Fabulous Secluded Location, Views, Amazing Comfort and Style
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Heavenly Valley house description
Stunning panoramic Lake Tahoe view, casino night lights, amazing Sierra Vistas! Set on a boulder studded secluded Heavenly cul-de-sac location, this uniquely designed modern mountain home set on over a third of an acre which backs to Tahoe National Forest. This expansive 3,432 sq. ft. designer home includes:
• 4 bedrooms, 3 have queen beds and one is a dornstyle room with 2 singles plus a set of bunk beds.
• Party size family room with fireplace, lake and sierra views, pool table, sound system, TV, DVD and full wet bar
• Living room with fireplace, sound system, TV, DVD, and unbelievable views
• Formal dining room with great views
• Chefs' eat-in gourmet kitchen complete with all the bells and whistles, including: Wolf range, Bosch dishwasher, Sub-Zero refrigerator, double oven, bun warmer, microwave, coffee pot, electric tea kettle, blender , electric can opener, 2000 ft of decking, ½ is covered and lots of parking!
Our Favorite Places for Food
• For breakfast: Heidi's Pancake House is a great spot for breakfast and brunch, look for it on the left as you enter town on Highway 50
• For lunch: Blue Angel Café is a great place for breakfast, lunch, dinner or happy hour or just coffee while you browse the internet using their free wifi - , but our favorite is lunch. Try the sweet potato fries, curry chicken sandwich or one of their great pasta specials. Their wine list is decent, even the house wine is good - a great, casual, fun Tahoe spot with friendly service and cozy atmosphere. Look for them on the right side after you make the turn onto Ski Run Blvd on the way to our property.
• For dinner: Nepheles is one of the best restaurants in Lake Tahoe and has been featured in Bon Appétit, the New York Times, San Francisco Chronicle and they won Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence for their wine list. Look for them on your way to the house right after you pass the Blue Angel - on the same side of the street
• For the kids: Chevy’s, Fire & Ice just under the Gondola at Heavenly Ski Resort or the Summit Buffet on the 18th floor at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe Fire.
• Pizza: Lake Tahoe Pizza Company or Goodfellas
Our Favorites for Outdoors Fun
• Skiing: Heavenly is about 2 blocks from the entrance of our private road – it is our favorite for skiing - they have great customer service and ski runs for the whole family and all levels! For cross country skiing try Lake Tahoe Back Country Skiing.
• Horseback riding: Camp Richardson's Corral, South Lake Tahoe, CA; Sheridan Creek Equestrian Center, Gardnerville, NV, Zephyr Cove Stables- Highway 50, Zephyr Cove, NV and Cascade Stables, South Lake Tahoe, CA
• Hiking and camping: Forest Service campgrounds in Tahoe City, South Lake Tahoe, and along the Truckee River. State parks include D.L. Bliss, Sugar Pine Point, Emerald Bay, and Sand Harbor. Or work your way up some classic rock climbing routes in Eagle Creek Canyon, only a stone's throw from Emerald Bay.
• Biking: the Lake is ringed by 76 miles of paved public highway, with about half that distance segregated by bike lanes. There are also hundreds of miles of unpaved Forest Service roads in the Tahoe basin suitable for mountain biking.
• Fishing: The Truckee River between the Lake and Truckee can be fly fishing friendly. There are also hundreds of small, fishable lakes in the high country around Tahoe.
• Beach: work on your tan on the exquisite beaches of Sand Harbor State Park
• Golf courses: Bijou Golf Course and Lake Tahoe Golf Course, both in South Lake Tahoe, CA
• Ice Skating: The South Tahoe Ice Arena is a full-service, state of the art ice skating facility that offers ice skating and hockey lessons as well as public skate sessions and it is a great place to hold a child's birthday party.
Out of the Box and Only in Tahoe Ideas
• Can’t Miss: Emerald Bay and the waterfalls located on the west shore. Pack a lunch or stop by the Pomin Market for fabulous sandwiches.
• The six-person gondola at Heavenly rises 3,000 feet from casino-hotel floor of South Lake Tahoe to a 9,123-foot elevation. At the 14,000-square-foot observation platform guests get knockout views of shore to shore views of Lake Tahoe, the arid Carson Valley and the Desolation Wilderness.
