Prominent Waterfront in Cape Porpoise; Pier, Tennis Court June, July 16-23, Sep(10 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
- 5 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 4 BRs have private sinks, 10 person maximum
Beautiful Vistas: unique environment: The sea coast of Cape Porpoise is surrounded by a protective island boundary. These islands form a barrier from the Atlantic ocean's waves and wind, creating an ideal area for kayaking, canoing and any other type of recreational boating. The islands provide a multitude of inlets, coves and beaches to explore or make shore. The six islands directly in front of the house are Stage, Fort, Cape, Trotts, Redins and Goat. All of these islands are owned by the Kennebunkport Conservation Trust, and are open to the public for picnicking and touring. Please visit their web site for a web cam view of the area from the light house situated on Goat Island. The exact coordinates of the house are: 43.369918,-70.429709. These can be used in Google Earth 'Fly To' tab.
Tennis Court: An clay tennis court is available for your use. The surface of this court is very easy on the knees.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2006
- 2700 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 10
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
Large open lawns provide areas for baseball & bad mitten. The sand flats are a wide open expanse of interesting pools and streams for children to explore and build tunnels and sand castles. A variety of sea life can be found such as hermit crabs, clams, moon snails, crabs and more....moreless
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- All of the bedrooms except the 'West (library)' room have a sink and mirror. The east rooms have windows facing the water and offer marvelous sunrise views. The room furnishings are original, except for the mattresses! All rooms have at least 3 large windows with shades. The Northeast bedroom (see photo) has a small bedroom connected with a twin bed....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- This area provides private grounds with no traffic. A safe area for kids to play on the large lawns. The tide change in this area can be up to 12'. At high tide, water sports are done off the end of the pier. Swimming, canoing, kayaking and many more are enjoyed. At low tide the sand flats are excellent for walking and exploring the 5 islands that surround this protected harbor. An invigorating walk around the rocky coast line of one of these islands is a great way to work off a large lunch. Sea life can be found such as clams, hermit crabs, sand dollars and moon snails. As the tide comes back in over the warm sand it creates warm swimming pools and washes over the days sand castles. A boat trip to Goat Island light house is rewarding because the friendly hosts from Kennebunkport Conservation Trust will take you for a tour up to the top of the light house. July and August offer challenging Striped Bass fishing, you may find yourself competing for fish with our 41st president...moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Basic Soaps
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 31 - Jun 24, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 25 - Sep 2, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 3 - Oct 16, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
- Cleaning fee $160
- Tax Rate 9%
June and September are offered at a reduced rate. However, September offers some of the most pleasant weather on the coast of Maine. The days are warm and clear. This provides beautiful days for walking and sight seeing. As the colors start to change in October, the sharp contrast of the blue water against the islands are photogenic.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The town of Cape Porpoise supports an active lobster fishing industry. About 30 lobster boats call Cape Porpoise their home port and they can be seen plying the waters from early morning to the afternoon. The center of town is a 10 minute scenic walk around the head of the harbor. Cape Porpoise offers several restaurants, lobster pounds and a grocery/beverage store. Nunan's Lobster Hut, (A NY Times Best Choice) is a classic New England Lobster eatery. A few galleries and shops round out the small town. The fish pier, also about a 10 minute walk, features scenic views of Cape Porpoise harbor and Goat Island light house. Large sandy beaches are a 10 minute drive to Kennebunk beach to the south or Goose Rocks beach to the north. Kennebunkport has many upscale shops and galleries as well as access to day sail charters, deep sea fishing and whale watching tours. The coordinates of the house are: '43.369918,-70.429709'.
Other Activities: kayaking & canoeing
About the owner: My Great Grandfather Herbert Allen built the North House in 1898. His father Frank Allen built South House in 1900. Father and son were partners in the Oriental Tea Company out of Boston. The large brass kettle in Government Center Plaza in front of the Starbucks was originally hanging in front of the Oriental Tea Company on India Street.
- Primary: +1 5083328159 between 9am to 9 pm
South House at Wahwa Cottages at high tide.
The view from the porch at low tide.
Local lobster boat passing by in front of pier.
Goat Island Lighthouse
Northeast bedroom waterfront, queen Small room with child's bed off this room
Southeast bedroom waterfront, double
Northwest bedroom with in room sink.
Road side view and the whale ribs and head.
Walking on the sand flats at sunset.
The Allen Cottages (Wahwa Cottages) at sunrise on a calm day.
View of pier from seaside porch.
View from the porch looking towards Cape Porpoise Harbor. Bickford Island
Shell fishing on the sand flats
View from living room
Southwest bedroom, queen
Northwest bedroom with in room sink.
Dining Room table seats 10.
Island beach with a view of Stage Harbor at low tide.
Clay Tennis Court
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.