints to make this place enjoyable:
1) If you can’t climb up one set of stairs this really isn’t the place for you because the main living area is on the 2nd floor and it wouldn’t be fun to be stuck downstairs in the two bedrooms. But honestly, once you’re there you don’t want to leave!
2) The road leading in from the highway is long, about 2 miles and mostly dirt. It is well graded so no problems there, but a little winding. I would recommend getting there during daylight, only so the road is not intimidating. We showed up at 9:30 at night. Once you’ve driven it twice in the day it is not a big deal.
3) Murphy is close and there are many things to do in this area. We just liked hanging out at the house. The people in this region are so friendly and nice!"
Guest: Bruce F.
Date of Stay: October 2016
Review Submitted: October 25, 2016