About the property
- Condo962 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Mininum Stay3 - 10 nights
Overlooking the 9th fairway of the Kona Country Club Golf Course, this lovely ocean-view condo is a tropical paradise. The path to the door is lined with lush hibiscus, fragrant ginger, magical monstera, and dozens of other Hawaiian plants. As you walk up the stairs, note how the majestic monkey pod tree creates a frame for the condo.
Open the door and immediately view the endless ocean. Slip off your shoes and feel the cool, floating bamboo floors. Turn on the palm frond ceiling fans and start light breezes flowing. Sink into tropical theme, rattan furniture that provide a unique Tommy Bahama ambiance. Dangerously comfortable, you may need to be coaxed from the pillowed recliner with ottoman. Enjoy cooking on your private gas grill using utensils from the fully stocked kitchen as you marvel at the brilliant red and orange sunsets. Listen closely. You'll hear someone blowing the conch shell as the sun dips below the horizon. At the end of the day, sleep soundly on a comfortable king sized bed in the ocean view bedroom. More sleeping for family and friends is available on the queen sized sofa bed in the living room and the queen sized aerobed.
Wake to the sounds of tropical birds, sip your Kona coffee on the lanai, and make plans for all of your Big Island activities. This condo is an ideal launching point! Our numerous guidebooks and maps will help you decide. Pack your cooler, beach chairs, beach towels, and boogie boards for great fun at the beach. Plan a day of snorkeling at Kahaluu Beach where you will see numerous sea turtles and scores of tropical fish. Visit farmers' markets along Alii Drive for luscious, fresh mangoes, papayas, pineapples and more. Stroll through the waterfront shops at Kona Village and enjoy the nightlife. Then come home to the peace and quiet of your Hawaiian retreat at Keauhou Akahi, where parking is just steps away from your door.
This is a No Smoking, No Pets Property. 3 Night minimum stay required, 10 night minimum during Ironman & the Holiday period. Hawaii Tax ID: 036-679-2704-01
Kona Coast Vacations - SL
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 19, 2018
About Kona Coast Vacations - SL
Aloha and welcome to the Big Island. We are thankful to Hawaii and its peoples for allowing us to work and play on this great island. Kona Coast Vacations manages over 170 condos, homes and estates along the leeward (dry and sunny) side of the Big Island ( this island is named Hawaii, same name as the State). We are located right in Kailua Kona which is about 10 minutes south of the KOA (Kona) international airport. Most people include Kailua Kona, Keauhou, Kahaluu, and Holualoa, under the umbrella of the name Kona. We also have team members living near the resort area ( about 25 minutes north of the airport) which include Mauna Kea, Mauna Lani, Hali'i Kai, Waikoloa Beach Resort (near the coast), Waikoloa Village (up mountain, about 15 minutes from the coast), etc. Our team of inspectors check the property before your arrival, after you depart, and we inspect the cleaners. If something is amiss, please let us know immediately on arrival and we will address your concerns ASAP. We are open seven days a week to assist guests and owners. We offer a concierge service, we have maps and recommendations on our web site and are here to answer your questions. Kona Coast Vacations has been rated excellent by Trip Advisor in 2013 and 2014, and it appears Trip Advisor only offers ratings now, and we are sitting at 4.5/5.0 based on all the reviews since 2009. We were voted the "Best Vacation Rental Agency" for 2015 and 2016- Best of Hawai'i - Lei Niho Palaoa Awards. We credit these great ratings to our reservations, maintenance and inspection team. Whether you stay with us or with another host, we hope you enjoy the Big Island of Hawaii and experience the Aloha Spirit. Please feel free to utilize our website, links and to engage Kona Concierge for booking any of your activities. Aloha and Mahalo The team at Kona Coast Vacations
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Clean, comfortable and fantastic view!
We found this ‘home’ to be very comfortable and clean and would not hesitate to book it again the next time we visit the island. Would certainly recommend to anyone looking for a place with the feeling of home.
Very Nice Condo with Beautiful Lanai
Appreciated emailed directions; easy to find the condo. Very much appreciated answers to questions I emailed prior to trip; thanks very much, David!
