Eco-Cottage on Organic Farm with Spa Services & Kayaks(47 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2 bedroom with outdoor kitchen, bath & toilet (outhouse) with small ocean view
• Serene 13+ acre organic avocado and macnut farm with an abundance of tropical fruit trees, veggies, herbs, flowers & berries.
• Perfect year-round climate, at 1600 ft. above sea level on the side of Mauna Loa Volcano (the most massive, active volcano on Planet Earth!).
• Savor the seclusion and quiet, away from the crowds and resorts.
• 4 miles from the closest place to jump in the ocean
• 15-minutes to Ho'okena Beach State Park for sunbathing and swimming with dolphins
• 20-minute drive brings you to the famous Pu'uhonua o'Honaunau (Place of Refuge) National Historic Park and Kealakekua Bay where you can kayak to Captain Cook's monument and snorkel with an endless variety of tropical fish and sea turtles & dolphins.
• 65 miles from Madame Pele's live action at Volcanos National Park
• Light hiking on the property where you can enjoy seeing all sorts of Hawaii's wildlife and plants.
• Explore the 30+ variety of fruit, nut trees & berries while at PapaLani, much of which is available for purchase during your visit, as well as fresh eggs from the chickens.
• If interested, you can learn how to become more sustainable… We practice vermiculture (worms), raising chickens, permaculture, Korean Natural Farming, composting, mulching, solar, water catchment, and more.
• Find a nice place to meditate & relax.
• Nikki is the land owner. She fully respects your privacy. She is happy to provide info about the farm, things to do, places to go, etc.
• The farm is a working organic farm, therefore farm work may be occurring during your stay, but again, your privacy is fully respected.
The Eco-cottage was built December 2012, with a combination of in and outdoor living…
• Outdoor living
• Covered outdoor kitchen with necessities to cook meals (full fridge, 2 burner stove, sink, dishes, utensils, blender, coffee-maker)
• Covered outdoor bamboo walled shower with viewing space to gaze at the stars with an evening shower.
• Composting toilet.
• 2 large bedrooms with separate entrances so you can rent one space or both:
• One room has a queen bed
• One room has bunk bed with full and twin mattresses.
• Large lanai (covered porch) with an ocean and farm view.
• In the winter time it can get cool at this elevation morning and night. A propane heater is available, but be sure to bring heavy socks or slippers and a thick sweatshirt or fleece.
• Everything is kept clean and tidy although it is mostly outdoors so there are geckos, creepy crawlers, and insects around.
• High speed internet and long distance phone services are provided.
• Full range of discounted spa services available on site for guests.
• Beach chairs, towels, & coolers available.
• Snorkel equipment available for $25/week.
• Our water source is 100% rainwater caught from the roof of our home and stored in catchment tanks. County water is made available to you in the kitchen for drinking.
• We have solar panels which are hooked to the grid right now to provide some of the electric.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- 600 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 8
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- outdoor toilet and outdoor sink and shower
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $20 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- linen fee extra person $20 + tax
- cleaning per room $40 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $125
- Tax Rate 13.41%
2 people can rent the whole cottage for $88/night or 2 people can rent just one of the rooms for only $66/night -with possible neighbor & share a kitchen/bath or rent the cottage for up to 4 people for $109 and additional people $20/night. christmas/ny week $20 extra/night.
please specify your preference in your request &/or call me if you are confused 808-328-0181 (Hawaii time zone).
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Some things you can enjoy in the area within a very short drive include:
swimming with the dolphins in 4 bays, hiking at Manuka State Park or on the property, Hiking to Honomolino Beach where Elvis made the movie 'girls, girls, girls' is only 4 miles drive away. There south point, green sand beach, black sand beach, golfing, snorkeling at the best spots in Hawaii, Kayaking, coffee farm tours & Kulakai Caverns where you can go into some super large lava tubes.
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: Aloha I'm Nikki. PapaLani Farms has been a labor of love since 2003 for me. I have been doing body work since 1990 and have owned and operated spas ever since. If you would like to set up your stay as a retreat/cleanse just let me know in advance and we can make that happen.
Why the Owner Chose Captain Cook, HI, USA:
I purchased this farm because i am interested in creating a sustainable life & peaceful country living. I love to know where my food is coming from and be involved in the process. I like being away from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy the cycles of the moon. The farm is spacious and private and offers endless opportunities.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
I enjoy the fruit trees, gardening, herbs, vermiculture, raising chickens, making mulch/compost, creating a beautiful and safe environment for people to explore themselves and their connection with nature.
- Primary: +1 8089373013
- Secondary: 808-937-3013
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
rainbow over eco-cottage at sunset
Makai bedroom with a double/twin bunk bed.
Outdoor Kitchen with propane cook stove
driveway up to the cottage past the gardens
some pumpkin squash
east side yard.. the macnut field is more to the east, goddess garden background
Mayan cornfield planted 2015
sunshine thru the macnut tree
mauka bedroom with queen bed
front lanai/living area
airiel shot of papalani farm. eco-cottage in middle
looking down off the looking from lanai towards the ocean on a cloudy day
Lakshmi the farm dog! She's loving, gentle & happy to see new guests.
a Banana Tree with the blue sky in the background
toilet, macnut tree and cottage in background
some garden kale
front of eco-cottage
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, March 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.