Legal Rental* Pearl St. 2 Blocks Away. Walk for Coffee & Dinner. Fireplace.(202 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 1 Bedroom + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2-4)
Caveat Emptor. Boulder is filled with illegal rentals.
Real time Calendar tab is directly above. Please check for availability before inquiring.
* ABOVE THE PHOTO YOU WILL FIND OUR VIDEO TAB.
Make our luxurious Five-Star guest suite your home away from home in Boulder. We’re located TWO BLOCKS FROM PEARL ST. where you’ll find amazing shopping, restaurants and culture right out the front door—no car needed. Our walkability score is 95. We are walking distance to the Boulder transit center.
* Stay at the most HIGHLY RATED property in Boulder, located in the very upscale and quiet neighborhood of Whittier. Our guests love being able to walk for coffee in the morning, or dinner in the evening.
* PRIVATE ENTRANCE & BATHROOM. (Our guest suite is not a shared space)
* We’re proud to be only the fourth owners of this legacy home in 117 years. Our guest suite offers 980 square feet of total privacy that includes two fireplaces and a washer/dryer, with luxury bathroom. Why stay in a noisy 200-square-foot hotel room?
* This one-bedroom guest suite is FULLY FURNISHED with everything you’ll need, including fine linens and towels, new furnishings, great artworks and a new queen-size bed.
* In addition, a queen-size pullout sofa ( With new mattress) is perfect for children or a second couple. The family room is separated from the guest suite by French doors that close for privacy, comfortably accommodating four people. Please see our video.
* RELAX IN FRONT OF THE FIREPLACE and make this your home away from home while in Boulder.
* The space has been designed and furnished with no architectural detail overlooked, including Venetian plaster and reclaimed 150-year-old red-oak floors, two fireplaces, and a well-lighted office area with great storage and a private and secure high-speed Wi-Fi network for all your multi-media needs.
* You will also find a huge closet for all of your storage needs.
* Boulder is a world-renowned culinary destination, with scores of great restaurants within walking or biking distance.
* The guest-suite KITCHENETTE is well equipped with a Sub-Zero refrigerator and freezer, microwave and toaster oven, hot plate, wine cooler and coffee maker—and all the dishes, utensils and glassware one needs to prepare a wonderful meal at home.
* Have you ever thought of MOVING TO BOULDER? What better way to get the lay of the land… Everything was designed to be turnkey for your visit, and the space is perfect for a visiting entrepreneur, athlete or professor.
* PRIVATE ENTRANCE. You will have an entire floor of 980 sq. ft to yourself. The guest suite is separate from the rest of the $1.8 MILLION HOME in which we reside. Take advantage of the garden and private back yard for your morning coffee or a read.
* This is your opportunity to stay in a historic Boulder home, in complete comfort and privacy.
Please check the calendar for availability, then select from the "Instant book" or " Send e-mail" choices on the right side of the page --->>> Or, you can even go old school and just call us.
$500 secures your booking and confirms your reservation. Your entire rental fee will then be billed to you 30 days prior to your arrival. ( We are proud to say we have never charged a dime of anyone's deposit)
Richard and I look forward to meeting you!
With warm regards,
Dr. Kelly and Richard Schuh
Keywords: Boulders Top Rated Listing. Private Home / Pet Friendly / All inquiries answered in 24 Hours. Visa / MC accepted
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- 980 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Car Available
- Car Optional
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Location, location, location !Welcome to our Historic Boulder home built in 1900. This home has been completely renovated. The guest suite is 960 SQ. Ft of 5 star luxury. Private entrance & killer bathroom. The suite is very private & very quiet & secure. This private $ 1.5 M home is in the Historic district of Mapleton Ave. 4 doors down from the 'Mork & Mindy' house from the ABC TV Sitcom. It is Boulder at its best.... Walk or bike to everything....moreless
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Mobile Phone:
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking On Street
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Water Cooler
- Wireless Internet:
- Catering Available
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 1 - Aug 31, 2017
1 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning fee $75
- Pet Fee $0
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 7.5%
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Boulder is a world class training center for athletes. The guest suite would be perfect for a visiting athlete. Boulder Community Hospital is right up the Street.
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: Richard & I are only the 4th owners of this historic Boulder home in 117 years. We have been on VRBO for 9years and have hosted over 500+ guests. The home has been carefully restored and we are proud to be the next generation to carry the torch. Richard is a small business owner and I am a Doctor. The main part of the home is our primary residence, with the guest suite being completely private. You will have your own private entrance and bath as well as a fireplace and kitchenette. If you have not already seen our video here is the link : We look forward to having you as guests !! Kelly & Richard
Why the Owner Chose Central Boulder, Boulder, CO, USA:
The home is our primary residence. Richard bought the property in September of 2006 just after the renovation. Every home flipper in town had looked at it until the previous owner pulled the trigger and hired the best craftsmen and trades in town for a top to bottom gut renovation. Richard was in town after an Outward Bound Excursion and discovered the home while riding a bike through the historic district. It came down to -If I don't buy this home - I am going to regret it. So he bought it and moved from Minnesota.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Mapleton @ 17th Street. The location cannot be beat. You will be right in the heart of Downtown Boulder and be able to walk to everything. As well, the guest suite is very private and comfortable. The architect designed it to feel like a suite in a Five Star hotel with all the amenities you would expect. Beautiful artwork & furniture. Fine linens & Towels. Washer & dryer. The home is located in a very quiet neighborhood in the historic district 4 doors down for the 'Mork & Mindy' house.
- Primary: +1 3036253083
Links to more information:
Pearl Street and all of downtown Boulder is 2.5 blocks away.
We are only the 4th owners in 116 years.
Five Star private bathroom.
Work station with great storage for our long term guests.
Hand chiseled Field Stone in the historic University of Colorado Boulder look.
Venetian plaster with historic farmers sink.
Dining room with Seating for 6 -
All cabinets were made onsite with reclaimed wood that was 100+ years old.
Private entrance. We are NOT A SHARED SPACE. Our guest suite is 100% private.
Historic Boulder at it's best.
Relax on your own private patio for morning coffee. Full WiFi signal.
Brand new top of the line Queen sized bed.
Work space with private & Secure WiFi network.
Fireplace in your living room
Sub-zero and Kitchenette.
Microwave - Toaster Oven - Wine Cooler
Washer/dryer. No coins required. Pack a clean suitcase when you return home.
Queen sized sleeper sofa with new mattress. Sleep in front of the fireplace.
Family room with 100 + year old reclaimed wood floors. Chisled fireplace.
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.