Classic Beachfront Cottage, Newport County, Ri(10 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4-5
Offering panoramic water views & direct beach access, this property is the ideal location for a summer get-away with friends and family, or a romantic couples retreat. Wake up to a stunning sunrise, and enjoy your morning coffee on the expansive mahogany deck overlooking the Sakonnet River. This 375 square foot deck is great for sun bathing, reading and relaxing on the lounge furniture and for evening dining and cocktails!
The sprawling beachfront offers an abundance of sea glass and beautiful shells to add to your collection. Being so close to the water's edge, you can truly enjoy the wild life on the river. You will frequently see ducks, herons and the occasional swan!
Painted wood walls, vaulted ceilings and exposed wooden beams promote a cozy cottage atmosphere. The new furnishings and white color palate provides a 'barefoot elegance' that will allow you to unwind in a comfortable yet sophisticated space.
Cook a delicious meal in the newly appointed custom kitchen. Designed with stainless steel appliances, farmers sink and convenient island to feel like your home away from home when preparing a family meal or dinner for two.
The open floor plan allows for entertaining and fun family meals. Guests can comfortably lounge in the living room, dine at the banquette or cuddle up on the couch to watch a surround sound movie on the 46 inch flat screen TV.
There are (2) bedrooms located off of the main living area. Bedroom (1) has a king size bed, walk-in closet, laundry and great morning and afternoon sunlight. Bedroom (2) has a queen size bed with amazing southern water views, a chair for lounging and a cabinet for clothing storage. All bedding is provided and is luxury hotel quality. There is also the option of a air mattress for additional guests upon request.
There is (1) Cottage Style bathroom with a vessel sink, shower and bath tub in one, plenty of storage and a large mirror. Enjoy an outdoor shower after a day of swimming or sun bathing. Towels are provided.
If you are looking to go out for a night on the town, Newport is a short 15 minute drive and offers an amazing variety of activities, dining experiences and entertainment to boot!
'Fairview Cottage' underwent a full renovation in Winter of 2013 - April of 2014. These efforts are to create a bright, new, welcoming interior for our friends, family and guests to enjoy!
Member since: 2014
- 800 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 5
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 1 - Jun 10, 2017
7 night min stay
Jun 11 - Sep 9, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 10 - Sep 8, 2018
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Weekly Cleaning Fee $150
- Tax Rate 8%
Contact the owner for " off peak season" pricing
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Enjoy the relaxation and privacy of this waterfront cottage. Swimming and water activities steps from your door. Beachcombing at its best; shelling, sea glass collecting and bird watching. This is a summer haven that you could never leave...
...but if you must... Here are some great local activities!
To prepare your own local Rhode Island 'farm to fork' meal, visit DeCastro's farm stand with all farm fresh produce located at top of the street or the Aquidneck Farmers Market in Newport on Wednesdays.
Winery tours and tastings are just minutes away and head to Greenvale Vineyards on Sunday for live Jazz music. It's a short 15 minute ride to Newport for endless vacation activities in 'America's First Resort.' Visit local beaches and enjoy activities such as swimming, paddle boarding, kayaking, sailing and surfing. Experience the Newport Mansions, walk along the historic cliffwalk or meander the cobblestone streets of downtown Newport. There are countless boutiques, restaurants and bars to enjoy along the way.
Top Ten 'Must Do' Activities in Newport & Portsmouth
1. Charter an America's Cup Sailboat, and learn to sail aboard a classic racing yacht or simply sip champagne and enjoy the ride!
2. Tour a Newport Mansion. The Marble House, The world renowned Breakers, Doris Duke's Rough Point and many more opulent homes were the summer retreats of the rich and famous during the Gilded Age.
3. Drive the esteemed, Ocean Drive, just like Grace Kelly and Frank Sinatra in 'High Society.' This street boasts mansions both old and new and winds along a stunning rocky coast line. A great spot for a picnic and a family photo!
4. Enjoy a Drink on the Lawn at Castle Hill: Nearing the end of Ocean Drive you will stumble upon the magnificent Castle Hill Inn. The lawn is the perfect place to watch the sun set, while relaxing in an Adirondack chair and enjoying your favorite libation.
5. Eat at the Brick Alley Pub, everyone does! It is a Newport staple. They have an extensive menu, a great salad bar and the best lobster rolls in town. It is also family friendly!
6. Watch a Tennis Match at The Tennis Hall of Fame or tour their delightful museum. If you are lucky you might even be able to reserve a grass court for a match of your own!
7. Get ready to stomp some divots 'Pretty Woman' style at the Portsmouth Polo Grounds. This is a great family activity, half time is the best and don't forget to pack a picnic.
8. Visit St. Mary's Church on Memorial Blvd. You may recognize this as where John and Jackie Kennedy said 'I Do.' Years later, Newport is one of the leading destination wedding locations in the United States!
9. Fly A Kite at Brenton Cove on a Saturday Afternoon. You will be in good company and the kites are pretty impressive. Located on Ocean Drive this is another perfect photo opportunity and a great spot to picnic, play bocce or kick around a soccer ball.
10. Pick out your own Lobster at Aquineck Lobster. Nothing says 'New England Vacation' like lobster dinner. Here you can hand pick own lobster and if this doesn't sound appealing, you can enjoy lobster at pretty much any of the local restaurants!
There are endless opportunities and we hope you enjoy Newport as much as we do!
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Having both grown up spending summers on the water in New England, my husband and I shared the dream of one day living on the beach.... That way we would NEVER have to leave! My husband owns and operates a boutique architectural firm specializing in the design of coastal New England homes. We agreed when renovating, to keep the coastal cottage charm alive, yet we wanted to update the space with the modern day amenities that make life a bit more comfortable. These included vaulted ceilings to make the space feel larger, a flat-screen TV, internet and cable, heat, air-conditioning, stainless steel appliances and a large deck overlooking the water. We wanted it to feel casual and relaxed but bright and sophisticated. A space that while amazing as a summer cottage would be enjoyable all year round. A home where our family, and other families could retreat for rest, relaxation and fun!
Why the Owner Chose Portsmouth, RI, USA:
In 2011, shortly after we were married, we fell in love with this property. Built in the 1940’s, this summer cottage was previously owned by a family who spent every summer here together. When we purchased the property, the family shared great stories and memories that were created here, and we were truly inspired to make this a special place of our own.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
...come stay and relax!!
Open Living Room And Kitchen with Flat Screen TV & surround sound
Brand New Kitchen with stainless steel appliances
Dine indoors or out with a fabulous view!
Cottage style bathroom with custom foot stool for kids!
Relaxing Waterfront Escape!!
Laundry Room and Master Closet
Banquette with bright new pillows!
Find your waterfront location on this chart of Narragansett Bay
Peace and Quiet
Wake up to a stunning sunrise!
Architectural Plans of Interiors
Beach Front Access with Birds Eye View from Dining Deck
Stone Pathway to the the cottage! Shingle style garage on left hand side.
Brand new Outdoor Shower, a perfect place to cool down on a hot summers day!
Many thanks to a wonderful guest for this amazing sunrise photo from the deck!
A pop of color in the flower boxes
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Thursday, March 30, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.