This magnificent custom designed home - The Sea Sanctuary - is situated just a hundred yards from the sand with 180 degree whitewater views. A seal colony can be found 1/2 mile to the south and exceptional tidepooling can be found within another 100 yards. A bike/walking trail runs along the ocean as well. Enjoy a solitary walk along the beach - in fact you could walk for miles and miles in secluded exploration of beach and sandy dunes. Radiant floor heat and a wood-burning fireplace can make this rental extra cozy in the winter. And the insulating concrete form construction keep the house pleasantly cool on warmer summer days. Elevated decks both front and rear allow for enjoyable outdoor living as well. A Jacuzzi-brand hot tub sits on the front deck from which you can watch and listen to the ocean's roar, see the pelicans glide by, and at night watch thousands upon thousands of stars.
The home provides a wonderful holding space for many kinds of groups including:
- friends looking for a place to get away to to have quality time hanging out, playing games or going on adventures
- multi-generational groups who need ease of beach access and easy outdoor distraction to help keep kids off their "devices."
- families looking for easy time together on holiday where great meals can be shared, board games can be played and easy relaxing outdoor time is readily available.
To take advantage of the great view, the main living area in the house is on the 2nd floor, including the master bedroom, kitchen, living room and den, all with gorgeous bamboo floors. A 5x7' loft in the living room accessible from a built in ladder is a great place to play a game of cards, relax with a book or have a private conversation. Kids always want to sleep up there on the carpeted floor, and adults sometimes do too! Directly under the loft is the window seat - the most popular spot in the house - where another guest can sleep quite comfortably if desired. The wall-mounted flat screen TV with Comcast cable services and an attached Roku device is in a smaller den attached to the living room. The double doors on the den close, keeping the viewing noise from infiltrating the peacefulness of the rest of the house. One or two people can sleep privately on the den's pull-out sofa sectional.
A gourmet custom granite and bamboo kitchen with double oven, All-Clad Cookware, Dishwasher, Kitchen Aid Mixer, Rice Cooker, VitaMix Blender, Nutri-Bullet, Slow Cooker, Pressure Cooker, Salad Spinner, Pizza stone, etc. and other appliances make cooking or baking a joy for small or larger groups.
Downstairs, you enter through the slate entry area to find a photography gallery/carpeted open yoga/exercise area which includes two futons for yet another sleeping spot. it's also a great place for kids to play if you want them to have their space separate from the rest of the group. The primary downstairs bedroom has a wonderful view facing out to the ocean. The Japanese-style tatami room, with a flooring of 2" thick traditional tatami mats serves as a wonderful bedroom as well. The sliding shoji screens with laminated rice paper close off the room and an additional sliding external curtain provides an extra degree of privacy.
The Sea Sanctuary is truly a beautiful home which can help to make your vacation by the sea very relaxing and extra memorable.
To sum up, there are many sleeping options:
- Bedroom - California king bed
- Den/TV room - Full-size pull-out sofa sleeper with extra topper padding - Sofa was purchased from Macy's but still not the most comfortable.
- Fireplace nook off the living room - queen futon w extra cushion topper, and regular couch (open area)
- Window seat - comfy sleeping for one (open area)
- Loft - 5' x 7' carpeted area can sleep a child or two on the floor. Reached by ladder.
- Bedroom - queen bed w memory foam topper
- Tatami Bedroom - queen bed
- Yoga/exercise/play area - queen sofa/futon w Extra cushion topper, single futon, and another folded up frameless futon stored under the single futon (open area)
The home is lived in for parts of the year by the owner, so please know that there are clothes in the master bedroom closet and some non-perishable food (very limited) remaining in the refrigerator. The benefit from this is that the kitchen is extremely well stocked and the owners step-in pantry (with 2 full shelves kept clear for your use) has items which might prove useful to you if you need a pinch of this or that in preparation of your own gourmet meals.
A lot of love and care has gone into the design and construction of this wonderful home.