|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Come enjoy a beautiful mountain home in fabulous Highlands, North Carolina! This newly renovated 3 bedroom 2 bath house has a large, updated kitchen and dining area as well as a unique loft (that kids love) with a full bed. Beautiful wood burning fireplace is perfect for the cool evenings in Highlands. Nestled in the rhododendron and hemlocks, this mountain hideaway offers lots of privacy and a large porch that is perfect for outdoor dining and feeling close to nature. The cottage is conveniently located within walking distance to downtown Highlands (~1/2 mile), while the picturesque Mirror Lake and the fabulous new Bascom Arts Center are just down the road.
Why stay in a hotel when you can have all this?:
• Fully equipped kitchen with new appliances and beautiful granite countertops
• Spacious, open floor plan with vaulted ceilings, knotty pine walls, and wood floors throughout
• Large deck nestled in the trees, perfect for enjoying cool summer evenings, has table with six chairs
• Sleeps 6 comfortably. Two bedrooms have queen beds; one bedroom has 2 bunk beds (e.g., 4 twins), and the loft has a full size bed
• Gorgeous stone fireplace is fun to use year round
• Beautiful walk-in stone shower as well as 2nd bathroom with a shower & tub
• Game closet full of most any board game you can imagine—for kids and adults!
Flat screen hdtv with blu-ray player and dvd selection
Record player with fantastic vinyl collection
• High chair and Pack and Play available for little ones
• Wireless internet access
• Central heating and air conditioning (though you’ll seldom need AC in the summer)
• Beautifully decorated and ready for your enjoyment
Highlands is the perfect getaway from Atlanta or Charlotte. Come for the great restaurants, hiking, shops, or the arts….or better yet, just come to relax!
**We love giving discounts to repeat renters!**
Keywords: house, cabin, cottage, walk to town, Bascom Arts Center, Mirror Lake, secluded deck, private, full Kitchen, High speed internet, kid friendly, great location, tv and blu-ray dvd player
Kristin and Michael Koepenick are working professionals that live in Decatur, GA (a suburb of Atlanta). We have a 5 year old boy named Lincoln.
Hummingbird Hideaway has been a family vacation spot going back to the '60's and renovated in 2005.
My sisters and I truly enjoyed our stay in your home this weekend! We felt as though we were staying in a friend's house.
The cottage is adorable and feels like it's very secluded but is only a few minutes walk to the Bascom and other Highland landmarks. We enjoyed our family wedding weekend in this cozy, totally modernized retreat!
We stayed at the Hummingbird Hideaway to celebrate the 60th birthday of my sister. The house has every creature comfort needed and is very conveniently located close to town. A short hike through the woods and you're in the middle of town....it's like having your own private trail. We really enjoyed our stay! Thanks for sharing your lovely home with us!!We'll be back!
We stayed at the Hummingbird hideaway recently for a wedding up in the highlands. The house is great and located close (15 min walk) to central highlands. The house itself is a quaint house tucked away on a hill that feels more isolated than it is. It has a great deck for outdoor dinners. The living room was warm and inviting. The kitchen was spacious and well stocked with nice equipment. All in all a great property!
We had a great time and loved the home. The town and surrounding area is beautiful . Would recommend to anyone and thought the price while not a bargain was certainly fair.
Close proximity to Bascom Arts Center
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
We usually have guests pay via PayPal, but we can do personal checks with more time and references.