This one-of-a-kind home was built in 2009 and was featured in the April 2010 Dwell magazine. Each room offers large sliding glass doors that lead out to decks and patios for a marvelous indoor/outdoor living experience. Top-of-the-line appliances, DirecTV and satellite Internet service featured.
Rock Reach House sits amidst a jumble of fantastically weathered granite boulders in a national park-like setting in the private community of Rock Reach in the Town of Yucca Valley. Taken together, the house and the setting offer a high desert escape second to none.
- Secluded four-person Jacuzzi-brand hot tub
- Cool dip “cowboy” tub
- Private outdoor shower (in addition to indoor shower)
- Outdoor fireplace (with free firewood)
- Yoga platform/ outdoor sleeping deck
- Picnic table
- Large steel deck with propane grill
- DirecTV service
- 60' HD TV with sound bar and powered subwoofer
- Two California king beds
- Two folding luggage racks
- Full kitchen with all new stainless steel appliances, stocked utensils, cookware and prep tools in the kitchen
- Stocked towels, hand soap and TP in the bathroom
- Various books and games in the living room
- Electric forced-air heating and cooling system
- Two-car carport
- Electric car charger
• DOG FEE - Dogs may be allowed but the renter must first contact the owner for discussion. There is a flat $60 per dog fee.
• RV HOOKUP - There is an RV utility hook up area on the property that includes electric, water and sewage. Arrangements must be made ahead of time if you wish to use these facilities.
• FRESH JUICE DELIVERY - We offer fresh pressed juice delivery at Rock Reach House. Guests are able to be have fresh juices delivered to their door daily (or in the fridge when they arrive!) by local Joshua Tree juice guru Angela de la Agua. Menus and pricing for this service will be emailed upon request.
• STAR TOUR - If you would like a better view of the night sky there is a company called Coyote Telescope that offers a “Star Tour” that uses the fantastic Celestron CPC Deluxe 1100 HD computerized telescope.
• ORPHANED NIGHT DISCOUNT - Occasionally there is an open single night between two other reservations. I am willing to rent these single orphaned nights at a discounted rate. A two-night minimum applies to all other reservations.
• PAPPY & HARRIET'S
If you plan to have dinner at Pappy & Harriet's, we strongly recommend making an advance reservation.
• SOCIAL MEDIA
If you plan on sharing your experience on social media, please tag us! @RockReachHouse on lnstagram and /rockreachhouse on ƒacebook. You can also “check-in" to “Rock Reach House" on both platforms.
• HOMESTEAD MODERN NO. 1 - If the dates you want are booked at Rock Reach House we invite you to look at our newest rental — Homestead Modern No. 1 in nearby Pioneertown.
• Why the Owner Chose Yucca Valley: I fell in love with this unbelievable property when I discovered it in 2003. After I bought it I struggled to figure out how to build a small, sustainable home on the property without destroying the very attributes that drew me to the property. That's what led me to what is now the Blue Sky Building System that lets homes sit very lightly on the land. This house demonstrates an entirely new way of building using this revolutionary light-gauge steel frame and a number of other advanced materials and methods. There is no wood in the house except cabinets and a couple of interior doors.
• The Unique Benefits of this House: Although this home is less than an hour and a half from the heart of Los Angeles it feels as if it is on the other side of the moon. There is a profound sense of seclusion and connection to nature in this spectacular setting. I very much enjoy sitting outside and being part of the remarkable nature. I also enjoy sitting in the cowboy soak tub after long hikes in the vast surrounding Mojave desert. I feel like I am in my own private national park.
• The cancellation policy is as follows: The renter is entitled to a 50% refund up until 30 days prior to arrival, except fees. Due to high demand for Rock Reach House if the renter cancels less than 30 days in advance, the nightly rate for the nights not spent are not refunded. If the renter arrives and decides to leave early, the nightly rate for the nights not spent are not refunded. The cleaning fee and taxes will always be refunded if the renter did not check in. If the renter booked more than 60 days in advance, a $300 deposit holds the reservation until the remainder is due in full 60 days prior to arrival. Cancellations made more than 60 days in advance are subject to only the $300 deposit not being refunded. All service fees are non-refundable.
• HOUSE RULES
[1.] The number of people who may be at the property at any one time is the same number of renters stated on the reservation confirmation. In other words – no non-renting guests are permitted. If you would like to invite guests over for drinks or dinner you must receive permission ahead of time from the owner. No more than two cars are allowed on the property at a time without permission. Cars may only be parked in designated parking areas – never alongside the roads/drives. If the renter wants to seek permission to vary from any of these occupancy and/or parking requirements you must receive permission ahead of time from the owner.
[2.] The lease begins at 3 p.m. on the check-in date and ends at 11 a.m. on the check-out date (unless other times are approved in writing by the owner).
[3.] Dogs may be allowed but the renter must first contact the owner for a discussion. We understand that many people do not want to leave their dogs behind when they go on vacation. We are open to having dogs stay at Rock Reach House so long as their owners are sensitive to and understand some basic issues.
-Inside the House-
Unlike a hotel with many “units” we have only one unit we can rent at any one time. If that unit is damaged or soiled we are unable to rent the unit to the next guests until repairs or cleaning can be completed. And often we have back-to-back guests – one group checking out by 11 am and another group checking in by 3 pm the same day – thus no time in which to complete anything other than standard cleaning.
Using their own sheets or other protective coverings, dog owners should always cover any place where their dog may elect to lie down (other than the bare concrete floors). We are not equipped to shampoo furniture or rugs or dry clean bedding when fast turnarounds are so common.
-Outside the House-
Dogs should at all times be kept on leash. Dog owners should immediately pick up after their dogs and deposit the waste in a plastic bag that is placed in storage cupboard #1 at the carport.
Finally dog owners should understand that we will not hesitate to deduct as needed from their house deposit if they fail to report a dog or to cover any damage or repairs necessitated by the presence of their dog.
[4.] An illegal or abusive use of Rock Reach House’s Internet access is not allowed.
[5.] No photo shoots allowed without written permission from the owner. I
[6.] Special events such as weddings and parties are not permitted without written permission from the owner.
[7.] The guest shall allow the owner (or his designee) access to the property for purposes of repairs and inspection if required. The owner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
[8.] If for any reason beyond the control of the owner the house is unavailable the owner may cancel the rental agreement and a full refund of all fees paid will be made to the guest.
[9.] Smoking is not allowed inside the house or within 15 feet of any open door.
[10.] The owner may withhold all or part of the deposit if any of the house rules are broken. Cause for withholding deposit funds include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Damage to the premises or contents
• Missing items requiring replacement (including keys)
• Excessive cleaning required
• Lingering smell of tobacco smoke
• Charges for mailing personal items left behind
• Evidence of more persons using the property than were authorized
• Evidence of a dog that wasn't authorized
• Unauthorized late check out