World Class Garden Residence(41 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
Situated on twenty-two landscaped acres, the guesthouse commands sweeping ocean views to the east where the sun rises from the Pacific Ocean bathing the expansive garden and stone terrace in the early morning light...If you can pull yourself away, venture out to the nearby geothermal warm pools or the black sand beach for a sunrise swim.
Beautiful Mango wood floors, custom made furnishings from Bali and exceptional art combine to create an experience that is truly unique in the world of vacation rentals. The residence is nestled into a private botanical garden with extensive palm, bamboo, orchid and bromeliad collections, all staged within the context of manicured sweeping lawns and ocean vistas.
Property managers are onsite, comfortably situated away from the main residence to ensure your utmost privacy.
Fresh tropical floral arrangements, all gathered from our exquisite garden, will greet you throughout the entire house. Beautiful linens, comfortable beds and a well equipped kitchen await your arrival.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2009
- 1400 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 8
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Alternative Lifestyle
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- At the top of the property a 80 tree lychee orchard is yours for the picking, when in season. We also have avocados 8 months of the year, and apple, cuban, and williams bananas, papaya, lilikoi(passion fruit), abui, star fruit, mountain apple, limes and various citrus, cashew, guava, and much more....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Botanical Garden
- Nude Beach
- Rain Forests
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
- Ocean View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Dining Area
- Clothes Dryer
- Covered Parking
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Wood Deck
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning fee $150
- Tax Rate 13.42%
1. Smoking is NOT allowed indoors, Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The house and property privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses
6. PETS are not permitted. Pets are currently on the property. Cats are kept outdoors but occasionally guests do let the cat in. The house is cleaned very well and has hardwood floors, which helps in reducing the amount of allergens in the air. Anyone with severe feline or canine allergies should consider this before renting.
7. Housekeeping: There is typically no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Daily maid can be provided at a daily rate of $30.00. Weekly cleaning can be provided for $150.00 We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units. Only designated beach towels (orange towels) can be taken off premises.
8. [Water and Septic: The [cabin/property] is on a catchment and septic systems. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper.
9. Noise: Please no loud noise after 10pm.
10. Insects: Please be aware that the house is in a lush forested area of the island and can susceptible to insects. Typically these insects are outdoors but can occasionally
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Directions to Hale Mohalu
From Hilo - Take Hwy 11 about 4 miles south to Kalapana/ Pahoa Turn Off and make left onto Hwy 130 toward Pahoa.
When you reach Pahoa stay on Hwy130.
You will come to a stoplight.
From the stop light go about 4 miles until you see a scenic outlook sign and shortly after that an orange diamond shaped sign with a side ways T on it that says Kamaili Rd.
Immediately after that you will see a sign that says Ophikao 5.
Make a left here.
We are 2.6 miles from the turn.
We are located on the left side of the road.
You will see a green and red sign that says
13-698 Opihikao Rd.
If you reach the 10mph sign you have gone to far.
If you are using Google maps to find the place please enter- Malama Road, Pahoa 96778 and it will bring up our driveway. Do not enter Malama street, you will get lost.
About: The owner, Davis Dalbok, creator of Living Green in San Francisco, California, has made his home available as a retreat for discerning guests to enjoy the beauty of the island.
- Primary: +1 8089657511
- Secondary: +1 4157101963
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Side of house
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Friday, May 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.