About the property
- House3000 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
House, 4 Bedrooms + Loft + Den, 3 Baths, (Sleeps 8-12)
This lovely 3,000 square feet home has everything you need for fun, large, gatherings! Just 2.5 blocks from the beach and indoor hot tub! Email us today for more details!
1 queen bedroom, 1 twin set bedroom, full bath, loft overlooking main floor, ocean view
2nd Floor (main):
master bedroom with adjacent hot tub room, 3/4 bath, kitchen, dining room, family room, ocean view, wood fireplace
1 queen bedroom, bar, living room, 3/4 bath, laundry room, garage
PET HOUSE RULES
Up to 2 dogs (sorry, no cats) that are house trained and medium-small size are welcome to stay at The Wave for a fee of $20 per pet. We do, however, have a few house rules.
1. Absolutely no pets in the spa room/master bedroom
2. Please keep pets off beds and furniture
3. Please dry off with a towel before entering the house
4. Please use the large grass area for the bathroom, and pick up after appropriately (please note that there is no fence)
5. At bedtime, we ask that pets sleep in a kennel (evidence of pets on beds may result in deduction of deposit)
Search for 'The Wave - Cannon Beach, OR' on Facebook for more pictures!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 21, 2018
About The Wave
We live in Portland, OR which is a short drive to Cannon Beach, OR.
The Wave purchased this House in 2003
Why The Wave chose Cannon Beach
short drive from portland, our main home.
What makes this House unique
relax, fresh air, small town country feel, ocean.
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Super holiday gathering spot
We loved the location, and the house felt comfy, with plenty of room for all of us. The spa was a great addition to our holiday relaxation.
Very nice. Comfortable & clean.
The house is in a good location, good beach access. Beds were comfortable. House was nice & clean. The owners were very responsive and accommodating to several queries I sent. Would stay here again for sure.
Lot's of room!
We stayed at The Wave mid-July. For a party of six adults and one dog it was more space than we needed, but it was much nicer than renting three motel rooms. We loved having room to spread out, and being so close to the beach. Three bedrooms accommodate three couples but the bottom floor can be cool (temperatures go down to the fifties at night on the coast). There is another room upstairs with two twins, and an open area with futons which kids would likely enjoy. The house backs Highway 101 so you do hear some traffic noise during the day, but it's quiet at night. It's in the Tolovanna beach area. There is a grocery store and Mo's family-style restaurant a couple blocks away; the main business district is a short drive or bus ride.
I didn't have much luck with the hot tub--when I opened it up and turned on the jets, the whole house filled with pool fumes. I was able to reach the owner the next day to ask about it; she said that can happen when the temp setting is higher. We didn't try it again as it took some time for the house to air out. But other than that, we had a wonderful stay, enjoyed the space and took many great walks on picturesque Cannon Beach.
House is not well maintained and property manager unresponsive. Best example - sliding glass door did not close/lock. Three calls to manager and still not addressed when we left. Owner needs to put some $ back into the house. I have VRBO'd on the Oregon coast a dozen times and this was the worst.
Great weekend with family.
We had a wonderful weekend at The Wave. The location is great. Had 2 of our kids and their families stay with us. Lots of room for everyone. Only have 2 comments and/or suggestions to make.
(1) We had a large family breakfast two of the mornings. I had brought my electric skillet from home. It would have been nice if the house had a griddle as we had pancakes one morning. If the house does have a griddle available, I didn't find it. As it was, I used my skillet and it worked fine. That is just a suggestion to the owners to possibly have appliances conducive to larger group meals as it does accommodate large groups.
(2) With the open beam ceiling in the living room we had a little problem regulating the heat. If we set the thermostat for the living/dining room area, the upstairs bedrooms and living area got way too hot. It was a back and forth struggle to keep everyone happy. In The Waves' defense, however, I must add that we had the whole gamut of weather that weekend - rain, hail, snow (that accumulated to about an inch but was gone by the afternoon) and beautiful sunshine on the day we all gathered at the beach. So I guess it was one of those things that the heat in the house fluctuated so much.
All in all, however, it was a wonderful weekend and a beautiful place in which to spend it. Look forward to possibly staying there again.
Thank you for a memorable time!
Beautiful, convenient, and kid friendly!
Great location, easy 5 min walk to the beach. Had 4 children whom all loved the loft! Patio was great for grilling. Enjoyed our stay very much!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed ALL HOLIDAYS have a 5 night minimum.