Hummingbird Hideaway Mountain Home--Fun and Relaxing for All!
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Come enjoy a beautiful mountain home in fabulous Highlands, North Carolina! This newly renovated 3 bedroom 2 bath house has a large, updated kitchen and dining area as well as a unique loft (that kids love) with a full bed. Beautiful wood burning fireplace is perfect for the cool evenings in Highlands. Nestled in the rhododendron and hemlocks, this mountain hideaway offers lots of privacy and a large porch that is perfect for outdoor dining and feeling close to nature. The cottage is conveniently located within walking distance to downtown Highlands (~1/2 mile), while the picturesque Mirror Lake and the fabulous new Bascom Arts Center are just down the road.
Why stay in a hotel when you can have all this?:
• Fully equipped kitchen with new appliances and beautiful granite countertops
• Spacious, open floor plan with vaulted ceilings, knotty pine walls, and wood floors throughout
• Large deck nestled in the trees, perfect for enjoying cool summer evenings, has table with six chairs
• Sleeps 6 comfortably. Two bedrooms have queen beds; one bedroom has 2 bunk beds (e.g., 4 twins), and the loft has a full size bed
• Gorgeous stone fireplace is fun to use year round
• Beautiful walk-in stone shower as well as 2nd bathroom with a shower & tub
• Game closet full of most any board game you can imagine—for kids and adults!
Flat screen hdtv with blu-ray player and dvd selection
Record player with fantastic vinyl collection
• High chair and Pack and Play available for little ones
• Wireless internet access
• Central heating and air conditioning (though you’ll seldom need AC in the summer)
• Beautifully decorated and ready for your enjoyment
Highlands is the perfect getaway from Atlanta or Charlotte. Come for the great restaurants, hiking, shops, or the arts….or better yet, just come to relax!
**We love giving discounts to repeat renters!**
Keywords: house, cabin, cottage, walk to town, Bascom Arts Center, Mirror Lake, secluded deck, private, full Kitchen, High speed internet, kid friendly, great location, tv and blu-ray dvd player
Member since: 2009
- 2400 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Fireplace
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning fee $125
- Tax Rate 10%
We usually have guests pay via PayPal, but we can do personal checks with more time and references.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
About the owner: Kristin and Michael Koepenick are working professionals that live in Decatur, GA (a suburb of Atlanta). We have a 5 year old boy named Lincoln.
Why the Owner Chose Highlands, NC, USA:
Hummingbird Hideaway has been a family vacation spot going back to the '60's and renovated in 2005.
- Secondary: +1 4045454707 Michael's Koepenick's cell phone
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from the loft, a great place to wake up.
Welcome to Hummingbird Hideaway!
Sleep well in one of three beautiful bedrooms...
cozy master bedroom that has it's own bathroom connected
Bunk Beds in the Third Bedroom
game closet with tons of old chestnuts
the fireplace has a great draw.
nearby Dry Falls
great vistas coming up the mountain!
view from the kitchen to the circular drive
master bath (bigger than it looks here)
Spacious Living Room with a cozy fire!
Fabulous kitchen is fully equipped for cooking
Enjoy outdoor dining on the deck.
Stairs leading to the back deck from the driveway
what you see when you walk in
the loft from below (just above the kitchen table)
the usual outdoor picnic table set up. there's another one too.
view coming up the Franklin Road
nice evening clouds
guest bathroom (difficult to photograph well)
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Monday, October 24, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM