About the property
- Cottage900 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 - 7 nights
Luxurious 2/2 With Fabulous Indoor- Outdoor Living (Sleeps 4)
Completely renovated and redesigned with high end eco-friendly finishes for the luxury traveler with decidedly modern flair, this immaculate cottage offers you five-star luxuries in a quiet location just 1/2 block to Avenida de la Playa's fine restaurants and shops. (Should this cottage be booked for your dates, please see its sister cottage, HomeAway 3556691 )
• Best location in LJ Shores: JUST off the beaten path in quiet residential area 1/2 block to shops, restaurants, and about two blocks to the beach.
• One-car garage parking. (mid-size car)
• "Heavenly" beds with highest quality cotton bedding, feather beds, and blackout shades for easy sleep.
Secluded entry patio with its umbrella-topped table for dining al fresco.
• Outdoor shower
• Fire bowl in a completely secluded patio for easy evening conversation.
• Wifi , Flat panel HDTVs with extended cable offerings in living room and bedroom suites
• Perfect floorplan with bedrooms set at opposite ends of the living areas, each opening to the private back patio
• Fountains, gorgeous night lighting, sun loungers and wall sculpture.
Walk just steps to Barbarella, The Shorehouse or up the beach to Caroline's for breakfast, and enjoy the finest dining at every hour all along Avenida de la Playa, as well as kayak, bike, paddleboard and surfboard rentals and lessons.
We provide the beach chairs and towels-- you provide the free-spirited fun!
**We offer a strictly non-smoking environment and invite discerning travelers who will appreciate and care for our property as if it were their own. Please do not inquire for larger groups, large dogs or for stays less than one week... And I'm sorry, we do not discount. Ever. (Unless you are snowbirds renting for 30+ days in January, February and March. )
- Four night minimum in the off-season, One week minimum (Saturday to Saturday,), during the Summer, four persons maximum. (Yes, babies, toddlers and kids are people, too!)
Enjoy spacious floor plan with two separated en suite bedrooms and two private outdoor living areas with beautiful furnishings:
- Top quality new 'Heavenly ' beds: one Cali king bed plus two twins (or a king) with luxury linens, featherbeds, fine down and down-alternative pillows.
- Large PRIVATE courtyard patio with gorgeous evening lighting, fire bowl, water feature fountains, barbecue, plus private fenced entry patio with table, chairs and umbrella... (Patios are yours alone)
- Free high-speed WiFi
- New, fully-stocked kitchen with laundry, new baths, new plumbing, electrical, and HVAC
- Flat screen HD TVs with fully extended cable offerings
- Gas Fireplace
- Beach chairs, beach towels
- Shared garage parking for one car in two-car garage
- 3 blocks to the sands of La Jolla Shores, two to La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club
- Our to-the-studs renovation was carefully designed with top-of-the-line eco-responsible materials including stylish recycled concrete and glass flooring, backsplash and countertops, dimmable LED lighting, lo-flow wc, and brand new energy-efficient appliances.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 11, 2018
We are avid five-star travelers who appreciate that your holidays are precious and know the qualities necessary for a luxurious vacation stay. Greg has been one of La Jolla's top real estate brokers for over 35 years and Marilyn works as his Marketing Associate-- and we are dedicated to ensuring you an upscale experience in our La Jolla Shores home.
Why Marilyn chose La Jolla Shores
Located just around the corner from La Jolla Shores Village's best restaurants and the beach, this mid-century modern gem was ready for a full renovation. A duplex attached by a wall joining two patios, the two one-level cottages are bright, open and new, new, new throughout. Seamless indoor-outdoor living in a superb location!
What makes this Cottage unique
- Lovely, private outdoor living areas - Exquisite interiors - Fantastic, quiet location in the heart of La Jolla Shores - Bright, open interiors with new everything
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Impeccable cottage in the heart of La Jolla village.
We really enjoyed our stay at your cottage. As a group of four women we travelled to La Jolla for a tennis tournament at the beach club. The cottage exceeded our expectations! Thank you!
House is awesome!
We had a great time. The house is great and well taken care of!! Location could not have been better. Top notch owners!!!!
The home, the host, the location - everything was perfect for a wonderful family vacation. Thank you, Marilyn, for your hospitality. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.
Aw, how very kind of you! Thank you-- we aim to please and are dearly appreciative of your lovely comments! Come back soon!
Perfect La Jolla Shores property!
We recently stayed at this perfect cottage for spring break. We are a family of 4 with a 10 year old and a 7 year old. The property is perfectly located to all that La Jolla Shores has to offer - everything was very walkable.
The property itself is very well appointed and maintained. The owner has thought of everything and this place is truly first class. The layout is great for a family and we really enjoyed the fire bowl/pit and the courtyard area.
Thanks so much, Matt! We sincerely appreciate your kind comments and the TLC you took of your cottage!
Wonderful cottage close to beach and restaurants
We loved our stay in the La Jolla Shores beach cottage! This place is top notch. The beds are super comfortable with lovely clean linens, the place is immaculate, and everything so modern and tastefully done. The location in the shores area is awesome. Even though it’s right across from an office building, it’s very private as there are hedges that block it out. You can walk to the beach in about 5 minutes and to the strip with all the restaurants and even a small convenience store in literally a minute or two. Downtown La Jolla is about 10-15 minutes by car. We loved being so close to restaurants as we eat out a lot when we travel! We also used the fire pit outside to roast marshmallows with the kids and it was really nice. We also enjoyed a glass of wine outside after the kids went to bed. Highly recommend this lovely cottage! If you’re going kayaking in La Jolla this is the place for you as all the kayaking shops are about two minutes walk away! If you decide to go the cove in La Jolla to see the seals I recommend you go early as the parking gets super tough in thand afternoon. This cottage is very close to the Scripps Birch aquarium which was a lovely way to spend a few hours particularly with kids. Also pretty convenient to the other attractions...we did LEGOLAND, and both the zoo and zoo safari park and I have to say the driving was not bad at all! We got to those places easily. Loved this cottage!!!
We appreciate your wonderful review and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write. And YES, that office building provides a lot of privacy!
Sun-splashed La Jolla
Our stay in La Jolla was enhanced by the lovely accommodations; the apartment is immaculate, charming and well-kept, with everything a visitor might require. It boasts two lovely outdoor spaces, and the courtyard- with its atmospheric lighting and happily gurgling fountains - was especially lovely. The owner was gracious and communicative, and we were extremely content. The cottage is only a block from scrumptious restaurants, shopping and the beach.
La Jolla is world renowned for its scenic beauty and vibrant cultural community... Enjoy the beach, golf, La Jolla Playhouse's Tony-award winning productions, Museum of Modern Art San Diego, Sea World, Birch Aquarium, surf, sunsets, and sea!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are exclusive of 10.05% tax and city fees plus $200 cleaning fee, which goes directly to our hard-working cleaning crew.