• Squaw Valley Cable Car. Located one-half block west of California & Nevada Stateline, the Lake Tahoe Gondola provides the serenity of an alpine mountain within minutes of six casinos. The eight-passenger cabins take guests 2.4 miles up the mountain in 12 minutes while they enjoy views of Lake Tahoe. Once you reach the top, the upper mountain facility features panoramic views as well as access to numerous activities and restaurants, including a climbing wall. The Cable Car building itself is a landmark which won an architectural award for excellence and is highlighted by its bold design and huge windows, allowing visitors to view the massive counterweights that support the cable car.
• Lake Cruises: MS Dixie, Zephyr Cove, NV Lake Tahoe Cruises, Tahoe Gal (Tahoe City, CA, and Tahoe Queen (South Lake Tahoe, CA.
• Enjoy an evening performance of the Bard's best works at Sand Harbor State Park’s annual Shakespeare Festival in July and August.
• Casinos: Embassy Suites Hotel Casino, MontBleu Resort Casino, Harrah's Lake Tahoe, Harvey's, Lake Tahoe
• Balloon Ride: Balloons Over Lake Tahoe, one of Lake Tahoe's oldest ballooning companies will take you on a scenic ride over Lake Tahoe
• Out of the Box Fun in the Snow: Husky Express Dogsled Rides: sit back and enjoy the thrill of a team of huskies taking you on a winter adventure in the snow, Lake Tahoe Adventures Snowmobiling gives guided wilderness tours into the heart of Tahoe's forest lands, to the top of Tahoe! Borges Sleigh Rides lets you experience an old fashioned sleigh ride in one of several antique European sleighs take you to heights overlooking one of Lake Tahoe's most spectacular views.
Keywords: Mountain Home, Lake View Home
- 3420 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Limited Accessibility:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
• Chefs' eat-in gourmet kitchen complete with all the bells and whistles, including: Wolf range, Bosch dishwasher, Sub-Zero refrigerator, double oven, bun warmer, microwave, coffee pot, electric tea kettle, blender, etc.....moreless
- Catering Available:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Parking Off Street:
- Linens Provided:
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio:
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Water View
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Cross Country Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
ReviewsWrite a review
Dream House in Heavenly
Dream House in Heavenly
We spent 5 amazing days in this lovely S. Lake Tahoe House. The house was very comfortable, spacious,clean, well appointed and equipped with every kitchen accessory that you would need to cook meals, great location (a 3 minute drive to Heavenly ski mountain) the bed and showers were very comfortable. The view of Lake Tahoe from the house was magnificent and the sunsets took our breath away.We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with our 3 adult children and can't wait to return for future family reunions. We usually ski in Vail and love that mountain but this was the BEST ski house that we have stayed in.
- Guest Mindy (Miami)
- Date of stay 02/14/13
- Review Submitted 02/20/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, families with young children, girls getaway, age 55+.
Spacious quiet home minutes away Heavenly
Spacious quiet home minutes away Heavenly
The perfect home for my family to relax and access South Lake Tahoe. A large clean home at the end of a quiet street with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and the usual modern amenities. Very modern kitchen, great master bathroom shower, large-screen TV's, Wi-Fi and a nice pool-table that we all enjoyed. The home is tastefully decorated with an array of old sports memorabilia and some native American photos & totem poles. The manager Joanne is accessible and easy to work with.
- Guest Eitan (San Rafael, Califonia)
- Date of stay 01/18/13
- Review Submitted 01/24/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway.
we rented this house for our extended family. it was very spacious and comfortable. the views were amazing and my in laws especially appreciated that. because it was such a big house, it took a long time to heat up. we liked that there were 3 tv's because we had many different people and ages so it was convenient. since we came in during a snow storm, it was a bit difficult to find because there was no house number. also, there was some miscommunication with the people who shovel the snow, so we were stuck out there for a while. but the property management was very responsive and it all worked out in the end. we would rent this place again.
- Guest cv girl (castro valley, ca)
- Date of stay 12/23/12
- Review Submitted 01/01/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, girls getaway, age 55+.
Beautiful views, very close to heavenly, lacking a few advertised items.
Beautiful views, very close to heavenly, lacking a few advertised items.
