Get away from it all in this luxuriantly appointed, beautiful 4-bedroom home with spectacular water and territorial views. So quiet all you can hear is the swish of birds’ wings.
Samadhi House is perched atop Mt. Dallas, the highest point on San Juan Island in Washington state. It boasts spectacular views of Haro Strait (separates the US from Canada), the Canadian Gulf Islands, Vancouver Island, and forested mountains. Surrounded by the glories of NW nature, you can’t see a single house. But you will watch as cruise liners silently head towards Alaska and eagles and hawks soar overhead. You may even spot the occasional whale breaching in the Strait. At night, you’ll see the distant lights of Victoria and Sydney B.C. The perfect private retreat!
Samadhi House features:
• 4 bedrooms; sleeps up to 12
• 3 fireplaces (2 gas, 1 electric)
• Free WiFi
• Gourmet kitchen
• Workout equipment
• Two Jacuzzis
• High-end luxury bamboo bedding and quality mattresses for the best night’s sleep
• Heated floors
• Large flat-screen TV
• DVD movie library
• Indoor, outdoor seating
• Library of great books
• Installing heat pump for air conditioning by Summer 2016.
While a haven of solitude, Samadhi House is only minutes from all the amenities you could ask for:
• 7-minute drive to Lime Kiln State Park, the Northwest’s premier Orca viewing point from which to see these amazing whales feeding within 20 yards of shore (seasonal)
• San Juan County park, where friends can camp and you can launch your kayaks or other small boats
• Friday Harbor and Roche Harbor – Restaurants etc.
• Lavender farm
• Golf course
• Whale watching tours
• Kayaking Tours
• Sail boating
• Beach combing
• Scooter rental