Our private woodland cabin is only steps away from the beautiful West Seattle/Alki waterfront and a 10 minute water taxi to downtown Seattle. It features a queen room, sleeper sofa, and a kitchenette.
Our 80 year old Tiny Tipsy Cabin is perfect for guests that are looking for unique beauty and convenience, without all the amenities of a hotel.
NOTES: Steps to House. Seclusion = Slow Internet & Weaker Cell Service.
* Cozy, rustic, queen-size room
* Large claw-foot tub & shower
* Kitchenette w/sink, portable induction cooktop, coffee & tea bar, mini fridge, microwave & basic pots, pans, dishes and silverware
* Extra sleeper sofa in living room
Our 80 year old historic shipbuilder's cabin has running water, electricity, (slow) internet and most modern conveniences. Lofted up above the forest floor, you may see as many as 80 species of birds (including eagles and peregrine falcons), as well as the odd deer or beaver from the rocking chairs on your front porch!
The Fairmount Gulch is one of Seattle's last preserved river ecosystems, and the lack of pavement means winters can be damp and muddy, so be careful walking up to the cabin. Once inside the sliding glass doors you'll find a living room with walls of windows that look out to the treetops above and the creek below. Our guests enjoy playing with the board games we provide, reading a book on the porch, and soaking in the antique claw-foot tub [bubble-bath provided ;D].
We don't have a TV, but we do have the iconic view Downtown Seattle, our famous ferries, and our resident harbor seals just 300 feet away down the private dirt road. Truly a home trapped in time, the Tiny Tipsy Cabin is everything this old harbor town once was, and is steps away from the thriving metropolis Seattle has become. Truly the best of both worlds.
* Please let us know your check-in and check-out plans.
* When you arrive take a wide right turn into covered carport. Its a small gravel road, so if you are having trouble parking in the carport there is a pull out (also gravel) slightly down the hill next to a orange cone & power pole.
* Do not park on paved driveway - that is our neighbors land
* Please note – check-out is at 10 AM – check-in is 3 PM or later.
* Please read our cancellation and pet policy before booking.
* We love dogs, but prior approval of your pooch is required.
* Please let us know if your well-trained and non-destructive pups will be staying with you, and be aware that there will be an additional $25 pet cleaning due.
* Owners are 100% responsible for pets and any damages or injuries caused by pets. No barking dogs allowed.
* Dogs should stay with owner.
Interaction with guests
* A lock box is provided so guests can come and go as needed.
* Homeowner is always available to offer suggestions for local music, art, entertainment, hiking, dining and points of interest, either in person or via text.
Other things to note
Rental subject to these terms:
* NO SMOKING in unit. No butts on ground.
* Cleaning: So that our home is ready for the next guest as soon as possible, upon departure please:
- Return items in the suite to where you found them (no need to make beds)
- Wash dishes
- Put used bath linens in shower or on floor
- Wipe off hair from sink, tub and shower
- Place all trash in the outside trash cans in bags
- Put things back in the place they were when you arrived
* Towels & Supplies: Bed linens & bath towels (two per person) are furnished. An initial supply of trash can liners, dishwashing liquid, bathroom tissue and bath soap is provided under the sink and in the bathroom closet.
* Maintenance: We will respond as quickly as possible should anything arise. Refunds will not be made for maintenance issues, nor for temporary outage of electricity, water, cable or internet.
* Hold Harmless: Owner assumes no liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property, nor for any inconveniences, damage, loss or injury arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, cable service, electricity, internet service or plumbing, as well as due to weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, injuries, construction nuisances or other reasons beyond our control.
* Guests must read entire listing.
* Booking confirms that guests have read listing and understand and agree with its contents and terms.
* If you have any concerns please contact us so we can resolve them ASAP.
Thanks, Michael and Jess