We rented this property for a week in February. Our first impression walking in was wow! look at that view! The pictures on the website really don't do it justice. It is definitely the best thing about the house. The main living room was a very nice, large room with love seats and a fireplace the aforementioned views. We did have to turn the heat up high at all times to even get it to a comfortable level. Especially in this main room with the view (must be the windows) we had the heat on high, the fireplace going, and needed blankets! The bedrooms were fine, the master bedroom has a great shower. The basement has a pool table and a nice wet bar, the pool table takes up a lot of room, so it is a little awkward at times if you have more than four people in there. The house is located very close to heavenly, a couple of blocks. If you drive up there early enough you can park in the heavenly lot, otherwise you may want to get someone to drop you off. It did snow a ton when we were there, a neighbor plows the driveway but doesn't come by until after they do a commercial parking lot, which meant after 12pm, which was frustrating because we couldn't get out to get to the slopes (and we had 2 SUVs, just too much snow). He did come by and dig us out in the late evening/early morning because we had one person who needed to get to the airport. The pull-out bed advertised is really three cushions all linked together that you lay on the ground. Our friend slept on the floor instead of this "pull-out" as she found it very uncomfortable. And no couch is large enough for a full-grown person to sleep in, so the house really only sleeps 8 people. They advertise a large deck, but that deck was never cleared of snow so we could not go out on it, since it had 3+ feet of snow on it. We only found a charcoal grill which is located in the garage, which you would need to take out to the driveway. If there was a weber it was on the deck which we could not access since it was covered in snow. There was no internet, I thought now-a-days most properties came with wi-fi. This house would have been awesome if they had a hot tub on the deck, as I said the views over the lake are great. The property manager tried to charge us for some items we did not think we were responsible for. We recommend a walk-through if you do reserve this house to point out scratches, etc. that area already in place. Overall it is a nice place for 8 people MAX, and very close to heavenly.
- Guest VicAtt (San Francisco)
- Date of stay 02/19/11
- Review Submitted 04/25/11
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children.
Manager response: We are glad you enjoyed the amazing views. You voiced some concerns,some were valid, so I'll address them. Snow removal. There's always a pecking order of which job gets done first. We don't have the clout to get ours done before the big jobs. When there's excessive snowfall like when you were there, we can't eliminate the issue completely. We have added a snow blower, which should help. The pull-out bed you describe was never advertised or intended to be used as a bed. We advertised the sofa upstairs and a rollaway. I personally slept on the sofa and it was very comfortable. We have since added a set of bunk beds so now there are 3 queens, 2 singles and a bunkbed. The deck is always cleared after snow, but there was excessive snow during your stay and it just was not possible to keep up with it. The addition of the snow blower will help. The only grill we had at the time was clearly described as a charcoal Weber grill. We have added a gas grill as well but, at the time, we correctly indicated only charcoal. We did not have WiFi put in until a short time ago. It was not installed or advertised when you were there. If you had asked, I'd have told you as I’ve told others we did not have it. We do, however, have WiFi now and so have recently added it to our list of amenities. It's accurate that we don’t have a hot tub. We never indicated we did. We had a number of issues after you left, which never happened before or since. I found out about the issues the last day I had to return the deposit and made a minimal charge to your account and sent you an email telling you why. You completely denied any responsibility, but we had been in the property right before and after and know you are responsible. However, I felt bad that I, in my hurry and inexperience (1st time there was any damage), made the deduction before contacting you personally. So I refunded the 100 (much less than it cost to handle the issues you left, by the way) charged. Our decision was not because it wasn’t a fair charge, but to make up for my lapse in not contacting you first. We had a severely clogged toilet, gashed wall, items missing, excessive cleaning and garbage costs, etc. We have not had any other issues from renters before or since your group. Most people have been very respectful of the property and have not read into our listing things that were not there. Additionally, of course, we are constantly trying to improve and have added amenities as we can.
Gorgeous Heavenly Ski House
Gorgeous Heavenly Ski House
The pictures don’t do the views of this great house justice. The upstairs living/dining room has walls of windows looking out at the lake and snow peaked mountains and at night the lights of the casinos are beautiful. The master bedroom has gorgeous views of the lake, mountains, casino lights, and the Tahoe National Forest. The master shower with multiple wall jets and huge rain-shower head is perfect after a day of skiing. The house is very spacious and attractively furnished. The downstairs bar and pool table is a fun gathering spot and the huge living room upstairs provides amble separation between the adults and the children. There is a great gourmet kitchen and a large dining table in the living room with awe-inspiring lake views. Perfect for small family reunions. We had two families and my mother and the house provided plenty of room for the nine of us. It’s location close to Heavenly Skiing, the casinos, and the lake makes this house very convenient. We look forward to coming again next year.