The condo was quite nice. The lanai was a great place to sit & relax, watch geckos & birds, & the ocean. Nicely stocked. Everything we needed was there (other than issues listed below).
Contacted Kona Coast Vacations a few times about issues when 1st arrived; didn't bother to call re: other issues because response was lacking.
1. Only 1 set of keys; all emails said would be 2 sets of keys. I called on Tues & was told a 2nd set to be sent on Wed. OK; great customer service would have corrected issue that night, but wasn't a big deal. Keys in the condo were 2 front door (knob & deadbolt separate keys) & 1 for pool. A single doorknob key was delivered next day when we were gone. By the time we got back that evening I just didn't want to bother w/ pointing out the issue.
2. Emailed directions about condo said WiFi, and other pertinent info, would be in guest book inside condo. I searched high & low for such a book, but couldn't locate it. I contacted Kona Coast Vacations & was told cleaners probably put it away. At least I was given a password for WiFi (although it turned out to be password for WiFi from a different unit. . . ). Next day I was told guest book had been removed because someone spilled stuff on it & it had to be replaced. It was delivered, which is how I found out we were initially using WiFi from a different unit. Sorry, but guest book should have been replaced before we showed up. And if it absolutely couldn't be, we should have been told so & provided proper WiFi information.
3. There was no TV channel listing in guest book, even though one of the pages listing contents of that section clearly said TV channel listing would be there. Also, cable box/remote control wouldn't bring up a guide. I didn't bother to call Kona Coast Vacations about this because of how above issues were handled.
4. I was called on Tue before we arrived & advised handyman would be responding back to unit to complete some work (replace an access panel) related to installation of new water heater. He was there when we arrived. The access panel & trim were broken; that's probably why handyman didn't put them back up initially. That's my only negative comment on the unit itself. Listing certainly didn't mention you would have a damaged wall/access panel in one bathroom.
Great place for Kona area stay
We had a great stay at this condo just outside of Kona. The unit is in very nice condition, immaculately clean, and has a beautiful golf course view with the ocean in the background. We loved sitting on the the lanai watching all the interesting birds in the tree right outside the unit. The location is perfect - away from the bustle of Kona proper but close enough for a quick trip in for restaurants and shops. Don’t miss the snorkeling at Kahaluu Beach Park just up the road from the Keahou Akahi. Loads of colorful fish plus green sea turtles. Amazing! This was our first trip to Hawaii and we found a winner on this stay. Aloha and Mahalo!
Lovely, quiet location
We enjoyed this quiet location away from the commercial zones further north. The small shopping center just down the road had grocery store and restaurants (we enjoyed the brew pub) The condo is well equipped. The beach sun tent was a nice surprise. We spent a lot of time on the lanai, enjoying the bird activity and the view of the golf course and water. Communication with Kona Coast was excellent before and during our stay. 👍
Really a great place and a great value.
We were very happy and comfortable in this unit. It is very well equipped in every way. We enjoyed sunsets from our lanai. We cooked most of our meals here and found nothing lacking. Our concierge, David, was attentive and very helpful. Would certainly return.
gorgeous expansive ocean view
The condo was a perfect size for the two of us. It had every amenity we could have wanted including two bathrooms!
Being on the golf course resulted in a beautiful setting with a sunset every night and expansive ocean view beyond the course. I would tend to warn anyone considering this unit to be aware of the early morning maintenance (manicuring) of the course, and sometimes at odd times during the day. It didn't bother us, generally, but might be of concern to anyone wanting total serenity at all hours.
This unit did not offer any 'leftovers' from previous renters (such as sugar, flour, spices, coffee, canned or boxed goods, etc.), as we have encountered with every other condo we've rented in the Kona area. Not sure why, but another thing to keep in mind upon arrival in the event you assumed there might be a tad of coffee grounds in the freezer to get your started the next morning, for instance. You might want to make a stop to pick up anything you will want that following day in the event the time difference makes it slow-going in the morning.
Overall, we would rent this unit again if is available the next time around. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with the comfort, the quality of the unit, or the location. Close to everything needed, yet not in the midst of the chaos closer to Kona village.