1927 Arts and Crafts Mediterranean-Style 2 Bdrm 2 BA House(15 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4)
The house is.nicely located: very close to Piedmont Avenue's restaurants and shops as well as the emerging "gourmet ghetto" in Oakland (either side of upper Broadway); just up from an expansive Whole Foods; just above Lake Merritt. The MacArthur BART station is not far away, and easy access to the 580 fwy puts San Francisco within easy reach and provides a really expeditious route to Berkeley as well as points South.
Keywords: well-located, fully equipped, beautifully detailed Arts and Crafts
Member since: 2011
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Queen size Beds (1), Double Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- bathroom 1 with tub; bathroom 2 with shower
- Large LR & separate DR; recently redone kitchen; breakfast room & sun room; cozy deck, overlooking Asian-style, landscaped backyard; and small balcony in front; two good-sized bedrooms, with one outfitted as office (handsome Murphy bed included). Hardwood floors; fireplace; housecleaning once/month for longer stays (tenant may add additional visits). Off-street parking in driveway is available intermittently. Wonderful shops, restaurants on Oakland's emerging "gourmet ghetto" as well as Piedmont Ave, College Ave, etc. Convenient fwy 580 access for access and quick trips to San Francisco, Berkeley, or to the South. Lake Merritt and other parks nearby....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Dining Room
- Seating for 12 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 2 - Sep 1, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning $120
- Tax Rate 14%
deposit check to confirm reservation. Remainder due 3 weeks before occupancy (to enable timely scheduling of cleaning and set-up and to send key), along with damage insurance fee.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: Academic (historian), long-time resident of the Bay Area who is only here part-time now. Third-generation Californian. Graduate of Mills College and UC Berkeley.
Why the Owner Chose Oakland Ave - Harrison St, Oakland, CA, USA:
This is an exquisite example of Arts and Crafts architecture, which is my very favorite style. Growing up in California, I had always wanted to live in such a house.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The house is ideally located to take advantage of restaurants, theatre, opera and shopping in San Francisco, as well as similar offerings in Oakland and Berkeley. (Berkeley is only about a 10-minute drive away; San Francisco about twice that long, in non-commute times.) Having Lake Merritt so close makes it easy to picnic, walk around the lake, etc.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
breakfast room to deck
2nd bdrm as study
2nd bathroom - shower
dining room looking into living room
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Friday, February 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.