About the property
- Condo283 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
Sleeps Two, w/ Balcony over looking Zoo, Park & Ocean - Parking Available for $
This unit features breathtaking views of Diamond Head, Kapiolani Park and Kuhio Beach. Enjoy Sunrise and Sunsets, movies on the beach, the roar of the lions from the zoo, the locals folks trekking back and forth to the beach all day from this large lanai with comfortable furnishings.
The unit features a queen size bed with contemporary Island furnishings, air conditioning, large windows to enjoy the views, an armoir for hanging cloths, full size refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker, new bathroom with shower and vanity area. This is an ideal place to spend two day sor two months.
“Now featuring ‘Fiber100’ high speed internet and Advantage Plus TV with 225+ channels”
Perfect for the active couple who wants to participate in the outdoor activities of the neighborhood ... swimming, hiking, biking, ocean kayaking, surfing, tennis, jogging and more. The perfect affordable get-away.
Professionally managed by Hawaii Americana Realty
- Waikiki Beach - 0.1 miles
- Honolulu International Airport - 10.2 miles
- Diamond Head Crater - 2.3 miles
- Pearl Harbor - 15 miles
- Honolulu Zoo - Across the street
- Waikiki Aquarium - 0.5 miles
- Kapioani Park - 0.2 miles
- Ala Moana Shoppping Center - 2.1 miles
- International Market Place - 0.6 miles (open 2016)
- Swimming pool and sun deck
- Travel activity desk
- Candy/snack machine ($)
- Fast food reastaurant ($)
- Ice Machine
- Internet kiosk in lobby ($)
- Nightclub ($)
- Parking ($)
($) additonal fees apply
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 10, 2018
About Mark Howard
Aloha - Thank you for viewing one of our property listings on VRBO - My name is Mark Howard, and I am the Principal Broker, President and Property Manager for Hawaii Americana Realty, headquartered in Waikiki. Originally from New Zealand I have made Waikiki my home because of the sun, surf and sand. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to stay in one of our vacation properties sometime soon. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have, and Aloha!
Why Mark Howard chose Honolulu
Location, location, location - The Waikiki Grand Hotel has the best location in Waikiki - with easy access to beach, parks, restaurants and walking distance to Diamond Head. - “Now featuring ‘Fiber100’ high speed internet and Advantage Plus TV with 225+ channels”
What makes this Condo unique
Location, location, location - The Waikiki Grand Hotel has the best location in Waikiki - with easy access to beach, parks, restaurants and walking distance to Diamond Head.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Waikiki Grand Room 715
The Waikiki Grand hotel is located at the quieter end of Waikiki next to the zoo. You will find quick access to the beach and will awaken not only to the sound of the ocean but often of zoo animals.
The Grand is unique in that rooms are individually decorated. Room 715 is tastefully decorated, well equipped, and has excellent views of the ocean, Diamond Head, and the zoo. The lanai allows you to enjoy the spectacular views.
I have been staying at the Grand for many years. You will enjoy your time at Waikiki at this facility at the Grand.
Aloha Glenn, Thank you very much, We are happy to hear you really had a great time and you enjoyed the suite and it's beautiful location and stunning views over looking the Honolulu zoo and Waikiki beach. Look forward to having you back soon Mahalo! - The Hawaii Americana Realty Team
Location Location Location !!
Great location! Beautiful view of Diamond head and Waikiki Beach! Room was very nicely furnished and very clean. JR was a pleasure and on time when meeting us. Thank you Mark Howard!
Great View, nicely appointed, needs a few improvements
1 minute walk to the beach. Great view from balcony. Kitchen is nice and fairly new. New shower & bathroom. Tile floor. Decent internet. Great building. Easy parking across and down the street (and much free parking at night if you just ask the desk attendant where) ABC store 100 feet away. Fairly quiet as it is on 7th floor and with Zoo (rather than busy nightclub) across the street. Negatives include: AC aims at the side of the bed and will not cool the room until you aim it up above the bed at which time it is aiming at you so you are very cold with it blowing on your face. No shelf in shower for soap & shampoo. Sheets & Blanket were clean but could use improvement in quality. No bed spread.
