|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Welcome to Catahoula Lodge! This beautifully renovated mountain cabin is situated on 4+ acres of wooded privacy. Inside you will find spacious bedrooms, maple hardwood flooring, brand new bathrooms and chiseled granite in the well stocked kitchen! Two wood stoves and a beautiful rock chimney provide that great cabin experience. Step outside and enjoy the wrap-around porches that surround all sides of the house. A beautiful mountain stream at our northern border completes the outdoor options--great spot to play in the water or have a picnic. The large fenced yard provides security for kids or pets.
Located just 1-1/2 miles south of Dupont State Park and five miles north of Ceaser's Head, this is the perfect location for hiking, biking, horseback riding, waterfalls and so much more! The turnoff for the Pretty Place chapel is just three miles to the south--with spectacular views of the South Carolina panorama. We are about 10 minutes from Brevard--voted one of the best small towns in America! Brevard is loaded with art galleries, pottery and weaving, excellent restaurants and shopping. Hendersonville has even more and is about 15 miles to the east. Asheville is north about 30 miles.
The house offers a private and quiet setting to enjoy the outdoors. Two HD satellite TV's and Wifi keep you in touch with the outside world. Toughest decision of your day? Rocking chair, porch swing or hammock? Grab your favorite beverage and pick a favorite spot to relax--Catahoula Lodge is the perfect spot to stay to explore the great things that western North Carolina has to offer!
Traveling with a group? Check out our similar property less than 1/4 mile away VRBO# 294967.
Also see our listing VRBO #605630 in Cedar Mountain.
Keywords: Cabin, lodge, country home
We have vacationed in western North Carolina for more than 20 years. We love outdoor activities and enjoy these mountains year round. I went to summer camp near Brevard and have loved this area my whole life.
The property is uniquely private and quiet. The covered porches make it possible to enjoy the surroundings regardless of the weather. There are two wood stoves that keep the house toasty in the winter months. The recent renovations have made this an exceptionally beautiful and comfortable home in a rustic setting. Enjoy your favorite beverage in the rockers or porch swing while you take in the amazing scenery!
We had the best time! I brought just a few of my cross country team girls for a weekend retreat and it was perfect! We are hoping to make it a yearly trip for the girls!
We have stayed at Catahoula multiple times. Great house and location, nicely furnished and equipped, and always very comfortable and clean. Owners are great and very responsive to any questions or concerns. Would highly recommend to anyone interested in hiking, mountain biking or just for a quiet getaway.
Really wanted to LOVE this home but there were too many negatives to return. We've rented at least 15 homes from VRBO and this is only the 2nd time I've left anything lower than a "5"!
* Location- Just about 1/2 way to Highlands and 1/2 way to Asheville. Love Brevard and DuPont Forest.
* Beds were pretty comfortable (except the basement mattress)
* Large laundry room for storing things
* Cork or hardwood floors throughout. Cold...but no worry about getting the, dirty.
* For the first time EVER... I had to go to the Belk in town and buy some sheets for the master bed. I've never seen such cheap, used, piled, uncomfortable sheets on a bed. My husband agreed. Ridiculous actually.
* Appliances in the kitchen- the fridge had an ice maker but it didn't work and neither did the water dispenser. The microwaves numbers didn't work (OLD) so...you just hope you put in the right number and had to guess on the time left. The potholders,were DISGUSTING. I mean down right gross. Old, falling apart and filthy. How much would it cost to replace those every now and again? Everything felt "old and cheap". Overall the small kitchen was too old and a major drawback.
* The pressure from the showers was SO low. It took us twice as long to shower because the water trickled out. The showers were remodled and clean...but the pressure and the rest of the cleanliness of the bathroom took away from the beautiful newer showers. (Vents and mirrors dirty)
* No welcome letter or instructions. No signal at our near the house without WIFI...which was a problem without a note to tell you the code. Needed my email to get the code from the Home Away app. Not a biggie...just strange.
* Temperature was hard to keep consistent between rooms. Laundry room had none...bedrooms were much colder than the den.
.we had a great time being together. 6 adults and 2 children. We rent a house this week every year and usually like to switch it up but sometimes go back to the sale house. We won't be back to this one. The owner was nice enough when I made contact but she didn't check to see how our stay went...so I didn't share these concerns with her. For the price...not worth it. If it was a lot cheaper than comparative houses, I might consider again ONLY if I couldn't find another local home. Rather disappointed.
We loved the area though and maybe they will make some improvements and make this a great home to stay in.
Our family got together from different areas of the United States. Airports were convenient and easy access. Cabin was close to many family activities: Biking, hiking, shopping, groceries, dining, and community events. We had a blast. The cabin was a perfect place for the family to play games, eat together, relax, and enjoy the view. Cabin owners were helpful and kind. We will use this cabin again if the opportunity arises.
The home was beautiful, clean and it looked as good as the pictures. Very quiet and private and it had everything we needed for our time there.
Very nice house and location for our family meet up to visit my daughter at the Brevard music festival! Brought our doggies along and we all enjoyed the property and fenced yard. Highlight was the dogs running in the beautiful creek on the property. Owner was very accommodating and super responsive! Loved it. Concerts in Brevard were first class!
Great access to Dupont state forest and Caeser's Head state park
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
VRBO is now adding a service fee to the rental. This fee is assessed by VRBO and not the owners. Please feel free to contact us--we are happy to bill you through paypal to avoid these fees.