- Guest Jennifer (Santa Cruz, CA)
- Date of stay 02/11/11
- Review Submitted 03/03/11
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, age 55+.
Manager response: Justine, thank you so much for writing a much better description of the views and some of the amenities then I did! I was just thinking yesterday about the photos of the views not doing it justice, I definitely need a better camera, or maybe just a better photographer... :-) I am so glad it was such a great experience for your family, hope you get to come back soon.
Beyond our expectations!
Beyond our expectations!
This was the perfect rental for us to meet up with our three grown children and their spouses. Plenty of room for everybody to spread out, and the place was not only pet friendly but also in excellent condition. We have rented many places, and usually pet friendly means run down - not the case here at all. The views were spectacular - the lake and south shore could be seen from the dining and family room without climbing on furniture! There were two dining areas that could each easily seat our group of 8. We used one for a jigsaw puzzle table that we could work on while enjoying the view. It was very close to Heavenly, so we could easily drop off the skiers and and pick them up each day. Less spoiled kids could have walked to the gondola. The kitchen was well appointed, and we found all the stapes and equipment needed to cook a full meal. Downstairs, the rec room with the pool table was perfect for a very fun evening. We get together each year with our kids like this, and this is the FIRST house we all agreed that we have to return to. You won't be disappointed.
- Guest Nora4 (Sacramento, CA )
- Date of stay 02/04/11
- Review Submitted 03/02/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway, pet owners.
Manager response: Nora, so glad you all had such a great time, I love the puzzle idea, we left a number of board games to play but never thought of a puzzle. I think next time we go up we will add that to the inventory! Hope to see you back soon and don't forget - the area is just as much fun in the summer! Joanne
Great house at South Lake
Great house at South Lake
I really enjoyed staying at this gorgeous house. It feels so secluded being right next to the National Forrest. But it's also great being so close to downtown, Heavenly and the casino's. The house is very spacious, and the lake views from practically every room are amazing. The place was very well furnished and we all felt so comfortable there. You know it's a good stay when everyone is sad to leave. I enjoy cooking and one of my favorite places in the house was the huge gourmet kitchen. It's very well set up and a joy to work in. For sure we'll definitely be coming back here again. Thanks to Joanne for helping us get settled in and answering all of our questions. See you again soon.
- Guest Danny (San Diego)
- Date of stay 11/27/10
- Review Submitted 12/16/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, families with young children, girls getaway, age 55+.
Manager response: Danny, we are so happy you had such a great time. The kitchen is my favorite part too - it is the perfect place for a group gourmet cooking extravaganza! I wish I had the same kind of top of the line equipment at home and all that room... It truly is amazing. Hope you get the opportunity to visit us again soon. Joanne
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2010
About: Our family has been Bay Area residents and Tahoe aficionados for several generations. We have owned property at South Lake Tahoe for over 30 years and come here summer and winter for all the reasons that make this area such a destination for folks around the world. Most of the year we can be seen 2-4 times a month - on the slopes in the winter and hiking the trails and enjoying the Lake the rest of the year. This is our dream vacation home and hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Why Heavenly Valley:
This area of South Lake Tahoe is ideal for us because of the views, the close proximity of skiing, casinos, l shopping, etc. But most of all, the home itself is just amazing, everything is top of the line, comfortable and designed for a family/couples fun vacation.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Adults will love the comfort - from the state-of-the-art kitchen, to the two huge decks with amazing vistas, the romantic master suite with a fabulous mattress, lake views and spa-like adjoining bath to the full wet bar, pool table, TVs in every gathering spot and separate, amazing sound systems on each floor! Kids will love the pool table, TVs, decks, rock climbing opportunities right outside the door, ping pong table and the amazing room inside and out to play!
- Primary: (510) 435-0760 (California, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Amazing Views Throughout
Play Pool, Watch a DVD and Relax at the Bar or Step Out on the Deck for a View
Master Bedroom Has Spectacular Lake Tahoe Views and Fabulous Mattress
Extra Thick, Amazingly Comfortable Queen Bed
A great dorm room for the kids or singles with bunk beds and 2 twins.
Relax with Friends with a Fire and 47' Flat Screen
Cook Dinner in State of the Art Kitchen with View of Lake Tahoe!
Master Bath Will Give You that Spa Feeling with Luxurious Towels and Glass Block
Downstairs Queen Bed has fabulous mattress and lovely views.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013