Thank you for booking with us David, we appreciate your feedback -- we're happy to have played a part in a well enjoyed vacation! Aloha and Mahalo -- we look forward to your next stay with us! -The Hawaii Americana Realty
Awesome location - reasonable stay
Let's start with the great parts:
1) This location is amazing. I have stayed in this hotel many times in the past and the location (for Waikiki) can't be beat. You are very close to the ocean. The park is outside of the hotel. Diamond head is right there. It is quiet (for Waikiki standards) yet you are totally close to the action. Don't hesitate to stay here if location is your main concern. You can't beat it!
2) The unit is small (as noted by other guests). However, it is well appointed. It was great for one person or two people not needing lots of space. They have done a great job updating the condo and there is plenty of storage and such. For the price point, this is a great unit.
3) The place was stocked with paper towels, toilet tissue, samples of shampoo, beach equipment, etc. I really didn't want for anything during my week's stay. I have stayed at other locations in this building and I would say this condo is outfitted well compared to the others.
Areas for improvement include.....
1) The A/C in this unit is particularly bad. The VERY SMALL wall unit is totally insufficient and the room is simply hot at all hours. The very adequate ceiling fan really did help make it comfortable but the room never cooled down. This was very frustrating as I wanted to enjoy the view but the room was so hot that I couldn't justify opening the blinds! If you are at all concerned about the temperature - seek another unit. However, if you enjoy hot temps and want to bake in the sun - this is a great place.
2) There was no 'hot plate' in this unit. No big deal for me but know that there was not one in the unit. I pointed this out during the initial walk-through.
3) Be willing to be flexible about the details. I was given phone numbers (on VRBO) for a guest manager who is no longer at the building or with the company. It worked out OK in the end but it did cause a little confusion.
In summary - the Waikiki Grand hotel is a great location and has enough amenities to make for a comfortable stay. If you are seeking high-end accommodations, this isn't the location for you. However, if you want a great location and a reasonable rate, this is a property worth considering. This particular unit is well appointed and reasonably clean and modern. However, the air conditioning is totally inadequate. If you are prone to over heating, there are better units in this building. If a/c isn't a worry for you - do consider this unit!
Aloha Troy and Mahalo for your stay with us -- We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of this property and most of the amenities suited your needs during your stay. Please note, we value your feedback and your concerns regarding the A/C are being addressed by our team. We hope you choose to book with us in the future -- we have a variety of other rentals at this property available if you prefer a different location in the same building for one of your future trips. Thank you- The Hawaii Americana Realty Team
The location of this place was great. Very easy to get around every where. Love the balcony view of the Diamond head, the zoo park, and the beach. The staff at the front desk was very nice and helpful.
The unit can use a bit more cleaning. the air conditioner by the window and the refrigerator was very noisy. An upgrade on those 2 items would have been a pleasant stay.
Aloha and Mahalo, Terry T. -- We're happy to hear you received the great customer service our team strives to provide, and that you enjoyed the beautiful unique views of this suite -- You are always welcome back!
Perfect location! Nice view on diamond head and Waikiki beach.
This condo is very well located near the beach and restaurants. At the end of waikiki beach. Quiet area in front of a park and the honolulu zoo. The view from the balcony on Diamond Head is beautiful. The unit is small but perfect for sleeping at affordable price and spending the day outside. Small renovations/repairs could be appreciated and also a better bed quality. Mahalo!
Aloha Julie L. -- Thank you to you and your group for being fantastic guests. Weʻre so glad the suite was accommodating for all of you and you enjoyed the perks of the location. It would be our pleasure if you choose to stay with us, again, on your next trip! Mahalo- The Hawaii Americana Realty Team
Whether you are looking forward to surfing, canoe paddling, snorkeling, swimming, boogie boarding, sand combing, catching a golden tan, people watching, or marveling at a few beautiful Waikiki sunsets, it’s very easy to have a good time on the different areas of Waikiki Beach . There is also a beautiful Waikiki Beach promenade, available for those who are interested in taking a leisurely stroll to absorb all the action.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Cancellation policy: Cancellations must be emailed 60 days prior to check in date. If you email your cancellation 60 days before your check in date you will receive a full refund of your deposit. Cancellations within 60 days are subject to forfeiture of full deposit and any other monies you have paid for your dates that you have reserved. We will try to re-rent your dates reserved so that we can make a refund to you. However, if the dates are not re-rented, your monies paid will be forfeited. Late checkout policy: If you have a late departure flight, we recommend reserving the condo for an additional night so you will have the use of your accommodation all day and depart at leisure. Unauthorized late checkouts will be charged as follows: $50 per hour or the daily room rate, whichever is less.